Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 21631 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #660 on: February 07, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »
I'm reading on this fourm and others about the balls getting stuck on the avengers.
But on my machines and others that I have played on, I get the odd ball stuck every now and then.

If it happens in other machines then why do people keep having a go at just the avengers and not any other pinball. Is it because it's new and does every new pinball get this type of go over? ^&^

Anthony

some people complain about anything and everything for the sake of complaining....

some people complain about it cause it is a minor hassle which is technically happening and therefore they are reporting on the facts.

some people like me expect something imperfect because thats human nature and thats anything mechanical.

pinball collectors are hard task masters.   but, at least the critique and feedback does help Stern (and others) to build a better pinball machine.  ^^^ 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #661 on: February 07, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »
I have a machine coming up this next week or so from Bruce-AMD

What are you getting - Avengers or X-Men?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #662 on: February 07, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »
I will tell u tomorrow after i see my bank manager again, but X Men is 100 percent coming as soon as Bruce can ship it.
I ordered it back in late October last year and paid half, and I just fixed the other half now that i got some medical expenses cleared, and I am definately in/deposit paid for a Avengers Pro already.  I must be mad. My wife knows I am. A divorce is coming. Sshhh.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #663 on: February 07, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »
Congrats mate, half your luck...
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #664 on: February 08, 2013, 01:41:50 AM »
Nice one Brett great start for 2013 for yourself remember heaps of photos :-)

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #665 on: February 08, 2013, 04:02:15 AM »
Nice one Brett great start for 2013 for yourself remember heaps of photos :-)

Peter

thanks guys.
I could have easily cancelled X Men and gone straight with a Avengers Pro, but X Men Pro is far too good to ever let go of having the opportunity to have one delivered brand new in box. John Borgs creations are second to none for sure. It will sit next to AC/DC and give Mr Ritchie a good run for his money so to speak. X Men is a fine game, one of the smartest designs i have ever played. The flow is amazing and the ramp shots n 3rd flipper make this game awesome. It felt perfect within the first game and not many titles do that. But Borgy designs great games and has done for many many years.

Avengers is also a game that my brain tells me i just have to get so i can share it with as many people/members as possible who ever want to stop by and play anytime. I just cant get X Men and Avengers out of my head so X Men will be here soon with Avengers down the rack as i pay it off.
Anyone passing by will be able to play/test AC/DC, X Men, Avengers and probably Sterns new Star Trek pinny if it is great plus the other dmd collection I have got for anyone to play/sample.
I am dying to see my 3 yr olds face when he sees X Men Pro getting set up next week. But if Hunter saw an Avengers Pinny getting unboxed he would go bannanas and probably have a heart attack.

I am looking forward to seeing Jady(Swinksy) get his Avengers Pro sooner or later as well.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:41:46 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »
Clay Harrell provides honest review of Hulk LE model.

Warning: This review contains complaints about build and design quality of Stern pinball machines and value for money. Stern fans are advised to practice deep breathing exercises before viewing.  *)*

Watch until the very end where Clay provides 4 pages of quality control problems including the threat made by G Stern that if parts suppliers do not decrease their costs, they will source all their replacement parts from China for future machines.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:21:24 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2013, 02:34:44 PM »
The positives are there in some of the design..  all the criticisms are there due to build quality and the STERN MO.
Some of them astound me... light leeching into the DMD... 555's popping out.. that horrible 2mm flat acrylic thing on the LHS.. its laughable.

Its a STERN.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2013, 04:27:47 PM »
*Update re Avengers titles*.

Spoke with Michael of AMD today.
AMD have another container of AVENGERS due next month and have sold out of everything BNIB except one Blue LE it looks like.
The Avengers Pro's SOLD like hotcakes, with alot of people just loving the artwork and overall package of the Pro, as well as the 30 x LE's.
There must be close to 40 or 45 Avengers owners now, with another container due, which will boost the numbers next month considerably.

If anyone gets a chance to pop past n see the guys at AMD in Sydney, its a fun trip and well worth the drive or $80 flight to see al the latest models of Stern titles.
AC/DC , X Men, Avengers, all different variants on show, and AMD also have 4 or 5 different older Stern titles in 2nd hand condition which are in great condition as well.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »
Must checkout photos of AMD would love to see/visit there showroom and checkout all the great stern titles,  Bet you can't wait for avengers Brett.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #670 on: February 18, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »
Must checkout photos of AMD would love to see/visit there showroom and checkout all the great stern titles,  Bet you can't wait for avengers Brett.

Peter

If i say i am buying cartoon style pins for the kids, I have half a chance.lol   
if i sell to buy, i have a chance, but no more additions, without deductions from the collection.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #671 on: February 18, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »

Peter

Would be great if there was a showroom to look / play these new titles in Melbourne.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #672 on: February 18, 2013, 07:08:28 PM »
It's crazy you can't go into a showroom and see these new games in the flesh. Apart from AMD in Sydney and maybe KJWHF in WA. ( Does Joe have a showroom ?? )

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #673 on: February 18, 2013, 07:13:48 PM »
It's crazy you can't go into a showroom and see these new games in the flesh. Apart from AMD in Sydney and maybe KJWHF in WA. ( Does Joe have a showroom ?? )

Been this way for years. I brought it up with Norbert last time he was down here. It defies logic that there is no showroom, or any effort to promote NEW pinballs from both manufacturers.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »

Peter

Would be great if there was a showroom to look / play these new titles in Melbourne.

Yep that would be awesome.