Author Topic: Space Invaders Pinball  (Read 266 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Space Invaders Pinball
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »
Another recent addition which took a bit of time to get going. All the displays were faulty, 20 amp fuse for GI's kept blowing, machine would reset every game and/or multiple power ups, passive bumpers no go, targets difficult to drop, flippers weak and misaligned, flipper eos broken, faulty globe holders etc etc.

the lucky thing is the title came with another playfield, most of the parts and mechs for that pf, a new set of plastics, new targets, new passive p/bumper caps and more. So I could repair a lot of the broken bits via replacement of new and old parts or rob bits from the two broken mechs to make one good etc. At least this would get me up and running to take stock of what needs to be purchased in the restore.

So I got this beast up and running for about $5 and 30 hours of stuffing around and testing. I need to buy 1 x display as the final faulty one has been hacked to the bejeebies and I cannot seem to get this last segment going. It's just not worth saving I think.

I have played probably 250+ non test games and really enjoy it. Again it really needs 7 digits even after setting that game as fast as I can and game settings to the hardest, clocking the score can be down say every 40 games or so.

I love the sound, I think mainly because of nostalgia and the look is amazing. I got the game 70% because of the backglass and 30% for the pf art and now another 50% for the game play. So that makes it 150% of value to me which is great. Don't ask me what I meant by the last comment but just simply is a good SS title IMO.

I have included some photos but will probably post more as the PF is touched up and swapped and the new stuff added. thanks for listening
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Operator68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Traralgon Victoria
Re: Space Invaders Pinball
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:25:12 PM »
Congratulations,proberly the most awsome looking machine of its time [ says me].  Space Invaders has allways been on my bucket list of pins and I am very excited to say that I have just purchased one. I cant pick it up till Wendsday and cant wait.  $#$  Your description of playing the game has got me more excited. I will post some pics when I have it set up. I hope you have fun with yours. Good to see another ols SS back in action.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »

Awesome title. Love everything about it. The horse-shoe action is fast and furious. Chaser lights and sound effects really get you going.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:45:21 PM »
Congratulations,proberly the most awsome looking machine of its time [ says me].  Space Invaders has allways been on my bucket list of pins and I am very excited to say that I have just purchased one. I cant pick it up till Wendsday and cant wait.  $#$  Your de******ion of playing the game has got me more excited. I will post some pics when I have it set up. I hope you have fun with yours. Good to see another ols SS back in action.
Can't wait to see yours. Post photos please

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 11:50:39 PM »
 <..>

Awesome title. Love everything about it. The horse-shoe action is fast and furious. Chaser lights and sound effects really get you going.
I've read reviews where people bag the sounds but I can tell those that haven't played, when those thumps speed up and you know you have a target or two to max out your bonus or there is a special you're trying to hit, they sure get the heart pumping and more times than note intimidate me in losing the ball. I love the mother ship sound to hit the right hand target. Not because it's something special but because I can see the ship on the video game and the memories at the argyle hotel with my uni mates and the jugs of beer I would win for every highscore I got. Good pub owner at the time.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 08:41:34 AM »
That looks GREAT! A few of my passive bumper caps are pretty melted and crappy so if you have any reasonable ones left after your restore please consider selling them to me.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 09:47:08 AM »
<..>

I've read reviews where people bag the sounds but I can tell those that haven't played, when those thumps speed up and you know you have a target or two to max out your bonus or there is a special you're trying to hit, they sure get the heart pumping and more times than note intimidate me in losing the ball. I love the mother ship sound to hit the right hand target. Not because it's something special but because I can see the ship on the video game and the memories at the argyle hotel with my uni mates and the jugs of beer I would win for every highscore I got. Good pub owner at the time.

I think those that don't like the sound have never played the game. The sound and chaser lights are part of the game. Imagine a sub woofer in this game ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »
That looks GREAT! A few of my passive bumper caps are pretty melted and crappy so if you have any reasonable ones left after your restore please consider selling them to me.

Will do

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:11:28 PM »
Well done mate, look great  ^^^

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)