Author Topic: Gottlieb 70's EM (Decagon 102 mm Diameter) - Score Reel Decals  (Read 375 times)

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
Gottlieb 70's EM (Decagon 102 mm Diameter) - Score Reel Decals
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »
Hi all,
I recently purchased a wide format printer/cutter and plan on setting up a hobby sign/decal business in the future in between EM restorations. I also have plans on reproducing my own backglass translights for EM machines which have badly flaked backglasses. My first project was to design score reel decals which would replace the flaking and worn screen printed numerals on the reels, to make them look new again.
Alot of work has been put into making the font (numerals) as close as possible to the originals and setting up correct decal dimensions. The numerals are printed on white adhesive vinyl with black eco solvent inks which are commercial grade.
Aussie Pinball members are the 1st to be informed of these decals and I would like to know how many members would be interested giving them a go.
For the first 3 members who PM me back, I will post a set NO charge in the next couple of weeks, on the condition you give me your feedback on the decals whether negative or positive.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Great stuff! We need someone doing things like this - all the best with it.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I would be keen but in all honesty not ready for my restore for a while but will keep you in mind when the time comes.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I would be keen but in all honesty not ready for my restore for a while but will keep you in mind when the time comes.

Too busy flushing out obscure websites 'eh?    $.$

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
 ^^^ Well done and definately needed.
In the process of redoing a couple of em backglass art, as you know this is very time consuming, will send the completed PS files when finished to you if this helps you out.
pinballaustralia.com

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

Too busy flushing out obscure websites 'eh?    $.$

I better pick up my game there  %.%
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Great idea and a generous offer .  ^^^

PM sent
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
^^^ Well done and definately needed.
In the process of redoing a couple of em backglass art, as you know this is very time consuming, will send the completed PS files when finished to you if this helps you out.
 Thanks Kev, I would be interested when your ready to go. Thanks all for the responses.

I have inserted a pic of the sets which are for sale on ebay or my website. These will be ideal for anyone doing EM restoration work in the future. Currently I'm working on other manufacturer reel decals as well.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:03:50 PM by oldpins »