Author Topic: X-Men Pro Review - Mini Review N Photos  (Read 25955 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: X-Men Pro Review - Mini Review N Photos
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 09:45:34 PM »
I have played a LE Wolvie and it looks great - doesn't look cheap in my opinion for what it is worth, but am looking forward to playing and checking out a Pro.

I would love to have ago on the LE,nearly bought one but couldn't justify the extra coin for the features it provides.
The spinning disc was the only extra that I would really like but I can live without it. The pro is a very cool machine, plays great and looks a million bucks.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 10:01:21 PM »
I have played a LE Wolvie and it looks great - doesn't look cheap in my opinion for what it is worth, but am looking forward to playing and checking out a Pro.

Did u really like the LE Wolverine gameplay etc Swinksy ?
I am really hoping u like the Pro.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »

Did u really like the LE Wolverine gameplay etc Swinksy ?
I am really hoping u like the Pro.

The LE was good, but the swinging ramp - can live without, the night crawler pop ups - can live without, the spinner was ok but the twister spinner adds more randomness to the ball path where the wolvie did a little but not something to spend over 2k more on. The leds light effects like on AC/DC Premium and LE was good where it went to one colour for a selected villain (all blue GI or all red GI) but not a deal breaker. I haven't played the pro but I think it would be great value for money so I think you guys are on a winner.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 12:03:58 PM »
I found a few X Men Pro videos someone had uploaded to Youtube. (below)

and the second one with slightly different angle.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 05:03:40 PM »
New code patch for X-men has been released and there will be a big powerpack update for both XM and TF around xmas.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:54:15 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 05:53:27 PM »
New code patch for X-men has been released and there will be a big powerpack update for both XM and TF aound xmas.

Excellent.

Code for X Men Pro is as below >

V1.02 - September 24, 2012
=======================
- Fixed an issue in Sentinels mode where new sentinels may not appear after one was destroyed. This only occurred when Magneto Multiball was started during Sentinels mode
- Adjusted the scoring in both Beast and Iceman modes. Scores are now 700,000 for the first shot and 1,300,000 for the second.
- Fixed an issue where Magneto "ball locked" and multiball jackpot speech calls repeated in an unintended fashion. These speech calls are now evenly spaced for repetition.
- Fixed an issue where hitting the pop bumpers during Beast mode overrode the full shot award. Now the Beast shot award has higher priority.
- Added back panel flasher lightshow for Storm mode.
- Added sound effects to the outlanes.
- Changed Xavier mode. Now when Xavier mode starts, the player can attempt to blindly find the mutant. The player has the option to hit the Xavier shot instead to reveal the mutant. Finding the mutant blindly is worth more points.
_ Fixed an issue where the side banks were not displaying their information correctly.

Code for X Men LE is as below >

V1.21 - September 24, 2012
=======================
- Fixed an issue in Sentinels mode where new sentinels may not appear after one was destroyed. This only occurred when Magneto Multiball was started during Sentinels mode
- Adjusted the scoring in both Beast and Iceman modes. Scores are now 700,000 for the first shot and 1,300,000 for the second.
- Fixed an issue where Magneto "ball locked" and multiball jackpot speech calls repeated in an unintended fashion. These speech calls are now evenly spaced for repetition.
- Fixed an issue where hitting the pop bumpers during Beast mode overrode the full shot award. Now the Beast shot award has higher priority.
- Added back panel flasher lightshow for Storm mode.
- Added sound effects to the outlanes.
- Changed Xavier mode. Now when Xavier mode starts, the player can attempt to blindly find the mutant. The player has the option to hit the Xavier shot instead to reveal the mutant. Finding the mutant blindly is worth more points.
_ Fixed an issue where the side banks were not displaying their information correctly.

V1.2 - August 8, 2012
=======================
- added Dark Phoenix artwork.
- fixed scoring for all modes.
- changed game progression. Game now starts with all modes available.
- added speech and sound effects for several modes and villain select.
- added wolverine multiball mode.
- fixed a scoring issue where some magneto multiball scores weren't being added to the totals.
- changed all X-men modes to be easier to advance towards and complete.
- fixed an issue with the villain selection screen where placing money in the coinslot would prevent you from changing your     selection.
- changed Brotherhood and Hellfire Club logos in selection screen to clearly state their multiball status.
- changed Brotherhood to be a 3-ball multiball.
- changed Xavier mode requirement to only find one mutant.
- changed Cyclops mode requirement to only combo shot. Cyclops mode no longer uses the scoop as a shot.
- changed Rogue mode to incorporate more shots including the nightcrawler mech.
- changed Iceman to requirement to be only two shots and to incorporate movement on the motorized ramp.
- changed Magneto Multiball to have the ramp move based on iceman shot being available as a jackpot.
- added adjustable for mode advancement to make them easier or more difficult. Reset default difficulty to medium.
- added text and modified lighting effects for Hellfire Club and Brotherhood side bank strikes.

Heaps of stuff to make a great game even better !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 12:34:01 PM »
a few photos

click on any pohoto to see some things twice the size  &&
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:40:20 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 12:37:51 PM »
a few more photos, notice the first few girl photos were nice, followed by a grown man in a yellow costume (fail !)
You would have to really need the money to dress up like that ! lol  @.@

click on any pohoto to see some things twice the size  &&
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:40:37 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »
A few of those pics look like they are from comic-con this yr.
The pros were supposed to land today but will not arrive until Friday now....not long to go though!
 $#$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »
The pros were supposed to land today but will not arrive until Friday now....not long to go though!
 $#$

the photos were from the Stern facebook page.
I ordered my X Men Pro for a early/mid November delivery originally, so u will have your machine before I get mine.
I am selling a Twister pinball and a Star Trek 25th which I have 2 x of, to fund my X Men cause I have absolutely no room for another machine unless 1 or 2 go. First time the wife has got her way. The 2 pins I am selling will be appearing on ebay this next week or so.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:12:10 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
the girl photos were from the comicon early this year
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »
 $#$

Daz, the photos were from the Stern facebook page.
I ordered my X Men Pro for a early/mid November delivery originally, so u will have your machine Daz before I get mine.
I am selling a Twister pinball and a Star Trek 25th which I have 2 x of, to fund my X Men cause I have absolutely no room for another machine unless 1 or 2 go. First time the wife has got her way. The 2 pins I am selling will be appearing on ebay this next week or so.

Daz, are u getting your X Men the moment it arrives at AMD ?

I haven't seen the Stern FB page, I don't get down on FB but I am positive the ones of the chicks playing were taken at comic con.
X-men for me in around a fortnight.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 10:51:25 PM »
I thought AMD would have X-Men in stock already. Kids Just wanna have fun have them in stock going by their website.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »
I thought AMD would have X-Men in stock already. Kids Just wanna have fun have them in stock going by their website.

That's good news for anyone in wa who might want one.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 12:19:14 AM »

On the 24th Sept, Joe from KJWHFun said
"our next container which is due any day now, This container has 11 AC/DC pro's,10 AC/DC Premiums,10 Xmen Pro's, 1 Rolling Stones Pro and 1 Avatar Pro"

Joe must be getting his container sent after it hits AMD/Seafreight terminal in Sydney (after customs clearence) as he has 33 machines in his container.

To my knowledge, all pins go to Bruce at AMD first, as he is the Australian Stern distributor, then stock is trucked out overnight accordingly, or a few days because of the distance to W.A.    Check with Joe or Ratbag who is usually always knowledgeable as well for the full story.

It means we shld see some container unloading photos very soon if the guys get time.  ^^^