Author Topic: Stern Tron Pro re-run?  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern Tron Pro re-run?
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Yep buy an AC/DC first I would have but I have one and I reckon the color of the Tron will look great next to my BIB LE similar color! And yes Brett I love the new translite it is better I red somewhere it doesn't come with the cycles? Hope I can buy those suckers lol

Peter

I was told yesterday the machine is identical incl ALL toys. Nothing is missing at all, remembering they apparently have all hardware/parts etc avail for 120 machines. The cycles are a very important part of the look and I cant see them selling one unit without it. Thats what I was told directly by the Stern rep. You shld be fine Pete.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2012, 12:00:37 AM »
Yep buy an AC/DC first I would have but I have one and I reckon the color of the Tron will look great next to my BIB LE similar color! And yes Brett I love the new translite it is better I red somewhere it doesn't come with the cycles? Hope I can buy those suckers lol

Peter

I was told yesterday the machine is identical incl ALL toys. Nothing is missing at all, remembering they apparently have all hardware/parts etc avail for 120 machines. The cycles are a very important part of the look and I cant see them selling one unit without it. Thats what I was told directly by the Stern rep. You shld be fine Pete.

Oh good thanks Brett.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
What are the chances of getting one of these in December without pre-ordering? No other dealers getting them?

Have been trying to work out ways of getting the cash to put down, but no luck yet.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »
What are the chances of getting one of these in December without pre-ordering? No other dealers getting them?

Have been trying to work out ways of getting the cash to put down, but no luck yet.

Cheers!
Adam.

I had the same idea, but i don't think it's possible. You have to pre order and pay a 50% deposit. I have no option but to choose AC/DC or Tron. Can't have both.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2012, 11:36:08 AM »

Cheers!
Adam.

I had the same idea, but i don't think it's possible. You have to pre order and pay a 50% deposit. I have no option but to choose AC/DC or Tron. Can't have both.

Choose tron then, you will still prob be able to get a acdc pro early next year.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »

Cheers!
Adam.

Choose tron then, you will still prob be able to get a acdc pro early next year.

True, but i don't think i'm patient enough.  *%*

I can get next day delivery for AC/DC, or pay now and wait until December for Tron. I'll make a decision and speak to AMD tomorrow.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2012, 01:29:17 PM »
Adam(Delarge) and Rottyguy, ask Bruce if he is willing to just get an extra few Trons in. Or ask Joe interstate from Kids Just Wanna have Fun about his finance deals for getting a pinny. I reckon u still might be able to get a Tron after Xmas. I dont think anyone seller wise in the USA will be taking any more stock of anything unless they have a specific order for that exact unit.

With the USA dealers already having excess stock of Avatar, Rolling Stones, AC/DC all models, X Men LE and X Men Pro, the chances are that they will not be ordering Trons just to stick on the showroom floor, or out back in storage. Therefore, i reckon you will get one after December, early Jan to Feb etc. Remember Xmas is coming, school holidays in the USA and here, and people are holding their money for the quiet Xmas times ahead.
Will they really sell 100 units of Tron Pro in mid to late November, before Stern shuts down for the thanks giving break etc. Hard to tell but I reckon you might get lucky with some being left. Alot of people will be buying a X Men or a Avengers when it comes out. Most people in the USA are saying they dont like the 2D backglass, so you might find some Tron stock afterall. Hard to tell, Its all a guess. roll the dice.lol

I want a TRON as well and will take the risk after geting a X Men Pro probably. Hope the pinball gods are smiling down on us all for the new year !
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:31:30 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2012, 01:57:36 PM »
Risky waiting there's only fifty for the USA market and the other 50 for the worldwide market and its a sort after title everyone seems to love it! my problem is I'm impatient and waiting until December is killing me already ^&^.

Peter

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »
hope an updated code comes out with the re-release, it is by no means bad, but the game needs an EXTRA BALL

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
Risky waiting there's only fifty for the USA market and the other 50 for the worldwide market and its a sort after title everyone seems to love it! my problem is I'm impatient and waiting until December is killing me already ^&^.

Peter

Yeh, If i could afford to lock in both a TRON and a X MEN PRO I would be grabbing both.
The TRON isnt as fast n action packed as X Men cause X Men is just fast from the get go with shots going off everywhere into all different directions, but TRON is a thinking game which is a little more relaxed and u have to think and place your shots. If u like cartoons, u will like X Men, if u like movie themes more with real people and real humans speaking etc, TRON is the go.

At the end of the day, both a TRON and a X MEN side by side with a AC/DC would make a killer collection.
If you like X Men Pro next year Pete, u can always grab a X Men later and then have the best of everything. I just like the open playfield of TRON and the colours etc. TRON in a dark room with the glow wire is mad, but without glow wire on the ramps, TRON is best played under a decent light to really appreciate the playfield colours. TRON needs to be positioned so u can see the cabinet from all sides as well.

Its fun showing off these new pins, u will have a blast with TRON Pete. Play one again when u can so u can work out where to position yours when it comes. Cant wait to see the photos of the unboxing.  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:30:55 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »

Peter

Yeh, If i could afford to lock in both a TRON and a X MEN PRO I would be grabbing both.
The TRON isnt as fast n action packed as X Men cause X Men is just fast from the get go with shots going off everywhere into all different directions, but TRON is a thinking game which is a little more relaxed and u have to think and place your shots. If u like cartoons, u will like X Men, if u like movie themes more with real people and real humans speaking etc, TRON is the go.

At the end of the day, both a TRON and a X MEN side by side with a AC/DC would make a killer collection.
If you like X Men Pro next year Pete, u can always grab a X Men later and then have the best of everything. I just like the open playfield of TRON and the colours etc. TRON in a dark room with the glow wire is mad, but without glow wire on the ramps, TRON is best played under a decent light to really appreciate the playfield colours. TRON needs to be positioned so u can see the cabinet from all sides as well.

Its fun showing off these new pins, u will have a blast with TRON Pete. Play one again when u can so u can work out where to position yours when it comes. Cant wait to see the photos of the unboxing.  

That's good Brett cause I think me having two super games will age me to quick lol so a slower Tron next to the crazy AC/DC will be just what I'm after.

Peter

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »
Hmmm maybe Stern will be doing another Tron run? Might give others time to save up? Just depends if AMD have enough interest to order more Tron machines and if this is even true or not. You never know with all these Stern rumours.

Swinks wrote in another thread:

Neoace from Pinside stated today:
"I have it on good authority that Stern's production schedule for the remainder of the year is as follows:
October: TRON
November: Avengers
December: more TRON"

PinballCustoms from Pinside stated today that Avenger info will most probably be released around 23rd September which is timed around a pinball show and around the release of Avengers Blueray in the US.

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2012, 12:32:27 PM »
No Tron for me. I've spoken to Bruce at AMD today and have just ordered an AC/DC Pro, with shaker motor. Will arrive here Thursday.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »
No Tron for me. I've spoken to Bruce at AMD today and have just ordered an AC/DC Pro, with shaker motor. Will arrive here Thursday.

Congratulations !

I am sure they will do the 1.6 software upgrade, if not, make sure u do it. Those upgrades for multiball alone and more song selection more often is a blast.
Also, a good idea in settings, under adjustments, is to go and set the level of Steve Ritchies commentary/feedback comments to maximum rude for some good fun.  Set shaker motor effect to maximum etc as well. If there is any thing else I can think of, i will post or you are welcome to PM with set up stuff ideas/hints for the PRO.

You will love this game. It is a blast. Dont forget to nudge alot during gameplay to get the most out of it and longer ball times. Get good at hitting the left ramp continually from the left flipper, and as soon as u see the red dome light flashing above the cannon, always shoot rightt ramp to get cannon shot and multiball happening.  

Congratulations, and get ready for some serious fun ! Crank the volume. Ohhhh Yehhhhh !  $#$

Now, just waiting for Petes Tron to arrive, and Cows X Men. Xmas is looking good !
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:35:57 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2012, 03:38:20 PM »
Hey Brett when you select another song how do you know what you're already played? I'm confused lol

Peter