Author Topic: Stencil availability  (Read 3887 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stencil availability
« on: August 05, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »
I take it perfect SQUARE is taking a photo straight on.

The illustrator can be separated in it's colours including overlaps like how they were done in the day.

What file type do you need to lessen the work.

yes.. absolutely straight on.

Problem with most graphic tools when making files is that you work in layers... this is no good for stencils.
First colour to go down will normally be the lightest ( not always the case though)... this colour file is done in whole shapes by drawing using Bezier tool in Corel. Once all shapes are made, this is then locked as a file withing the outline of the cabinet etc.
My next file has a very slight overlap to the first where the colours meet and is made over the original file.. all shapes must be made as 1 unit. Once this is made.. the original locked file is moved out and we can lock our new work.
If you have hidden layers then when it comes to CUT, the plotter recognises these and cuts them... Ok for print but not a vector cut.

Good solid images make the work less... if you can supply pdf, jpeg etc of your Illustrator images then i can redraw from those as it is after all a perfectly flat 2D image.

If taking a photo then its best to put a camera ( not Iphone of possible as its too difficult to not angle up or down) on a box and take the picture then... the image shouldnt be skewed up/ down/ back/ forward then.
Makes life VERY difficult adjusting to skewing.. in fact its a bloody nightmare!