Author Topic: Stern Tron Pro re-run?  (Read 2636 times)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Re: Stern Tron Pro re-run?
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
Thanks for the tips, Cavey. I hope i enjoy the pin as much as i did when i played it several months ago. I have a new set of red pin cab protectors ready
and i will order some LEDs and mirror blades to finish it off.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »
Good question Pete.

The answer is, on AC/DC you can see by looking at the back panel on the back of the playfield at the jukebox, the songs u have played will be lit already on the song selector.  I am pretty sure/certain that is correct. The game does allow you to chose a song again that u have already played so u can increase your score on that song, therefore making yourself the grand champion of that song, making it harder for someone to beat your song score.

On TRON, I have to play it more to work out how to get the best out of that game as well, but by watching all the STERN videos on their site, it does make it easier to work out how to get the best out of the game. Admittedly, some of the new code changes on different games are not reflected in the videos, but there is still alot to learn from the videos. I even learnt alot more for X Man watching the X Men LE video. They will make a new X Men Pro video soon for sure. Not sure if they will do a video for the TRON code update.

I have sent a email to STERN asking about TRON code update because a purchase of that machine for me relies upon new code. I will let u knowe what they say !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »
No Tron for me. I've spoken to Bruce at AMD today and have just ordered an AC/DC Pro, with shaker motor. Will arrive here Thursday.

congratulations!

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
Congrats all. Nice to see a variety of machines going to new homes.

Brett, they must all know you at Stern by now? haha.

I spoke to Bruce today about Tron Pro and had a nice chat. Only ordering exact amounts, no extras to try and sell. I didn't want to load my credit card up and end up paying it off for 2 years, so will wait until Christmas time and see if Stern do another run of Tron machines in December. I don't think I've ever encountered such great service as I have with AMD. Always happy to talk and answer my questions. Hoping I can get another new in box machine off them one day....time to sell a machine or two I think.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
Luckily for STERN, I have only ever contacted Jody Dakenberg with a few emails and he forwards the emails onto the appropriate parties.
I have been lucky to have Steve Ritchie contact me directly re AC/DC and John Borg about TRON. I only email STERN if no-one else can answer the question etc. I try to keep any questions/emails up my sleeve, and not bug them unless its a question that will make or break buying a new STERN machine for me.lol    Unlike my posts on here,lol, I have kept my emails to STERN extremely short because I know STERN people are very busy.

Otherwise I use the same email practice with AMD-Bruce if I have a question that I cant get answered anywhere else.
You are correct about the top service from AMD, they are great there. Bruce is a top bloke and buying a machine off him is fun because he has invested alot into keeping the pinball side of his business going, even though they had a few very lean years during the GFC times, yet they have stuck it out, when most would have stopped importing a product that wasnt giving a huge return. I was glad to see the Aussie STERN dealers ride the wave of success with the AC/DC numbers and sales. I think those who bought recent STERNS will and have become STERN fans and will continue to collect the new STERN titles as they come out. Thats good for everyone really.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:05:30 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
Yeah the juke shows which songs you have collected then it will prompt you to change songs after collecting 8 which I do but at that point how do I know which song I haven't played? Does it only light the in played songs on the PF?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2012, 01:00:04 AM »
Only the played songs shld be lit on the jukebox already.  By toggling thru the songs with the flippers, it lights or unlights the songs u havent played on the back jukebox selector.  Thats on the Pro anyway. I will have to have some games n relook/check it for you again Pete.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2012, 12:53:20 PM »
Pete(Gorgar)  $#$

I got confirmation this morning, software code upgrades/revisions will be getting done for the TRON re-run. 
That will make the game even better. With that really cool new translite, these 100 only re-run batch of TRONS will become definate collectors items.
I think it will make the re-sale value of those units even more than the orig TRON Pro's.  Dam that machine looks good.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Our Canadian diustributor is getting 10 Tron's. Might be the only rerun, I placed an order for 2. I purchased 2 pro's earlier.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2012, 04:34:50 PM »
Our Canadian diustributor is getting 10 Tron's. Might be the only rerun, I placed an order for 2. I purchased 2 pro's earlier.

Well done. I think u have made a good decision there. The later TRONS will be very sought after when no-one can get them anymore.
The new backglass will make them unique as well.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2012, 09:08:12 PM »
Is it true that the re-release tron's will have traditional cab decals instead of silkscreen?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »
no,lies.like my ac/cd was supposed to be srceen printed.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
Is it true that the re-release tron's will have traditional cab decals instead of silkscreen?

According to AMDs email - YES

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:43 PM »

Is this a good or bad thing?

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2012, 10:13:22 PM »

Is this a good or bad thing?

Peter

Good I guess, if you can also get replacement sets.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"