Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 21681 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #630 on: January 23, 2013, 04:17:32 AM »
Pinball will only survive with education. Until pinball is sold in Harvey norman or Bunnings etc, and the masses see it being marketed, the pinball onsite will soon be prehistoric, except if u own Timezone at Surfers Paradise IMO......

How does Pinball ever become popular again onsite. or is pinball onsite a prehistoric dinosaur replaced by home users only etc..... !@# !@#
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:39:11 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #631 on: January 23, 2013, 07:50:47 AM »
Pinball will only survive with education. Until pinball is sold in Harvey norman or Bunnings etc, and the masses see it being marketed, the pinball onsite will soon be prehistoric, except if u own Timezone at Surfers Paradise IMO......

[cen]How does Pinball ever become popular again onsite. or is pinball onsite a prehistoric dinosaur replaced by home users only etc..... !@# !@#[/color]
Pinball cannot compete with 99c apps that can be played on a smart phone
Arcades are virtually dead , pinball has been on life support for the last 10 years

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #632 on: January 23, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
Clean up time gents, the Timezone stuff now has its own thread. http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=9971.0

Please keep this thread on the topic of the New Stern Avengers Pinball if possible.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #633 on: February 01, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »
Just spoke with Bruce from AND and the Avenger container has arrived with 45 machines. Fun times ahead.l
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:01:26 PM by Freiherr »
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #634 on: February 01, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
Just spoke with Bruce from AND and the Avenger container has arrived with 45 machines. Fun times ahead.l

Awesome stuff how exciting I remember when my acdc LE arrived cant wait to see pics.

Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #635 on: February 01, 2013, 01:09:31 PM »
I had to pull the pin on my pro  ^.^  due to work problems - bad timing.

Bummed but will keep the funds there unit safe.

Those that get one, enjoy them and please share your opening and thoughts on the game..
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #636 on: February 01, 2013, 05:03:29 PM »
I am 99 percent sold on a Avengers Pro. I Love 90 percent of everything about this game. George Gomez's playfield style usually, I dont like, compared to John Borgs or even Steve Ritchies masterpieces, but the Avengers playfield has got some uniqueness to it, and the general weirdness/really different feel and hard shots make this a attractive title when looking at gameplay only. Playfield art, translite art, and cabinet art are just awesome in my opinion. A very very attractive machine. The playfield lighting is pretty special, and they have upped their game when it comes to dot matrix and audio even more again than the last 2 x Stern titles. The industry is doing really well when u see everyone lifting their game and designs.

*Because it is sooo different, it does make it a very challenging experience. The recent code upgrade has also made the pin even better I am told by friends in the USA who already have theirs. The guys I know who have had their machines apx 4 weeks, have all said they are finding more n more to like everyday they play them and are finding new cool things about the Avengers gameplay n rules. This is a pin I reckon will keep even the best stern fan/player interested for quite a while cause its no walk in the park to beat this machine. Plays soo very fast. Stacks to do.

I am considering buying a new jetski, so I have to work out if i can afford both or not...or I will just get a Avengers Pro a little down the track.
I just hope Stern or AMD still has Pro or Premium stock if I leave it 3 or 6 months to take on the model when money is a little easier to spend.

If anyone gets a Avengers, I really hope u enjoy it, and I am really looking forward to seeing some peoples brand new in box opening days. ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #637 on: February 01, 2013, 05:29:05 PM »

Awesome stuff how exciting I remember when my acdc LE arrived cant wait to see pics.

Peter

Unfortunately, I can pick mine up on Tuesday week at the earliest.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #638 on: February 02, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »
Great News. Excellent times ahead.  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #639 on: February 05, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »
Avengers Movie

I rewatched the Avengers movie with my 3 year old son Hunter yesterday twice. Hunters favourite movies are both the Avengers and Transformers movies. Its a break from spiderman which is really nice....must have seen it 100 times..... @.@

The Avengers movie was 3 times better the 2nd time round cause i could watch it without any distractions and crank the volume right up on the surround sound system etc. I really enjoyed it, alot more than the first time i saw it, and there were a dozen things i noticed on the 2nd viewing i hadnt noticed on the first viewing. A really good movie. The special effects/digital mastering teams spent thousands of hours on this one for sure.
Without Ironman they would have been stuffed, but it was fun to rewatch.

Avengers Pinny
It also made understanding the Avengers Pro Pinball alot easier as well. You realise what a great job Stern has done on the Avengers pinny once u watch the movie and then have a game on it for sure. I am sure the movie company would have had a high bar for Stern to attain with this pinball to make the movie/licencing people happy. They have done a great job. The more u look at the translite and the cabinet art, the more u realise just how great the marvel artwork is.
It will be good to see some people get a Avengers Pinny and to hear the various feedback from Avengers owners.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #640 on: February 05, 2013, 01:58:56 PM »
If only the pin was relevant to either movie or comic book, as it is it sits in the middle somewhere and does not know exactly what it is supposed to be a representation of.
One very big pinball travesty indeed.
The movie is not needed to be seen at all to play and understand this title.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #641 on: February 05, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »
If only the pin was relevant to either movie or comic book, as it is it sits in the middle somewhere and does not know exactly what it is supposed to be a representation of.
One very big pinball travesty indeed.
The movie is not needed to be seen at all to play and understand this title.

I Disagree as usual ofcourse ! 
The pinny is excellent. U can see where Stern got the pinball rear panel idea from with all the main characters/flashing lights, from just by watching the opening credits on the Avengers movie on the DVD set up page...its exactly from that first minute when u watch the movie.  You wouldnt know that unless u compared the pinball to the Avengers movie, plus a dozen other things u can pick up from watching the movie.

I reckon I will actually enjoy the Avengers pinball even more now that I have watched the movie another few times.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #642 on: February 07, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
Hulk LE review from the pinball ninja.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #643 on: February 07, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
Sounds like it is for the home owner and not the operator which probably accounts for 99% of Hulks. They all sold out quick smart so Stern are not dumb about the price point.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #644 on: February 07, 2013, 11:39:02 AM »

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

WOW that is a real eye opener video! It is a great game to play, ABSOLUTELY but I think I will whack my loose change into it ( if seen on site ) and not purchase.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.