Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 21511 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #705 on: February 19, 2013, 07:23:21 PM »
My current concern is that with Jersey Jack machines, they're WAY out of my price range for what I'd pay for a pinball machine regardless of what features or great gameplay they supposedly had. I don't want it to turn into a space race to see which manufacturer can bring out the most expensive machine. $6000 for a new in box machine has been achievable, but I'd like to see a cheaper machine, but doubt I'll see that happen.
+1
I just checked the price of pinball cabinet in USA and the bare cabinet/head with nothing else starts at $750 and goes up to $1300 painted and prettied up. Start adding stenciled art work, back glass, electronics, legs, lights, wires and the price starts to quickly grow. Oops, I forgot the playfield, ramps and toys.
Ah, and the dreaded GST, freight and customs.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #706 on: February 19, 2013, 07:41:38 PM »
My current concern is that with Jersey Jack machines, they're WAY out of my price range for what I'd pay for a pinball machine regardless of what features or great gameplay they supposedly had. I don't want it to turn into a space race to see which manufacturer can bring out the most expensive machine. $6000 for a new in box machine has been achievable, but I'd like to see a cheaper machine, but doubt I'll see that happen.

Spooky are aiming low price point and Skitbpinball Predator was $5k in the US, so I think it is achievable but batches will reduce costs and like Freiherr said a cabinet is $750 for one but 200 cabinets could drop this alot so here's hoping. Also if pins get too high in price people will eventually slow down in purchases and then things will have to be adjusted to suit, otherwise businesses will start to close down.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #707 on: February 19, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »

Couldnt agree more the price of a machine compared to income is way out of wack.. but then again, its always been a bit of a rich mans game to buy new.
Theres a psychological barrier thats hard to get over... sell a pin for $9K and my mind says its really $10K... sell a pin for $4500 and my mind says its under $5K and could be good buying.
Start hitting around the $6.5K mark and you are not readily affordable and its bordering on luxury toy.
Stern likes to churn out the licenced games and the cost of this comes at a price.. they would be better off aiming for a $5K pin that has no licence... quality would be comparable to whats on offer already... i dont need a HULK figurine to be on the PF.. could be anything really, but the HULK you have to pay your licence for.. pushes the price up.
I dont understand STERN at all... they are aiming for the home market more so now and yet keep making pins for the latest movie release despite not marketing them to be operated.

If its a home market they aim to go for.. then all well and good.. no need for the latest movie release is there. If its sited pins to ride on the wave of a movie.. then bloody well market them as such. The only model we saw good marketing for was ACDC.. after that everyone went home and gave up!
Im not sure STERN knows its market at all, i think they lost touch years ago... came back with ACDC and then let it slip again.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #708 on: February 19, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
I thought both X Men and Avengers titles were marketed really well in Australia, and everywhere else going by all the tradeshows overseas that we saw plenty of machines being shown etc.

X Men variants sold well over 100 units in Australia so far, and Avengers has hit 50 units already with another container coming next month.

The next title being Star Trek is already being talked about so i thought Sterns marketing has already worked very well.
Lousy economy's generally speaking both here and in the USA, but sales have surged according to both Stern and most people in the Industry.

The reason the latest movie titles work really well, is that it is the latest n greatest subject/topic matter which everyone seems to recognise.
Resale is also a big factor here....history shows that movie titles have always sold very well. If it works, keep selling them that way.

It will be interesting to see how many non licenced, non movie themed pins sell down under. I reckon it would have to be something extremely special for me to buy a non licenced, non blockbuster style title. X Men was Marvel, licenced , but not a movie, the game was a ripper so i purchased, but thats a one off so far for BNIB.  Lets see whats on offer for 2013.....and if aussies buy non licenced, non movie themes in big numbers.....?

also, here is a video someone put on youtube, machine looks excellent 4 sure.  ^^^

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:16:51 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #709 on: February 19, 2013, 10:07:19 PM »
do these girls come with a new Avengers Pinball machine ??  !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #710 on: February 20, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »
I have only played the pro but after playing it I have no desire at all to play the LE.
Over the odds in price, play and enjoyment.
This game is a major let down, thanks gomez for taking a awesome theme and dropping a giant turd on it!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #712 on: February 20, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »
6.4k seems about right but it still wouldn't get me to buy one.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #713 on: February 21, 2013, 03:07:04 AM »
Pro Avengers Update AND Premium Avengers Update

I have sent a email to AMD and STERN and hope to have some information about the Premium ? version of Avengers, and if it is a go ahead, or not, and if it is a go ahead, when is the production likely to start etc, and what will that mean for Australian delivery times/dates etc.

Also, I am hoping to get a specific date from Bruce-AMD as to when the next batch of Avenger Pro models are coming, aproximate dates for the next Avengers container, and rough numbers of how many Pro's will be available.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #714 on: February 21, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
Bruce/AMD advises that the next available Avenger Pro stock arrives here in mid May......dam, have to wait now.
Only 5 Pros coming, thats what is coming til the next container comes in June.

Avengers Premium IS being made and stock will arrive here in Mid June !

Good news about the Premium model for Avengers.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #715 on: February 23, 2013, 12:53:50 AM »
Hopefully the new code will arrive soon to replace the abortion that was the last "power pack" update. #@#

With some luck there should be combo scoring involved with better mode stacking that doesn't make it so easy to reach danger room and have modes clashing all over the place and danger room more relevant to theme.

Deadpool?  is in the artwork and the menu....I sure hope this character makes an appearance in the game.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #717 on: February 23, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #718 on: February 23, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »
Perfect example of where pricing should be -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181081982691?nma=true&si=hRkKphX3%2Fv7mo9clIdATEFWAsdc%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true

Yep someone did well !

Someone paid what it should be sold for.
9k for a LE is robbery of the highest order.

Did they all sell at 9k. If customers are prepared to pay premium price for LE, someone will keep making.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #719 on: February 23, 2013, 12:39:50 PM »
Perfect example of where pricing should be -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181081982691?nma=true&si=hRkKphX3%2Fv7mo9clIdATEFWAsdc%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true

Yep someone did well !

Someone paid what it should be sold for.
9k for a LE is robbery of the highest order.

Did they all sell at 9k. If customers are prepared to pay premium price for LE, someone will keep making.

$8,950.

Will be interesting to see if the Aussie $ comes back to the $0.70-$0.75c level. Based on the above, these games would be over $12k in oz.