Author Topic: X-Men Pro Review - Mini Review N Photos  (Read 25945 times)

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: X-Men Pro Review - Mini Review N Photos
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »
It's the right globe that sits behind the lightning bolt target (-23) - pop rivet has come of the bracket.
I'll upload the pic when I'm back in Melbourne tomorrow. For now, I've uploaded a pic from IPDB for reference.

I spent around 90mins in this joint and was surprised to see young & old, playing these pinball machines - some serious swipes indeed.

Didn't GS visit here back in September 2010?

SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »
Yes, Tony(ANT68) who is a AP regular and a friend of Gary Sterns had lunch with him at Surfers back then...

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »
Does timezone just buy the games outright? And I thought they'd have a tech onsite to repair pinballs and all the other games?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
Does timezone just buy the games outright? And I thought they'd have a tech onsite to repair pinballs and all the other games?

Peter

my understanding is that they always get the first batch of test machines/earliest test mules to place on site at a slightly discounted amount from what the fellow was saying...but they definately do not have or do any flipper kits or decent maintainence at all except a wet rag wipeover and a flipper rubber change at best....the games at surfers timezone are practically unplayable unless reaching only half way up the playfield is considered satisfactory....and it would leave a bad taste/boring feeling with anyone who played any of these machines....put it this way, no one would be rushing out to buy a pinball machine at all unless they played the machine in the first week of its delivery or arrival to a timezone...

someone needs to do something on a national level with timezone....even the machine supplier to timezone could send a local tech past or something and include the servicing in the purchase price if it was something they could negotiate/work out...If i was the national sales agent, i would not want my product represented to the public the way Timezone does..it would cost me sales per annum for sure...what a shame a bit of common sense from Timezone cant be organised..every machine is just woeful.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »
Does anyone know if you have to be invited or pre qualify for the QLD AC DC comp?  !@#

If that's the case I'll go as a spectator and play 25 pins for $10 seems a good deal to me  $#$
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
Does anyone know if you have to be invited or pre qualify for the QLD AC DC comp?  !@#

If that's the case I'll go as a spectator and play 25 pins for $10 seems a good deal to me  $#$

Don't know?
Maybe it is in the acdc thread... %$%
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2012, 08:56:46 PM »

Peter

my understanding is that they always get the first batch of test machines/earliest test mules to place on site at a slightly discounted amount from what the fellow was saying...but they definately do not have or do any flipper kits or decent maintainence at all except a wet rag wipeover and a flipper rubber change at best....the games at surfers timezone are practically unplayable unless reaching only half way up the playfield is considered satisfactory....and it would leave a bad taste/boring feeling with anyone who played any of these machines....put it this way, no one would be rushing out to buy a pinball machine at all unless they played the machine in the first week of its delivery or arrival to a timezone...

someone needs to do something on a national level with timezone....even the machine supplier to timezone could send a local tech past or something and include the servicing in the purchase price if it was something they could negotiate/work out...If i was the national sales agent, i would not want my product represented to the public the way Timezone does..it would cost me sales per annum for sure...what a shame a bit of common sense from Timezone cant be organised..every machine is just woeful.

They wont change, it's timezone and they don't give a stuff.
The only good thing is they get the new stern games to test drive before buying, the only thing is you have to be there in the first couple of weeks to get the machine at it's best.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
Leon, You had to already qualify by having a highest score on one of the AC/DC Pro games placed around QLD operator sites in the past 3 to 6 months apparently. Dummies like me didnt attempt cause I have one at home, so thought playing mine for free was better, but that was a mistake cause I should have tried to get involved n kick Robs butt and try n win the overall prize, a brand new AC/DC Pro I think....(one is never enough.lol)

AMD/Norbert have already sent out invitations to the highest score placers, being Replay(Rob) and Mickthepin(Mick) who will be representing AP.  ^^^
I think a few AA guys have been invited as well and qualified as well.

It will be a great day, 1st December to meet some nice people and play some pins (25 perhaps) that fellow collectors have been kind enough to bring along...for any further info, or to take a machine along, email Bruce at AMD at bcolbourne@amdcoinop.com

Maybe Rob or Mick might add some more info...hope as many AP guys from QLD area s can come along. X Men Pro should be avail to play, hope they fix the flippers on all these machines to save embarrassment.lol

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
Leon, You had to already qualify by having a highest score on one of the AC/DC Pro games placed around QLD operator sites in the past 3 to 6 months apparently. Dummies like me didnt attempt cause I have one at home, so thought playing mine for free was better, but that was a mistake cause I should have tried to get involved n kick Robs butt and try n win the overall prize, a brand new AC/DC Pro I think....(one is never enough.lol)

AMD/Norbert have already sent out invitations to the highest score placers, being Replay(Rob) and Mickthepin(Mick) who will be representing AP.  ^^^
I think a few AA guys have been invited as well and qualified as well.

It will be a great day, 1st December to meet some nice people and play some pins (25 perhaps) that fellow collectors have been kind enough to bring along...for any further info, or to take a machine along, email Bruce at AMD at bcolbourne@amdcoinop.com

Maybe Rob or Mick might add some more info...hope as many AP guys from QLD area s can come along. X Men Pro should be avail to play, hope they fix the flippers on all these machines to save embarrassment.lol

Thanks for the clarification Brett  ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »
Pics uploaded.
SC.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE