Author Topic: *VIDEOS added -TOYOTA New Technology is Amazing ! 2012 Vehicles  (Read 5113 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Anyone interested in Big Business Corporate Control and the idea of electric cars should have a watch of a great doco called "Who Killed the Electric Car?" about the GM car that it also killed off - you can watch it on line here  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6437080948273722203 pretty interesting viewing. Having said that, the issue I mentioned above (how the electricity is made, which is for a large part burning coal anyway) has to be considered.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I watched that doco a few years ago and it is very interesting. it is blatant that the big oil companies and the govt stepped in and screwed the developement of the true electric car. Its a shame for the USA with its bad smog/polloution problem. Their big gas gussling cars use alot more fuel per 100klms than any other country in the world. I think Australia is mentioned in that doco several times as being one of the, if not the, best fuel per mile car makers on the planet.

Thats another reason why the new Toyota cars are so good, they never need electricity to run the battery they have on board because the car charges itself, which is why the 2012 vehicles are so smart and use so much less petrol than any other same sized car on the planet, very impressive.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
You guys still going at it.....Anyway, here's a few pics.

SC.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Where's Honda at with Fuel Cell technology? that would seem to be the real answer - running on hydrogen and making water as a by-product.

Toyota have come up with one really good car lately - the 86. Pity it's made (badges and all) by Subaru. I have BRZ No. 11 being delivered next week - sadly, I will continue to burn fossil fuel for the foreseeable future.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
I have BRZ No. 11 being delivered next week - sadly, I will continue to burn fossil fuel for the foreseeable future.

Awesome Nick.
Saw the Toyota tv commercial the other night - not a bad looking car.

The principle of Hybrids remind me of how our forefathers use to drive the family car back in the days - stop at the lights, put gear in N, then change back into gear LOL.
SC.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Take the bus.
 <.>
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
what happens when you are involved in a crash?? is there a chance in these electric cars you are just strapped to a giant electric chair?? how much power do these batteries pump out in a hybrid?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
what happens when you are involved in a crash?? is there a chance in these electric cars you are just strapped to a giant electric chair?? how much power do these batteries pump out in a hybrid?

Got to be better than sitting on a tank of combustable fuel?

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
The Sanyo batteries will go pop!
SC.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I have BRZ No. 11 being delivered next week - sadly, I will continue to burn fossil fuel for the foreseeable future.

Awesome Nick.
Saw the Toyota tv commercial the other night - not a bad looking car.

Toyota got them first, so have started deliveries, and Subaru who made them had to wait a month - go figure?  !@#
I sat in the Toyota badged version on Saturday, was a bit worried my big feet would not fit the footwell, but plenty of room.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
I do like the Toyota Hilux commercial.

I can see Brett having withdrawal symptons, once his pinnies are gone.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:16:39 PM by Prince »
SC.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:

Got to be better than sitting on a tank of combustable fuel?
dont hybrids have fuel also??

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
What about the cost to the envoironment with regard to mining the 'heavy metals' used in the battery technology.?

Any 'feel good' offset that you have by owning a green car is in total contradiction to the cost of resources used the make the damn thing.  And then when they fail..?  Can all this shit be recycled..?  probably not.  Its a double edged sword and only serves to make to make the armchair greenies feel better about themselves.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
go back a few posts where i mention making 1 x small battery doesnt outweigh saving/burning thousands of litres of fuel per annum.

i would have thought more people would have approached this new technology with more openess.  its amazing at how many people come up with percieved negatives rather than just accepting/welcoming/investigating new and solid technology.   i wonder if the i.pad trials had so much resistence. ? its probably just human nature. some of us look for reasons for things to succeed and others look for reasons to fail.  thank god for engineers who never give up.lol

heres a review site, i havent read it all yet, but its something new

http://www.motoring.com.au/news-reviews-advice/results.aspx?N=2981+4294961108

type in toyota prius V in the search box, or any other car u might want to look for

I also searched 2012 toyota camry hybrid as well.  all good reading.

Prince, yes matey, that is a excellent advert for toyota hilux.. really cool add for sure.  thanks for listing it. i love it everytime i see it. its a man thing cause we all really do love our cars.   they ara a great model as well. pretty bulletproof and a huge seller all round australia.  oneday i will do a round australia trip and that vehicle - hilux would be perfect for every condition.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:56:26 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:

video link answers the question about car doing 50 klms per hour on battery only etc.

http://www.motoring.com.au/videos/2012/mpv-and-campervan/hybrid-family-grows-with-prius-v-30731

or

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:10:32 PM by Caveoftreasures »