Author Topic: What did i pick up today?????  (Read 6905 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: What did i pick up today?????
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
Gavin, send me your postal address and I will send you the original flyer for this machine?
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
Gavin, send me your postal address and I will send you the original flyer for this machine?

For real?? Wow.. thank you Dean.. Are you sure mate?

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 01:44:19 PM »
Nice work mate, looks like a great game  *%*

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 10:41:44 PM »
Is this the one you found on your B-day a few weeks ago, or just one the same??? what year is this one made??

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »
its the one i found on my birthday.. i rang the operator and bought it from him.
Date of manufacture is 2003.

Game is a real hit with the family.. wife hates pinball but loves this game and small kids think its a blast.

Ill do a thread on inside the game and how it works.. some of it is quite suprising

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 12:30:47 AM »
its the one i found on my birthday.. i rang the operator and bought it from him.
Date of manufacture is 2003.

Game is a real hit with the family.. wife hates pinball but loves this game and small kids think its a blast.

Ill do a thread on inside the game and how it works.. some of it is quite suprising

wow thats an awesome story. so you just rang the guy and said "hey i like the machine i want it"? lol did he say if it did any good at the arcade or not?? i honestly would have thought that machine would do well, especially it being a redemption machine, and looking that cool. wanna put it in my shop ??? ahahaha lol
fantastic mate, does the company still make these machines?? who is the manufacturer?

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 02:41:35 AM »
LOL- its an operator.. all games are for sale if you can reach the right price.
He did ask me how much i was willing to offer, my answer was as little as possible but youll want to sell for as much as possible.. in the middle is a deal so lets talk..

and talk we did.

Game is still made by Coin Opexpress for US$3500 but by email they said i could have a new one for US$3300. it was originally comissioned by Benchmark Games. This comission has run out and Benchmark dont have any... their original price was US$6500. You can always rely on the Chinese and Koreans to not stick to a deal and continue to manufacture.. they do not recognise any copyright and very rarely cease production just because you only wanted 800 of something on the market.. game is still in production

Coin counter says the machine has had some 1500 coins in it, so it took $3000 on site in the year he had it on site.. game was reset some 12 months back.
redemption trash has been taken out.. i didnt want it and ive set it to free play.
When i went to the shed he had a minty looking KISS machine.. 100% original that he has had offsite for over 20 years, a Party Zone, Star Wars 1 and a South Park.. they were the only pinballs they had... everything else is coin pushers, smack em redemption etc.
But as i left he did say that if ever i saw a machine in one of his arcades that caught my eye to just ring him... they are all for sale and hed be willing to do straight swaps for other machines.

Operators are pretty cool to deal with.. they dont get emotionally attached to machines like we do.. its all business and they are there to purely make money.. work horses of the trade.
They will sell any machine if the $$$'s are right

Now funnily enough, after i bought this, i found the original 57 machine for sale for US3600... not working  and in need of restoration./... a working model restored was US$7000.
It is claimed to be one of the best bowlers ever made.. and it is, but its not the best and most desirable bowler.
This king of the pile title belongs to the EVANS model ( any EVANS machine will cost you BIG $$'s). the Evans Ten Strike is the best ever made.... i searched a few years back for one of these and turned one up in  the US.. there are only approx 12 still in existance and IF i wanted it then i had to offer at least US$45000.. even then, the guy wanted 4 weeks to think about it and he wasnt sure he wanted to sell at all... but get this.. he had 2 of them!

LOL.. i dont have $45000... i dont have $3600 + shipping to throw at a project ( molded plexi is US$850).. but i do have  a few machines i could let go for the repro version. Once i take those bloody awful green, blue and red LEDs out and replace with a warm white ill be happy.
Order is with Greg at RTBB and already shipped.. so thanks Greg for the 110% service and next week it wont be so bloody garish!

The BEAUTIFUL Evans model is here..

http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/e10strk.htm
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:46:57 AM by Retropin »

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 06:35:59 AM »
What beautiful looking machines they were.   *%* With so few still in existence I've obviously never seen ones like them before. it looks as though they commissioned Banksy for the cabinet art work too! Lol 

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 11:14:04 AM »

Awesome story Gav. Well done on your new toy !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »
Great story Gav . Thanks for the writeup and the link to the Evans machines  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »
+ 1 great story gav, never played a bowler game, very cool machine.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 07:21:49 PM »

The BEAUTIFUL Evans model is here..

http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/e10strk.htm

They are beautiful machines, look like top quality wood work and fittings