Author Topic: Replacement Translite advice  (Read 233 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Replacement Translite advice
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »
 Hi all,

I'm considering buying a translite from Classic Arcades in the US and wondered if anyone else had brought one from them? If so, are you happy with it?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230828750964?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Replacement Translite advice
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »
I have purchased replacement translites from these guys before and they are of excellent quality and u could not tell it was a replacement, it just looked like a brand new original. The same goes with their cabinet decals etc, all very high end and the best quality.

I dont think u can go wrong with these guys products at all. Always excellent service and shipping as well.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:28:52 PM »
I have purchased replacement translites from these guys before and they are of excellent quality and u could not tell it was a replacement, it just looked like a brand new original. The same goes with their cabinet decals etc, all very high end and the best quality.

I dont think u can go wrong with these guys products at all. Always excellent service and shipping as well.  ^^^

Excellent! Just what I was hoping to hear, thanks Cavey  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 02:01:42 PM »
Jeff Mcafee has a varied reputation, mostly good but I have seen complaints from time to time about the quality  (but this was a few years back, not seen any recently, might be because printer technology has improved??) and communication. 

If you use ebay, and pay with paypal if there's an issue you can open a case etc (and make sure you do it before any cut off date).
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline humpalot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 03:21:30 PM »
I've got one of those, yours for $100 posted.  They are a little on the dark side compared to the original.   %$%

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 03:29:20 PM »
I've got one of those, yours for $100 posted.  They are a little on the dark side compared to the original.   %$%

Jeff Mcafee has a varied reputation, mostly good but I have seen complaints from time to time about the quality  (but this was a few years back, not seen any recently, might be because printer technology has improved??) and communication. 

If you use ebay, and pay with paypal if there's an issue you can open a case etc (and make sure you do it before any cut off date).

Thanks for the feed back. Do you know how they got around the licencing issues which seem to be the problem with reproducing the cabinet art for this title?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 04:32:57 PM »
Like everyone else, if they get a batch of people wanting something, they print it etc. If there is enough people wanting cabinet decals, they will print them as well.  If u need something , u need something. Who cares about the so called licence issues from companies that have been dead for 20 plus years. If i need something, i just buy it. If its for sale, its for sale. Let the seller worry about his obligations. I say just worry about what your machine needs etc.   I have been buying stuff off them for over 3 years and never had a issue. They always answer emails within 24 hrs and the posatge was cheap n lightning fast.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:36:15 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
Like everyone else, if they get a batch of people wanting something, they print it etc. If there is enough people wanting cabinet decals, they will print them as well.  If u need something , u need something. Who cares about the so called licence issues from companies that have been dead for 20 plus years. If i need something, i just buy it. If its for sale, its for sale. Let the seller worry about his obligations. I say just worry about what your machine needs etc.   I have been buying stuff off them for over 3 years and never had a issue. They always answer emails within 24 hrs and the posatge was cheap n lightning fast.

Agreed, I've no problem with buying licensed product of them. I'm just hoping they may also do cabinet decals, if so I'd buy them too!  *%*

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Before buying, has anyone purchased one from Mr pinball (the new tech stuff). I was thinking of getting a TZ or FH one. These may do the trick for you and save on postage assuming he has the star wars one of course
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 11:09:24 PM »

Thanks for the advice Humpalot  ^^^ got it for $100 posted  $#$