Author Topic: Stern Tron Pro re-run?  (Read 2727 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Stern Tron Pro re-run?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »
Collectors both here and in the states are CRAZY about the Tron LE if you can find one you'd pay over $10k for a second hand LE Tron. The limited run of 100 should sell out quick imo.

just my 2 cents
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 01:43:30 PM »
Well I "pulled the trigger" and ordered one of the 100 Trons from Bruce can't wait bring on December #*#

Peter $#$
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:02:18 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
I bought 2 original Pro's. I will try to buy one again.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »
Well I "pulled the trigger" and ordered one of the 100 Trons from Bruce can't wait bring on December #*#

Peter $#$

You have excellent taste Pete !  Do u like the new translite ?. I reckon it looks WAY better. The old one was very empty in the middle.
New machine should absolutely rock.  Well done. Looks like another Brand New in Box opening ceremony, just before Xmas. Can it get any better !

$#$
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »

Peter $#$

You have excellent taste Pete !  Do u like the new translite ?. I reckon it looks WAY better. The old one was very empty in the middle.
New machine should absolutely rock.  Well done. Looks like another Brand New in Box opening ceremony, just before Xmas. Can it get any better !

$#$

are you buying one cavey?? looking by your profile piccy you will be?? when ever you put a pinball pic up ive noticed you end up buying it lol ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
I have until monday morning at 10 am to make my decision. I am 99.99 percent convinced but i will have to sell one or two to buy it cause I have far too many machines (even after putting another 20 plus machines on the free/available storage racks) I have not enough space. I have always wanted a TRON but they stopped selling them too quickly.

I love the TRON colours of the cabinet and the playfield colours etc. The wife isnt happy with me buying anymore pinnies which i promised I wouldnt  @.@ but its not a purchase if you sell some to get some, thats called a swap, isnt it ?  #@# #@#

I will mke my decision by Monday morn, and hopefully AMD will still let me order one by then cause the cut off to purchase a TRON is imminent.

*double click on the photo below to see how very sweet the TRON playfield is when lit up. Nice !    

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:24:39 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
I have until monday morning at 10 am to make my decision. I am 99.99 percent convinced but i will have to sell one or two to buy it cause I have far too many machines (even after putting another 20 plus machines on the free/available storage racks) I have not enough space. I have always wanted a TRON but they stopped selling them too quickly.

I love the TRON colours of the cabinet and the playfield colours etc. The wife isnt happy with me buying anymore pinnies which i promised I wouldnt  @.@ but its not a purchase if you sell some to get some, thats called a swap, isnt it ?  #@# #@#

I will mke my decision by Monday morn, and hopefully AMD will still let me order one by then cause the cut off to purchase a TRON is imminent.   

yer thats a swap imo, lol,

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 05:10:21 PM »
Congrats Pete

2 NIB Sterns for 2012! Well done, you've got the NIB bug  $#$

Come on Cavey what's another pin added to the cave, just get AMD to deliver Tron to my joint should ya want to hide from the wife  #@# I'll baby sit it for a few weeks then drop it over chrismas eve!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »
Leon, sounds like a good idea.  The wife has been carrying on today about me buying more machines. Hell, i just sold some and put 20 into storage and gave her back one of the loungerooms and she is still whinging.

She says the kids wont play Tron cause they dont know what Tron is etc, and she doesnt like Tron, nag nag nag etc (doesnt like Sc-Fi, havent met many women who do.lol). She says the kids will probably play X Men Pro cartoon pinny , nag nag nag, but prefers no new pinballs and wants a new car. nag nag nag.

Might have to get a X Men and slide it past her by not mentioning a thing til it arrives on the doorstep. Maybe aTron later after I get her a new car. Pheewww. Wives.lol     I will enjoy seeing others pick up a Tron in the meantime.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:52:27 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2012, 08:08:40 PM »
Got to play the TRON LE at Newcastle. Didnt have many games on it but it seemed a good flowing game with a nice open playfield you can see all the time.
One thing is for sure STERN managed to match the pin to the movie really well with this one.. it is one hell of a good looking machine!

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2012, 12:17:29 PM »
Well done GORGAR on the Tron purchase. I need to make a decision on a new pin. I think i'll go for the AC/DC.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2012, 01:16:52 PM »
Well done GORGAR on the Tron purchase. I need to make a decision on a new pin. I think i'll go for the AC/DC.

Yep buy the AC/DC Andy its great value @ $5,950

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
Yep buy an AC/DC first I would have but I have one and I reckon the color of the Tron will look great next to my BIB LE similar color! And yes Brett I love the new translite it is better I red somewhere it doesn't come with the cycles? Hope I can buy those suckers lol

Peter

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
Collectors both here and in the states are CRAZY about the Tron LE if you can find one you'd pay over $10k for a second hand LE Tron. The limited run of 100 should sell out quick imo.

just my 2 cents

Nah....A tippy top condition one went on ebay recently for $9250 and he didnt end up buying it. Seller sold it for $7950 in the end. (I am still after one though  &&)

Funny how the last run of Trons was the 'last' run. I think they will keep reproducing these as demand requires....Great pickup though to all the new purchasers.  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2012, 10:14:01 PM »
I was told directly by STERN 2 days ago that they cut into the last run of TRON PRO by doing AC/DC etc. I was told they had enough hardware, playfields n bits n pieces for apx 120 PRO Trons etc.  If they didnt have the hardware n playfields left, the run wouldnt be happening etc.

All the current games on the available list have product available and thats why they are still available versus selling well still. Avatar and Rolling Stones is a example. Just taken off the available list in the last few days but some limited stock still just available at the factory.

You can always find BNIB stock via the USA dealers, and in some cases I was told that if u really want a game, u can get STERN to scource it for you from a USA dealer who doesnt mind sending one back for a credit if they are overstocked etc. (excl LE Tron ofcourse)
I think alot of people are going to buy the Tron Pro and add the aftermarket led glow wire.
With updated code, its a cheap way to make yaself a Tron LE, so to speak.