Author Topic: Coin Mech Help  (Read 377 times)

Offline ausrhino

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
Coin Mech Help
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
Hey guys,

I am researching some coin mechs for my machine - but to be honest I have no idea what I need for the type of inner door setup that I have.

Can someone have a look and let me know.  Was chasing as $1 and $2 coin mech. Store suggestion would also be appreciated.

Thanks

ausrhino

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Coin Mech Help
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »
That door needs mechanical mechs.

The blue microswitch is the coin switch and wires into the machine to give a credit when actuated.

The multipin plug could be for anything (or nothing) - maybe lamps in the door???
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
 I think the loom may be for a printer.

Try RTBB they did have some mechanical mechs a little while ago

Offline ausrhino

• Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »
Yeah thanks guys.  Wasn't sure - I will post a pic of the coin door pcb controller and see if I can work out which wires I use to wire up the coin door.

Thanks so far

ausrhino

Offline ausrhino

• Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 12:42:56 PM »
Ok I have verified that this plug is a ECA Coin Connector.  http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/gamemanuals/The_Addams_Family_Wms/index.html#/117/zoomed - I have confirmed it is coming off J4 from the Coin Door Interface Board. 

The thing is - which electronic coin mechs are able to be used with this connector? - if any

Thanks

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 02:33:21 PM »
just run a mechanical coin mech. i do this for my shop, it enters as a credit via that micro switch, the mechanical mechs are $20 for $1 coins on ebay.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
Ok I have verified that this plug is a ECA Coin Connector.  http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/gamemanuals/The_Addams_Family_Wms/index.html#/117/zoomed - I have confirmed it is coming off J4 from the Coin Door Interface Board. 

The thing is - which electronic coin mechs are able to be used with this connector? - if any

Thanks
Probably a coin controls c220
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ausrhino

• Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »

Thanks - that looks like the one - that connection has 15 pins which the c220 accepts. 

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »

Thanks - that looks like the one - that connection has 15 pins which the c220 accepts. 

You will need the mounting hardware as your door had mechanical mechs fitted originally, or buy a single coin slot door from one of the dealers.  Your wiring looks like it was configured for either, but they went with mechanical

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 12:43:34 PM »
You're in for a somewhat large project there. The connector is for an electronic coin mechanism.

Odds are, if the electronic mechanism was fitted, there may be mounting hardware for the mechanical mechs missing.

The wires from that harness may need to be moved to the coin switches below. I also notice a lamp socket is missing in your coin door.

The easiest solution would be, IMO, to find an identical door wired for mechanical switches, set the two side by side, and remove the extra wiring, and reterminate the wires that are needed for the coin switches.

I like a challenge, so I'd rewire it properly.. but most would just replace it.

Offline ausrhino

• Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 03:21:16 PM »
You're in for a somewhat large project there. The connector is for an electronic coin mechanism.

Odds are, if the electronic mechanism was fitted, there may be mounting hardware for the mechanical mechs missing.

The wires from that harness may need to be moved to the coin switches below. I also notice a lamp socket is missing in your coin door.

The easiest solution would be, IMO, to find an identical door wired for mechanical switches, set the two side by side, and remove the extra wiring, and reterminate the wires that are needed for the coin switches.

I like a challenge, so I'd rewire it properly.. but most would just replace it.

Yeah I am going to rewire it.  The rewire is no problem for me - handy with a soldering iron and used to do XBOX 1 chip installs - so shouldn't be too much of a hassle now I know what I am looking at.  I have a spare lamp socket here - so will just get some connectors.

I have a 20c coin mech already - but might get a $2 and $1 one that will bring it up to what I want for it.  It is only home use - however I wouldn't mind using it as a big piggy bank to pay for the next one.

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »
I may have a spare electronic c220 mech if your interested? $20 plus postage.  Let me know if you are interested and I will see if I still have some

Offline ausrhino

• Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
PM sent