Author Topic: Your Thoughts On What A Six million Dollar Man Machine Is Worth?  (Read 942 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Guys,

I had a look at a 6MDM today and would like to get your thoughts on what is a fair price for one at the moment.

Cabinet was probably an 8/10 but the front R/H corner has parted.  No rust.  Relatively minor playfield wear - mainly around inserts.  Plastics were good.  Badly needs shopping out.  2 x displays were all over the shop.  Had no sound until I re-seated the connectors.  Backglass had a few scratches but no peeling or flaking.  Coin door was very good.  Bottom edges of cabinet had pieces of ply hanging down here and there.  Boards were clean and un-hacked but original and would need re-building.

So what do you think it is worth?  I know it is worth as much as the buyer is willing to pay for it but what would you think was a good buy?

(Yes it is the one currently on eBay)
Addicted to pins.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
$6,000,000
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
$6,000,000

:D :D :D :D

Its a hard one to estimate.....Pinpedia is not very reliable these days as sooo many of the machines on ebay (which feed the results) are just shills and sell over and over all day long

That one looks in fairly good shape, I would think between $1200 to $1600 tops would be fair money for all parties.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
I had $1500-1700 in my head, well I would be comfortable paying that but he won't drop that low.   !@)
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
"a one owner machine"  %.% That's a new one. It has had ONE "private" owner since it was operated for 30 years.

Reconditioned 8/10 would be worth $1600. Backglass is important as they commonly flaked. Check for playfield wear in front of the slings, and for some reason, this title suffered with planking - so check that as well. Make sure the "up post" mech is intact (under the playfield between the flippers). Displays are an easy fix if they are not worn out.

A very cool machine.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
A pretty cool game, mine is a keeper always  *%* *%* *%*

i've never seen a bad bg on one of this title, bg on mine is nearly perfect.. i say nearly as it has only has one tiny chip out of it in the blue at the top, the rest of the glass is flawless, and i've had mine for 20 years. I also USED TO have a spare bg for this game.. it too was in awesome nick and it got smashed, AND i only paid $20 for the glass  !!!

Paid $100 for mine not working all those years ago, and IF i ever decided to sell, wouldnt let it go for less than $1500  *.* *.* (its been fully restored).

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Submit an offer to see what the seller will accept.

If he doesn't accept your offer, then it's clearly not worth more than your offer to buy it.

my 2cents...