Author Topic: my thoughts on ACDC pinball  (Read 1957 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: my thoughts on ACDC pinball
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2012, 11:59:50 AM »
I can't stand those card swiping gizmos - give me a coin anyday.

Couldn't agree more they piss me off it's just not the same

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2012, 12:11:27 PM »
I can't stand those card swiping gizmos - give me a coin anyday.

Couldn't agree more they piss me off it's just not the same

Peter

you know what i found with these things, the games are always odd numbers now. like a $1.45 a game, or $1.96. you buy cards in dollar increments you will almost always be left with an odd amount on the card.

I agree they are a pain, but on the defence of the arcade, the acdc machine was $1.45 a game, so say 1.50. thats not a bad price for 5 ball game
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:14:37 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »
Quote from: Prince on Today at 07:38:48 AMI can't stand those card swiping gizmos - give me a coin anyday.Couldn't agree more they piss me off it's just not the samePeter
+1
A few times I came up to a machine at the bowling alleys with a few loose coins in pocket and walked away disgusted at the stupid card reader. Call me old fashioned but I reckon the industry has lost money from the old fashioned and casual players.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
Out of curiosity,Jason,  have you played many other modern Sterns?

Not many pete, there isnt really many pinballs around my area, hence why it has taken me a good amount of time to play an ac/dc. i was really looking forward to that. Another pin i really want to play is tron. i haven't been able to get a chance at playing one as yet. the colors look fantastic. ive had a few goes on a couple of sterns that were sitting around pinball shed when i ever i go up there for a look, as i do with other brands he may have at the time. but my stern experience isn't extensive no. I'm not writing off stern i do need to play more of their titles.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »
Also, I know a few up here, who i think really wanted to buy one - a AC/DC, they couldnt afford it,then bagged it versus saying I wish i could have bought one. Someone i know personally bags it all the time, but he finally told me the other day, he just cant afford one, so he bagged it instead of saying he cant afford it.

come out and say this stuff rather than make that snide suggestions ,
if i wanted this machine i would buy it, that is ridiculous and
that is the lamest defense and is utterly piss poor , bringing that old chest nut "if you dont like it then thats because you cant afford it"

how hard is it to think THAT MAYBE JUST MAYBE  *!@ some one didnt like the machine?.

your better than that, ive had plenty of good honest debates with you cavey, none on a heated thread, but that comment was uncalled for. and school yard bs, we are not comparing dicksizes or waging around our bank statements here we are talking about a pinball opinion.
but if you want to go around making those comments ill play.
your the one who says he runs his business on debt. ^&^
If you remember i said i dont. ^^^

My reply.
Olivia jason, You have it totally incorrect on a few points. I wasnt referring to you at all. If u re-read what i said, i said i personally know the person who said he doesnt like it/cant afford it etc, so that leaves u out completely cause i have never met you so i dont personally know you at all.

secondly i dont owe anyone in life a cent, and i have never run my business on credit either, ever. That reference about people borrowing money to make money if they want to/need to etc was referring to people who use credit for a start up business etc like the guys doing the new colour dmds in the USA, thats what that topic was about, never about me or my business. My business has been going for over 17 years, so no start up credit for me. I dont even use a credit card, cause i luckily dont need to borrow money. I started out with fifty bux in my pocket and a few business cards, and like many, worked 6 n 7 days a week for many many years to finally get somewhere.lol

I think u have completely misread my comments, because the few things u said have missed the mark by a mile matey. You have also been buying machines, so its not like u couldnt afford one either, so i am not sure why you thought it was you, when it clearly wasnt. If u dont like the AC/DC machine its fine.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:23:32 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2012, 01:23:49 PM »
I know exactly the point you were trying to make, and was in the worst possible fashion
i read that post a number of times just to make sure of it.
The idea behind that post was simply a way of implying to the other fan boys, that this guy only hates it because he cant afford it, and used some one else as an example to make your case stronger.
that wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt being said in such away that it was implying with out actually saying it.
other wise there would be little need to make such a statement.
The idea is completely false, you know exactly what it meant but that sort of statement leaves you enough room to wiggle your self out of if caught out.
i know what was written and i know exactly how it was intended and what you were implying.
and i think you are better than that by other conversations i have had with you on this forum.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:31:13 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2012, 01:31:03 PM »
mate, completely wrong. If i had of meant you, I would have cheekily asked you " are you sure u cant just afford to by one".lol  but i didnt.

i think i will just ignore the last comments and move on to something positive.   

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »

I couldn't care less if someone says the pins I like are shit, means absolutely nothing to me and would never stop me associating with someone because of a difference in opinion of a bloody pinball machine.

*%* I'm used to the above. I own an Avatar and you'd be hard pressed to find another person on any forum who likes Avatar. Doesn't bother me at all.

ETA...I'd like to own an AC/DC Pro in the future. Great theme and great all round game IMO.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »
I loved the Avatar movie and I really like the Avatar pinnny. If i wasnt selling some and had the room, i would love a Avatar for the kids n me.

I dont think there is such a thing as a bad pinny, or a boring pinny, they are all alot of fun.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2012, 02:29:08 PM »

I dont think there is such a thing as a bad pinny, or a boring pinny, they are all alot of fun.

Of coures there is, there are plenty of crappy, boring ones out there that play accordingly.
I like Avatar, just wish it had another ramp. The LE looks excellent.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
I am really going to have to go looking for a Tron and see what its like, the theme avatar doesnt really interest me to much, i dont know what it plays like because i havent played it either, but ill give it ago. i bought this mini moke a few weeks ago so me and the missus can go on day trips and tour around checking out small burger joints and camping over the next few months on our days off, i think we should go around also trying to find pinballs as well, and hopefully get a few plays of these sterns

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
there is a Tron at Timezone Surfers Paradise, and another in my lineup

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2012, 04:22:19 PM »
@Jason
the reason I asked if you had played other Sterns is that Stern games ‘feel’ different to Bally/Williams (and probably your old Gottlieb)
I own 6 Stern games. Monopoly and Ironman feel very lightweight, where Lord of the Rings and Spiderman seem to feel more ‘solid’

Even the sounds are different to a B/W
(I am thinking of installing a sub-woofer in a game and see how much of a difference it makes)

So I was wondering if the different ‘feel’ had colored your judgment?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »
@Everyone else
You guys crack me up.
For the last 18 months, a lot of people have bagged out Wizard of Oz. When confronted about your attitude you have replied that everyone is allowed to have an opinion and should not have their opinion censored

Then some one comes along, does not like your precious AC/DC game, and you flip out

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
No one likes to spend $6,500 or $10,000 and get told that there game is crap, lame, hyped or boring or whatever, but everyone is going to have their own opinion. That is fine, but being honest, it will never be a popular opinion, but if u are brave enough to bag a popular machine you just have to understand some people will get a bit upset.
Also, I know a few up here, who i think really wanted to buy one - a AC/DC, they couldnt afford it, then bagged it versus saying I wish i could have bought one. Someone i know personally bags it all the time, but he finally told me the other day, he just cant afford one, so he bagged it instead of saying he cant afford it. Thats human nature, what are u going to do.lol

Why do you have to own the machine to be able to judge game play? I certainly can not afford one, I'm not going to bag it just because I cant afford one.   Surely if I don't like it I can still voice my opinion even if I dont have the game in my collection  @.@
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:40:40 PM by ktm450 »