Author Topic: 2 x NEW Additions .LOL  (Read 2567 times)

Offline roundball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
Re: 2 x NEW Additions .LOL
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »
Nice dogs. One of my favourite breeds.

Typically American Staffys are taller and English Staffys are wider.  My Staffy is VERY wide, like a barrel.  :)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 02:35:13 PM »
Thanks Roundball. Yeh, these dogs are solid for sure. Never seen dogs eat so much food, so often. I will have to walk them alot when they get bigger so we all dont blow up.lol     For small muscley dogs, they sure run bloody quick.   Had a bloke over this morn from the Harley bike shop and his staffy rides on his Harley bike tank and wears sunglasses. very cool.   Next time i will take a photo.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »
I thought those dogs were illegal in qld?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »
I only deal in legal.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »
I only deal in legal.

Rightio....pretty sure they are on the banned list...I will check.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 09:47:20 PM »
I only deal in legal.

Rightio....pretty sure they are on the banned list...I will check.

Daz, American Staffordshire are not illegal. Recognised pure breed and shown in all states of Australia.

The only problem some owners can face involves uneducated/untrained local council rangers who mistake them for pitbulls. It can and does happen.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:49:09 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 09:51:23 PM »
Fair enough mate, thanks for the info.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 09:52:03 PM »
Nice dogs. One of my favourite breeds.

Typically American Staffys are taller and English Staffys are wider.  My Staffy is VERY wide, like a barrel.  :)

exactly right, American ones are taller and leaner and the English more block shaped

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 12:22:32 AM »
Biggest problems with staffies in the west of melb is they go missing very fast. Seems there's a big enough market for stolen dogs. I actually took my German shepard out one night and he likes to run ahead and a car saw him but not me and stopped. They tried to call him over but he's smarter that most of the DH's here and once they saw me they took off real quick. I know one person had their taken from the back yard while at work. So just watch out if you can.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:24:07 AM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 07:45:25 AM »
^^  Yes, an unfortunate thing indeed. Was happening in Brisbane, and probably still does.  They are stolen for baiting pitbulls (dog fighting) and other fighting dogs as a Staffy won't back down until its as good as dead.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »
Are these sorts of dogs OK around young kids? from just what I've seen on TV they can get real aggressive at times? I'm no dog expert but just wondered. Well done on the new additions Brett.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »
I bought puppies so they grew up around the kids. I would have been nervous buying fully grown staffys around the kids that i hadnt known from birth so to speak.

Staffys trained properly shld remain very mellow unless provoked. The parents of these 2 x dogs were very placid, so hopefully mine stay that way as well.

The little buggers have driven me nuts this arvo because the kids are at dancing and i have been to the doctors and they now want attention.

Just had to give them the worming tablets with their dinner, and they have doubled in size over the last few weeks. Very energetic and driving me nuts. Hurry up kids n get home n give Dad a break for a while. (the kids dont get pocket money unless they clean up the doggy doo doo, its a bad job and i am to old n lazy to do that either.lol) When the kids whinge about it, i say remember your pocket money depends on dad not stepping in crap when i go out the backyard to the BBQ ! they soon realise, no pick up doggy doo doo means no late night thursday shopping night with their girly friends down at Westfield etc).  Ahh, pocket money and dog crap, they certainly fit together nicely. !  *)*

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 08:45:58 PM »
Dogs aren't born aggressive, they're taught aggression. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. Simple but true.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 10:05:43 PM »
Dogs aren't born aggressive, they're taught aggression. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. Simple but true.
+1 just a thought when reading the posts, I read the dogs had a toy bear they ripped apart. Bears/kids look pretty much the same to dogs, so keep the toys simple like balls. They might not eat your kids as they may become part of the pack but others could be in trouble if they get that prey drive going with animal looking toys especially if you play fight with the toys and dogs. Even aggressive play is how a dog learns how to attack etc. I've had only German shepherds and know how to make pussy cats or killers out of them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:14:25 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline mickthepin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:43 PM »
Cool dogs dude. Your a nice guy, and dogs reflect their owners so sure your dogs will be sound as a pound. ^^^