Author Topic: my thoughts on ACDC pinball  (Read 1958 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: my thoughts on ACDC pinball
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 01:19:21 AM »
I dont give a shit what all the naysayers think of ac dc!

Its a Stern steve richie  classic

To give an honest opinion you need to turn the volume up over 40 & have more than 10  games on it

No way is this pin boring

:D

Nice sensible comment great to hear, "boring oh Please"

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 01:35:54 AM »

Its a Stern steve richie  classic

To give an honest opinion you need to turn the volume up over 40 & have more than 10  games on it

Peter

oh sorry man next time ill have to remember to run around kissing your ass and agreeing with your opinions.
your not only a f**ken douch mate, but your a f**ken arrogant one. glad your the one who sank $10grand into a boring and a very average machine not me.
i guess this is why you are pissed off.  !!@
you could get more enjoyment from a $1500 machine than that pile

All that is happening here is talking up a machine that really isn't that good.
these are my thoughts, you can start a thread on how fantastic this machine is if you like.
we can start cutting out the variety of opinions, just so we dont hurt your feelings. I pointed out what i thought was good about it and i pointed out what i thought was wrong with it. it looks great, sounds great but ITS f**kEN BORING,

you want to start playing the player ill play back
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:52:38 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 02:08:56 AM »
LOL...

You can dislike a TAF and your comments are fair game
Dislike TZ and its fair game
Dislike Paragon.. not  a problem
Dislike ACDC and it all gets personal.
I havent played the machine yet and so reserve opinion, but with pages and pages of how good this game is going to be and how good this is once arrived etc from those that bought it and all the speculation and hype.. and then the " im fed up with people continually knocking this machine" statements ( which if you count the accolades to the knocking.. it doesnt really register).
Olivia jason gave a personal opinion on actually playing the machine.. like it or not.. its an honest opinion... no hype... no bull.
You can post an opinion on this forum on any game you like and its all taken onboard and its all good... but knock a mans ACDC and it all falls apart.
Basically fellas.. if you are going to post 50, 60+ pages on how good a game is going TO BE  and then how good it is to get it despite the delivered faults etc etc etc... then expect a few posts from those that just dont see the attraction.
I dont like Stern games.. thats my opinion.. cheap nasty shit with wobbly toys, poor graphics and boring game play ( BTDK.. only machine ive walked away from due to not being able to lose a ball).. but i reserve opinion on ACDC as i havent played it yet. But i would like to think that when i do play it.. whether i like it or not, i should be allowed to share my opinion... after all.. the lovers of this have certainly been allowed to shout theirs.

All part of a forum guys.. and its only pinball. A personal relationship between you and a silver ball and we are here to share all of that... ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 02:25:20 AM »
To true it's only pinball no need to get personal and start throwing insults I won't stoop that low. 

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2012, 02:27:07 AM »
well then ill apologize for my last comments, gorgar.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:28:52 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 03:48:20 AM »
No one likes to spend $6,500 or $10,000 and get told that there game is crap, lame, hyped or boring or whatever, but everyone is going to have their own opinion. That is fine, but being honest, it will never be a popular opinion, but if u are brave enough to bag a popular machine you just have to understand some people will get a bit upset. (like the ugly wife comment i mentioned before). lol    Sometimes it might be best to say you didnt like a game, and leave it at that versus using some words like hype or lame which some owners will fefinately find offensive. Just my opinion here.lol

Also, I know a few up here, who i think really wanted to buy one - a AC/DC, they couldnt afford it, then bagged it versus saying I wish i could have bought one. Someone i know personally bags it all the time, but he finally told me the other day, he just cant afford one, so he bagged it instead of saying he cant afford it. Thats human nature, what are u going to do.lol
Not liking a AC/DC pinny with so many AC/DC owners is like going to a car meeting of guys who all have the same car and saying I dont like this car at all. The people listening are going to hear you, but no one will offer you a coffee, or back for a BBQ.lol    Thats just human nature.

Someone mentioned Circus Voltaire which I really like, but I would take a AC/DC Pro over that title cause I like the speed of AC/DC. I love everything about Circus V so I totally see why its a very liked pinball. Scared stiff I didnt enjoy, it was just too simple and it wasnt as fast as I had hoped, but saying that, i only played it for an hour, and the price at $7,000 at the time put me off a bit.   So i cant really say that Scared Stiff isnt a great game, cause I didnt honestly give it enough time to really jump up with any real effort, cause I would honestly have to play it more.

The main thing about playing pinball is having all different stuff to enjoy n share, everyone likes that, but unfortunately, the people who dislike AC/DC are few n far between, hence the thread becoming animated.   I bet if I put a AC/DC into anyones house for a month, they would probably not want to give it back. * It might take a while, but like all machines, u warm to them the more u play them in your own home environment.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 03:51:32 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2012, 04:25:43 AM »
Out of curiosity,Jason,  have you played many other modern Sterns?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2012, 04:56:32 AM »
I also think that the pro is a crap game and highly over-rated and is one of SR's worst pins, everyone here knows that.
The Premium is better but is not the the holy grail/ 2nd comming of pinball that some claim it is.
It may well be the best Stern seller ever but that doesn't mean shit to me if the game is ordinary and yes I have had way more than 10 games on it with the volume turned up.
Sometimes you just are not allowed to dislike a game, the faithfull just can't stand it.
I couldn't care less if someone says the pins I like are shit, means absolutely nothing to me and would never stop me associating with someone because of a difference in opinion of a bloody pinball machine.
But I am glad that the people who shelled out for it are stoked with it, that's all that matters and kudos to them.
Just enjoy the games you like and if you don't like someone elses opinion on whatever game for whatever reason well thats just too bad, build a bridge and get over it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:14:54 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2012, 06:39:10 AM »
WELCOME TO HELL IN A BOX!    !*!

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2012, 08:08:48 AM »
I can't stand those card swiping gizmos - give me a coin anyday.
SC.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2012, 08:39:14 AM »
Mine is a love and hate relationship with BIBLE. That is what I like about this and all other Steve Ritchie machines. They can throw crap and insult at you and the fair dinkum players will ask why/what/how and come back for more torture and try and beat the beast.
If I ONLY loved or ONLY hated everything about AC/DC I would be bored and would sell my pinnny quick smart. I do not see too many examples of the thousands sold on the second hand market. This would certainly rate as a KEEPER in anyone's collection.
This title is not boring and reading all other international posts, most people who have played the machine agree.
I look forward for the software upgrade from Lyman Sheats and the new challenges from "the box from hell".
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2012, 08:47:02 AM »
I can't stand those card swiping gizmos - give me a coin anyday.

+1   I always end up with some odd amount left on the card

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2012, 09:00:52 AM »
Yeah my box from hell is a keeper for me

Lets just see how many of these will be traded 2nd hand in the future!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »

Its a Stern steve richie  classic

To give an honest opinion you need to turn the volume up over 40 & have more than 10  games on it

Peter

oh sorry man next time ill have to remember to run around kissing your ass and agreeing with your opinions.
your not only a f**ken douch mate, but your a f**ken arrogant one. glad your the one who sank $10grand into a boring and a very average machine not me.
i guess this is why you are pissed off.  !!@
you could get more enjoyment from a $1500 machine than that pile

All that is happening here is talking up a machine that really isn't that good.
these are my thoughts, you can start a thread on how fantastic this machine is if you like.
we can start cutting out the variety of opinions, just so
we dont hurt your feelings. I pointed out what i though

t was good about it and i pointed out what i thought was wrong with it. it looks great, sounds great but ITS f**kEN BORING,

you want to start playing the player ill play back

Sorry if my post offended Jason

We all have our opinions on this title, some like it some hate it, such is life...

Its only pinball afterall!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
Also, I know a few up here, who i think really wanted to buy one - a AC/DC, they couldnt afford it,then bagged it versus saying I wish i could have bought one. Someone i know personally bags it all the time, but he finally told me the other day, he just cant afford one, so he bagged it instead of saying he cant afford it.

come out and say this stuff rather than make that snide suggestions ,
if i wanted this machine i would buy it, that is ridiculous and
that is the lamest defense and is utterly piss poor , bringing that old chest nut "if you dont like it then thats because you cant afford it"

how hard is it to think THAT MAYBE JUST MAYBE  *!@ some one didnt like the machine?.

your better than that, ive had plenty of good honest debates with you cavey, none on a heated thread, but that comment was uncalled for. and school yard bs, we are not comparing dicksizes or waging around our bank statements here we are talking about a pinball opinion.
but if you want to go around making those comments ill play.
your the one who says he runs his business on debt. ^&^
If you remember i said i dont. ^^^

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:51:40 AM by Olivia_jason »