Author Topic: Thanks RTBB  (Read 806 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Thanks RTBB
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
doing a pf swap and broke a post. Got onto RTBB and ordered that night, got postage quote that night, paid that night, posted next morning and received next day. Got me out of trouble in that the swap wasn't delayed.

Great parts, good prices, great service.

Prices should be a little cheaper than they are seeing you have to deal with the narky owner of the business but 'hey its only pinball'. Just kidding Greg is a good guy eventhough he keeps threatening to belt me over the head with a hammer  *!@
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Thanks RTBB
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »
His postage is super quick and service is fast that's for sure @@* narky people in pinball never  #@# :lol

Peter

Offline mickthepin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:40:53 PM »
Haven't been in this hobby as long as you guys, but all I have got from Greg is great service. I feel like I know him and I have never even met him. The dialogue I have had with him vire e-mail even many months apart made me feel (weather reality or not) that he remembered exactly who I was and gave a f**k as to what I wanted as a customer.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 12:31:17 AM »
Well glad you got 5 star service because last attempt I tried at buying a Taxi pinball ramp I got no response after 10 phone calls leaving messages and going onsite sending emails etc over 4 weeks? Obviously I wasn't a valued enough customer and ignorantly ignored ????

Don't know why as Im a repeat customer , But you know what I just buy my parts from overseas now where I'm valued and don't get jerked around. Funny thing is the guy is supposed to be a mate who ive had over to my place and organized a machine for etc etc?? Political hobby at times, Those that know me know I'm open/honest and genuine but can't stand pretenders that are out there simple as that ........ Enough said  ^&^

Interesting.

Taxi ramps are not a product listed on the RTBB website. A quick check of the producer of the ramp (PinballInc) in the USA and the ramp is listed as "out of stock". So I assume you successfully purchase the ramp "overseas" ?

"Supposed to be a mate" - Sounds like something a little deeper than a ramp. Poor form bringing it up on a forum where Greg is one of the most respected members and his track record is incomparable.

RTBB is the ONLY Australian parts supplier I will deal with. Never EVER had a problem.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 01:35:53 AM »
Same here.. 110% from Greg at all times.. cant fault him

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »
Same here.. 110% from Greg at all times.. cant fault him

+1

Actually, I do have a problem with Greg.  How do you get a word in on the phone and then how do you get him off the phone?  I got in trouble once for the length of a phone call on the work mobile......just a tad over an hour.  Haha
Addicted to pins.

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 10:00:11 AM »
Well glad you got 5 star service because last attempt I tried at buying a Taxi pinball ramp I got no response after 10 phone calls leaving messages and going onsite sending emails etc over 4 weeks? Obviously I wasn't a valued enough customer and ignorantly ignored ????

Don't know why as Im a repeat customer , But you know what I just buy my parts from overseas now where I'm valued and don't get jerked around. Funny thing is the guy is supposed to be a mate who ive had over to my place and organized a machine for etc etc?? Political hobby at times, Those that know me know I'm open/honest and genuine but can't stand pretenders that are out there simple as that ........ Enough said  ^&^
Friends and business dont always mix........unfortunately,I now just take the other option and buy overseas from people I dont know. good service without the bullshit. ::)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »
My experience with RTBB has always been great service, fast delivery and good product!  ^^^
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »

Never anything but "go that one more step" service for me.

I love it when business people take a position in regards certain customers and refuse to deal (even at the cost of profit). Shows real character.  ^^^
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
My experience with RTBB has always been great service, fast delivery and good product!  ^^^

That's been my experience also. Super quick delivery and good product. I've only spoken with Greg once on the  phone when I called to see If he could put together a bag of common DE games screws. This obviously wasn't listed on his site as such but he was happy to do it for me and they turned up in the mail two days later. Can't ask for more than that.  ^^^

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »
Gotta love the little extras he throws in from time to time as well......particularly the cigarette smoke.   *)*   $#$

I think we forget sometimes as well that Greg runs his business by himself more as a hobby.  For me his place in the spare parts business is greatly appreciated.  I would hate to think how much some items would cost without his competitive prices keeping some others suppliers honest.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 11:08:19 AM »
Always get great service from RTBB.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 11:28:54 AM »
Typically, the negative (and personal) comments come from competitors, or "friends" of competitors. Pathetic, really.

Those of us that know Greg well know that the Business side of his venture does not affect friendships. A great guy either talking pinball or other subjects. Always has the time to help and frequently gives extras with his orders. He is also one of the original Sponsors of Aussie Pinball, and we mods take note of posts that are negative towards Sponsors very seriously.

Greg has ALWAYS been honest and generous. In this Industry, that is a rare commodity.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »
Great service from RTBB, great communication & super speedy service.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »
 $#$
Great service from RTBB, great communication & super speedy service.

Yep, the only time you dont hear from him promptly is if he has some one Riding the Boney Beast   :lol
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock