Author Topic: T2...To install a post between the flippers or not to install??  (Read 708 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I went to Bumper Action yesterday and they are out of the posts with a thread and nut only had the screw in type left. They are getting some in so shouldn't be long. I had a close look at the plug. It,s just like a long blue plastic nail goes right through and sticks out the bottom of the playfield so should be an easy proccess to remove, I just have to be carefull because the clearcoat is over the top of it so I will have to carefully cut around the head of it with a scapel or something similar to break the seal.
I have decided to go ahead with it for a couple of reasons the main being that in T2's case I think it will improve the play. Also I'm not drilling a hole in the playfield or doing something that is not factory and at the end of the day it would be a simple process to put the plug back in if I'm not happy with the result.
I tried to post a few pics but the glare from the clearcoat on a close up pic is too great.
Thanks for everyones input.
Tim

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Would have been interesting to see the plug, can you photograph it without the flash?

My T2 has the post and I think its a good thing to have. Its not a guarrantee of saving a ball everytime.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
Would have been interesting to see the plug, can you photograph it without the flash?

The pictures are a bit rough but youll get the idea..top view, underside and a bonus pic while I had my camera out #@#

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Thanks mate, wish the guy didn't clear over the plug, then your decision would be easier. I wouldn't remove it as the cap of the plug will be much larger than the post you will use.

something to think about before hitting it with a scapel  ^^^

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
Thanks mate, wish the guy didn't clear over the plug, then your decision would be easier. I wouldn't remove it as the cap of the plug will be much larger than the post you will use.

The pic may be deciving because I'm pretty certian the base of the post would be bigger than the cap that was something that I took into consideration early on. The head of the cap is very small.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

The pic may be deciving because I'm pretty certian the base of the post would be bigger than the cap that was something that I took into consideration early on. The head of the cap is very small.
Fair enough I thought it was the same as the plugs I had on my twilight zone near the pop bumpers. They were quite large and covered the actual post holes by a fair amount. Would like to see how you go with it in the future.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
I have been playing No Fear alot..... found a factory bung between the flippers, My NF is a sample pin tho,....
Any other NF pin owners want to check there pins? 

My T2 has a centre post,....    ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I have been playing No Fear alot..... found a factory bung between the flippers, My NF is a sample pin tho,....
Any other NF pin owners want to check there pins? 

My No Fear doesnt have anything between the flippers. It is a USA delivered machine.
My mate has a Euro delivered No Fear, it also has nothing, post wise between the flippers.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
I've had 2 NFs

One, early with post bung, 2nd regular production / no hole

Road show was the same way, posts on early games IIRC