Author Topic: Stern Tron Pro re-run?  (Read 2100 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Stern Tron Pro re-run?
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
Reading on Pinside today that Tron Pro is supposedly having a limited re-run of 100 machines in October. I almost wet myself...then thought it would be impossible to afford at the moment.

From Pinside:

From Gary:

Subject: Tron Pro

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

In early October we will make approximately 100 more Tron Pro pinball machines.  These will be the same game as before, with a few exceptions.  The cabinet art will be decals.  The games will have a 2 dimensional  backglass with different, new art.  The backglass art is attached for you to view.

Please let me know right away if you want any Tron.  These games will be gone fast.  We ask that you take shipment as the games are built.

Best regards

Gary

Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern Tron Pro re-run?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »
would u kindly list the pinside link.  !@#

that translite looks excellent.

what would the aussie $ pricing be. ??

has anyone asked Bruce-AMD about getting one or two etc.??  I would be interested etc, if the price was right.

Delarge, are u going to contact Bruce ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
Heya Brett,
Here is the link: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch

I was going to contact AMD, but since I don't have the cash, I didn't want to bug them. Still paying the remainder off my AC/DC Pro. I might have to get a third job. Haha

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:13:42 PM »
thanks for that link etc.  ^^^ 

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
Not a bad BG, but i prefer the 3D BG the previous Tron has.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
Heres a video from youtube of when the TRON PRO was released and a few guys from PAPA etc did a game review.
I like the way the guy does his voice and takes the piss out of everything whilst he is supposedly doing a serious review but he throws in some comedy and his radio/movie voice has been overly done to make the whole review even more entertaining and a good piss take.lol

One thing is you get good ball times on the TRON. I thought the video would help anyone thinking about buying a new TRON when the rerun occurs in apx 4 to 6 weeks etc with the new translite (which is excellent i thought) and probably updated code. If you havent seen one of these machines brand new, the cabinet and colours/blue/yellow etc are visually very striking. Definately a great looking game.

Here is a second video with a really cool mod done to the arcade machine. Probably one of the better pinball mods i have ever seen. that would be a must if i purchased a Tron.

Last video is from PAPA with full playfield of TRON.
Note - enlarge the viewing to full screen when u start watching to get the best viewing because it is a little hard to see unless fullscreen chosen in bottom right corner.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:05:13 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »
No doubt a stunning looking game, but i'm not sure about gameplay. I'm tossing up between an AC/DC Pro or one of these. When i played
both a few months ago, the AC/DC was the better IMO, but i didn't give the Tron much game time.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »
No doubt a stunning looking game, but i'm not sure about gameplay. I'm tossing up between an AC/DC Pro or one of these. When i played
both a few months ago, the AC/DC was the better IMO, but i didn't give the Tron much game time.

The AC/DC PRO with the latest 1.6 code has made the Pro even better again. The pumping music and fast playfield with lots of shots just make the AC/DC a winner and a keeper.  The extra multiball code/fun annimations/shaker motor effects etc are excellent. Code upgrades also make the song selector more available, and huge scores arent needed on each ball like before to get a song change. You can now make 2 or 3 plus song changes per ball if u are scoring relatively well.
At $5950 plus delivery (apx $200) and then add the shaker motor in at $210, the total for a AC/DC PRO is $6360 delivered and done ! Great value.

If I had my time again, would I buy the Premium, No , because I can add LEDS to the Pro if I wanted to.  You cant go wrong with a Pro or a Premium really. Tron is good if u already have the AC/DC , but definately buy the AC/DC i would say. You can always get a Tron later.

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
You're prob right. I got a quote for an AC/DC pro from AMD, with overnight delivery and it's under the $6150 mark.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »
You're prob right. I got a quote for an AC/DC pro from AMD, with overnight delivery and it's under the $6150 mark.

I am assuming thats BNIB without the shaker motor. Definately get the shaker motor, and make sure they add the 1.6 code for you.

When do u think u will be buying one ? before Xmas.  You wont be dissapointed.

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 05:31:34 PM »
I'm thinking next week if i go for the AC/DC. Price is for NIB. Yes, shaker motor would be extra. The Tron release talk today has thrown a little
doubt into my mind.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 06:40:40 PM »
The Tron would cost more money than the AC/DC cause AMD would have to specially order it and it wont come in a container like the AC/DC did, which is why AC/DC was under $ 6 grand BNIB. The Tron would have to be airfreighted costing an extra $400 plus I would think.
Is the Tron re-run a a USA model/run only ? Some are saying its sold out already on other sites.

Have u got a AC/DC Pro to play quite a few games on with updated 1.6 code which might help u decide ? You are always welcome here-Gold Coast near Dreamworld Fun Park.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
Dreamworld? haha....I'd rather go to Cavey's place for the machines than worry about Dreamworld.

Offline Mr Tilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 08:13:36 PM »
50 Tron for US and 50 for export most to go to Europe ! Ring AMD or Cashbox asap

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 08:18:15 PM »
I'd love one but need to sell first