Author Topic: my thoughts on ACDC pinball  (Read 1919 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: my thoughts on ACDC pinball
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
I got defensive because of the way it was attacked I've never heard someone attack a machine so fiercely and really 99% like the game hear and overseas so I just wondered why? Cow corner I expect it lol cause I think most of his comments are tougne in cheek I think :-) but I could be wrong? Play a premium before you right it off but having said that I think the pro is awesome. Anyway you have the right to comment its a forum and only pinball, out of interest what's your fav title?

Peter

LOl- it wasnt fierce at all... i thought it was a refreshing and non biased apparaisal of the game and when i read it, i thought that i really must make an effort to play this game to see if i agreed or not.
In all honesty, us non ACDC owners tend to stay out of your threads and keep our mouths shut as you all seem to be a bit touchy feely about it.
I think DDToys comments have a larger relevance to the game than any comment here.. he owns the game and if i interpret correctly, the game comes together with the cannon so long as there are drops to fire at.
So the point here is that OK.. Its  a Steve Ritchie design... but surely it would have been better to put out 1 model.. no lower PF but with drops as standard... the blingy cabs of BIB etc could have been standard and the game would have been one game but with choice of cab colour and translite.... Sterns tendency to make a common mans game and then an upper class game ( im English... i know how it works!) is nonsense when it seems neither game is without a design fault.

When you play it then let us know your thoughts!

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2012, 10:24:06 PM »
Will do... im at my brothers for a BBQ tomorrow at Chermside.. they have ACDC in the arcade there.. if your top score is still there by end of Aug, you get to keep the machine.

Ill make an effort to drop a coin or two

Offline mickthepin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »
that's not quite the case retro but have a go anyways. I hated it the first time I played it but its like a red hot chilli peppers album it gets better each time you play

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
that's not quite the case retro but have a go anyways. I hated it the first time I played it but its like a red hot chilli peppers album it gets better each time you play

Hopefully he's not another person that bags the crap out of it after two games lol

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2012, 10:53:23 PM »

Its not?? You mean its a rue to get me to go to Chermside? Bastard told me you won the pin.. lying bugger

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2012, 10:55:28 PM »

Its not?? You mean its a rue to get me to go to Chermside? Bastard told me you won the pin.. lying bugger

think its something like you have to set the high score for the week, and if you set a score they take your name, then they reset it and do it again, then you gotta have a play off or some shit like that for the machine.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2012, 12:39:22 AM »
machine has to be registered in the ACDC competition to compete

http://www.acdcpinballchampionship.com/#!

Marty Machine

« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2012, 02:43:16 AM »
A fantastic game worthy of hype should be a game that is fantastic within minutes of playing it.

Eminate the cabinet art, headbox art, DMD graphics & sound, and judge what's left....the gameplay!!!

You shouldn't have to learn/master a game to eventually enjoy it, it should be enjoyable for a complete novice from the get-go.....
It should have variety, movement and non-repetative actions, and certainly have challenging target/ramp shots etc.

I think the theme itself is strongly marketed to ACDC fans, but in reality even some ACDC fans will feel disappointed. (this goes for many of the themed/fan games).

Based on my comments, i can totally understand Olivia_Jasons comments of a 'boring game'......

MM

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2012, 05:02:14 AM »
A fantastic game worthy of hype should be a game that is fantastic within minutes of playing it.

Eminate the cabinet art, headbox art, DMD graphics & sound, and judge what's left....the gameplay!!!

You shouldn't have to learn/master a game to eventually enjoy it, it should be enjoyable for a complete novice from the get-go.....
It should have variety, movement and non-repetative actions, and certainly have challenging target/ramp shots etc.

I think the theme itself is strongly marketed to ACDC fans, but in reality even some ACDC fans will feel disappointed. (this goes for many of the themed/fan games).

Based on my comments, i can totally understand Olivia_Jasons comments of a 'boring game'......

MM
]
?
Supposedly LOTR is a top10 game, but it took me 4 months to get into it

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2012, 05:03:44 AM »

Hopefully he's not another person that bags the crap out of it after two games lol

Peter
unlike those who have bagged the crap out of WoZ without playing it once?

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
i have only had a handfull of games on mine,so i cannot really comment.But mitchell loves it.I cannot bring myself to play it untill its paid for. !@)
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
There is not a pin in the world that absolutely everyone loves.

Personally I really enjoy the game, keeps on kicking my butt and keeps me coming back for more.  I am happy to have purchased it as my first NIB.

For those guys who don't like it, again all I would suggest is to play the PREMIUM (or LE) versions as it is a much more refined and complete game.  The pro is good, but not as good.

If you still don't like it, meh don't buy one!

I believe its one of Sterns better releases and if another title comes up which I like who knows (Premium or LE of course!)..

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2012, 10:48:32 AM »

Peter
unlike those who have bagged the crap out of WoZ without playing it once?

Bagged the theme lets get it right here......

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »

MM
]
?
Supposedly LOTR is a top10 game, but it took me 4 months to get into it

You dont have 4 months in an arcade to decide if you want to put your money back into it. i guess now games are targeted for homes they design them to be less enjoyale straight of the bat? if you take out the NIB experience.

on a sited pinball you have about 30seconds to get the person sucked into it straight after they shoot the first ball.
I would think
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:34:33 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Agreed.. a great game should be evident on the first game you play.. if youve got to give it god knows how many games before you get into it then its never going to perform well onsite. Maybe thats the problem with pinball... its made itself too complicated with deeper and deeper rule sets? a back to basics approach may be whats needed.
Arcade machines lost me when Defender came out.. too many buttons for me and i much preferred the good old shoot em up games.
pinball pretty much lost me after TZ which i enjoyed at the time.
If you have to crank the sound up, turn off the lights and drink piss to really get into a game then the game aint all that. I can honestly say that ALL my pins are great witht he lights off etc and a cool atmosphere... even the most boring flipperless has its appeal in this situation.
Anyway... i didnt get to play this title yesterday, but i will at some point and ill try to approach the pin with a fresh and open mind