Author Topic: Should a new machine come with a coin mech?  (Read 435 times)

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
Re: Should a new machine come with a coin mech?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 04:52:34 AM »
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would clarify a few things about the doors. Originally, you had a traditonal single slot in the middle of the door. With Ac/dc being a huge seller, with both operators and the home market, it was decided with the Ac/Dc pinball championships happening and a big demands from oprearators, that the machines have note reader capability. Hence, the change in the door. As the yanks already have note reader doors and two slots, this is this door was fitted to all Australian machines from about May onwards whilst a new door was redesigned and manufactured. We now have new doors on the machines arriving which have the coin slot on the far right hand side and the bill acceptor plate on the left hand side. the middle of the door will not be blanked off like the previous one.

I have arriving in my container on Friday a few new older style doors with the single slot in the middle and no bill acceptor plates.If it really bothers you and I can see how it might, let me know and I will see what I can do. You can also remove the centre plates from the door and fit the top and bottom slots and it will look like a two slot American door.

I hope this explains the reasons why the doors were changed. It only affected a small number of machines during the transitional stages of the new door being manufactured.

Regards Joe  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:54:27 AM by snapperjoe »
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Should a new machine come with a coin mech?
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 11:25:53 AM »
OK, good to know Joe.
I can put up with mine, and I do have some new doors here so I can always just look at changing it over later.
Thanks for the email.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !