Author Topic: my thoughts on ACDC pinball  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
my thoughts on ACDC pinball
« on: August 24, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »
I have been wanting to play this game for a long time now.
it looked great and was very interested by it, im not a acdc fan boy, but im not a hater either but the theme is not a problem.
Ok finally got to play one for the first time. i will start by saying i am not that good at playing pinball, lol but i enjoy it so much as many of you do. I like the magic of wondering how it all works and where will the ball go and come from. this game didnt have any of that wonder.

the game looked great in the pictures i have seen hence my excitement for finally getting around to playing one, and first glance the machine looked great in real life.
I liked the old worn look about it and it fits the theme very well,
but the look starts to change when you start to play it,
it feels cheap, and then it starts to feel very one dimentional.
the sound is great, most of the time the dmd is pretty cool, but in saying that the match sequence looks crap.
the game really didn't have any thing to rav about. it was just down right boring. played my $20 of credit and walked away feeling i never want to pay that machine again.
i thought the cannon would be fun but it wasn't. the cannon was annoying it was in the way of game play, and it looked cool untill you played it and wished it wasnt there.
the game looks good,but feels cheap and is boring as hell.
usually i would be upset when a machine drains lol especially when paying to play, i wasn't on this machine i wanted walk away after the first 3 games, but i had a prepaid card to get rid of. after a few games i gave up bothering playing, and just swiped till my credits were gone. there was no mystery to this game it didnt have that sort of feel you get from paying better layed out sys11s or dmd's.
another positive was the bell, i really loved the bell.
t
I was disapointed by this machine and its hype, it was besides nice looking just Boring and i couldn't get into it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:01:03 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: my thoughts on ACDC pinball
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
"boring as hell" geez sure you weren't playing the toy machine from k-mart? Why'd you keep playing surely you could have used it on another game ?

Peter
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:47:49 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »
"boring as hell" geez sure you weren't playing the toy machine from k-mart?

Peter

if i was im sure it would have been better fun. if there was another pinball i would have played it. but i loaded the card for pinball not for a shooting game or what ever other games were there, so may as well give the pinball the credits that i had already spent.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:50:13 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »
Was this a premium with the lower playfield or the pro without?

mine hasnt been turned on in months lol.   Will be installing mirror blades soon might turn it on for photos but probably wont have a game

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »

mine hasnt been turned on in months lol.   Will be installing mirror blades soon might turn it on for photos but probably wont have a game

was a pro, i highly doubt the lower playfield would have made this game any more enjoyable. there was no real action to this machine imo. it was mind numbingly boring, to the point you just fase out during the game,lol.
the looks of the machine suit the theme great, no issues there.

there have been some really awesome pinball machine built, this cant be rated as one of them
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:09:27 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »

mine hasnt been turned on in months lol.   Will be installing mirror blades soon might turn it on for photos but probably wont have a game

was a pro, i highly doubt the lower playfield would have made this game any more enjoyable. there was no real action to this machine imo. it was mind numbingly boring, to the point you just fase out during the game,lol.

there have been some really awesome pinball machine built, this cant be rated as one of them

I reckon you should have a game on a PREMIUM or LE before you completely write the machine off.  I have played both and although the PRO was OK, the PREMIUM was a much better game, more to do and certainly has depth.

Bit like driving a standard Falcon cab pack vs a XR8GT.... #@#

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »

I reckon you should have a game on a PREMIUM or LE before you completely write the machine off.  I have played both and although the PRO was OK, the PREMIUM was a much better game, more to do and certainly has depth.

Bit like driving a standard Falcon cab pack vs a XR8GT.... #@#

if i get a chance at playing an LE ill post my thoughts on that, ill try and view it as two different machines but certainly i am willing to say the pro was very dull. and what it was missing i cant put my finger on, but it was missing something, and the area seemed to be up the rear of the playfield, i hated that after the pop bumpers smaking the ball around it get disrupted and doesnt get thrown around back at you, the ball just trickles through the gate and ruins the pace.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:24:46 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »
interesting feedback, would have been relavent four months ago  #@#

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »

I doubt it, i didnt play it four months ago.  #@#

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »
oh well, you dont like it, fair enough, plenty more pins out there

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »
ACDC.. the game no one is allowed NOT to like

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »
luke sites a premium around the pubs in the Newcastle, and he was surprised that it is not as good a earner as what it was hyped for.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
I don't know which model is which but I played the entry level one and thought that it was ok (probably more to do with the music than the game play) then a month later I played the top of the line one with all the bells and whistles and loved it.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:12 PM »

Bit suss really

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason