Author Topic: STERN - The Hobbit Pinball 2013  (Read 448 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
STERN - The Hobbit Pinball 2013
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »
We have all heard rumours of Jersey Jack supposedly doing the Hobbit as their 2nd pinball machine but I heard a rumour today from the USA that STERN will be doing the game because it has held the Lord of the Rings licence previously. I would prefer to see STERN do the new title cause they could build on the previous pinball and perhaps release it much more quickly than JJP.  #@#

Would anyone on here buy a Hobbitt Pinball if it was done right ? Does this style of pinball/theme appeal to anyone ? or is it only going to appeal to Lord of the Rings Pinball owners ? or is it too close to a LOTR machine.

Here is the clip for the Hobbitt which has a little more action in it.

Any new thoughts on STERN doing it instead of JJP, and any thoughts on the theme etc. ?  !@#  Will this machine work like the Lord of the Rings did ?
I imagine kids would definately play it if it was onsite.

Also, a good read here on Wikipedia with alot of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_hobbit
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:06:02 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: STERN - The Hobbit Pinball 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »
For the theme, i do not care if Stern or JJP makes it, the title does nothing for me

And why care if kids play it?
the Hobbit and LOTR is for an older crowd

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:03:04 PM »
Prefer Stern to do it so JJP can release a awesome theme as there number 2  ^^^

The Hobbit does zero for me.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »
Hobbit - shmobbit, I'm sick to death of these pathetic themes....where is the imagination?
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 07:07:18 PM »
For the theme, i do not care if Stern or JJP makes it, the title does nothing for me

And why care if kids play it?
the Hobbit and LOTR is for an older crowd

kids playing it might make a difference to pinball site operators ?

Seems no-one is really interested in the Hobbit.  Will the movie be a dud after the LOTR Trilogy ? More action with Orcs and all the nasty monsters would have been better for adult/hardcore fans.  It needed alot more blood n guts n more warfare scenes. I would have pushed the movie further into being alot more gritty than kid like but the movie rating would have changed n lost the kids they are targetting for this movie.
It seems the whole Gollom n elves n dwarves etc has been done to death with the first 3 movies etc. A bit of a yawn fest I am afraid.  :tumble:

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »

kids playing it might make a difference to pinball site operators ?

This is a false hope, but I will save the discusion for thread I am writing

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
Im looking forward to the film.. love a long marathon quality film and these are right up there with some of the Chinese films for epic dramas.

As for the pinball though.. noone cares cos we are all bored with the licence theme... its a case of same shit different horse isnt it?

Mike Homepin and i had a good discussion at Pinfest... we took a walk around and pointed out the highly regarded pins... Circus Voltaire... Monster Bash.. Medieval madness... etc.
All VERY highly regarded pins that retain value time and time again... all UNLICENCED and full of imagination.
personally, i was blown away by CV.. first time ive played one and what a cracking game it is... its THE WHOLE DEAL! Great game... GREAT artwork... eye candy PLUS... BG animation.

Is now on my wishlist, whereas any themed pin with its tacky graphic of the actors placed centre stage between the flippers.... ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( (((

... Say no more...

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:25 PM »

Is now on my wishlist, whereas any themed pin with its tacky graphic of the actors placed centre stage between the flippers....

... Say no more...

LIke Star Trek and The Amazing Spderman?

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »
Hobbit - shmobbit, I'm sick to death of these pathetic themes....where is the imagination?

There is no profit in imagination and a non licenced theme.
Btw...MB is licenced, Universal monsters are all property of universal films.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:20:00 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »

Is now on my wishlist, whereas any themed pin with its tacky graphic of the actors placed centre stage between the flippers....

... Say no more...

LIke Star Trek and The Amazing Spderman?

No printed tacky graphics between the flippers on those 2 Pete

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
Pass no interest at all

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »
I would like to see a machine made with 2 playfields like Black Knight 2000. Thats a killer of a game and sells within 5 minutes of being listed for big bucks. Why not use some of the ideas that have been highly successful before.

Sure, some will say its a remake, some will just complain no matter what is built, but some or alot of people might think its a great title or idea.

Does that mean that Stern/JJP are without good machines to build if there are only a handful of mediocre movies released this next 12 months ?

It will be funny if the Hobbit is a killer pinball and it has absolutely everything going for it, we might all have to change our minds n buy it.lol  %.%

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
Gav is right - some of the BEST and most sought after titles are NON licenced.

Getaway HSII, MM, CV, Junkyard, etc etc

I am not a big movie fan, I rarely go to the movies. I don't understand Hobbit, Lord of the Rings or any of the other myriad of shit they keep churning out to waste peoples time......I am not a buyer of ANYTHING that is themed, it doesn't sway me at all.

I couldn't care if a new Hobbit pin sold for $2K - I wouldn't buy it 'cause I have no idea what the theme is about AND I'm not interested in finding out.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »
First thoughts on a Hobbit machine would be no thanks.

I am a bit surprised that no-one has tried to do a Twilight or True Blood machine.  Not saying I am a fan of the whole licensed theme machine or those particular licenses but the whole Vampire thing is/was pretty big around the world.  I would love to see a good monster/supernatural type theme, it wouldn't necessarily have to be licensed.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 09:39:04 PM »
Gav is right - some of the BEST and most sought after titles are NON licenced.

Getaway HSII, MM, CV, Junkyard, etc etc

I am not a big movie fan, I rarely go to the movies. I don't understand Hobbit, Lord of the Rings or any of the other myriad of shit they keep churning out to waste peoples time......I am not a buyer of ANYTHING that is themed, it doesn't sway me at all.

I couldn't care if a new Hobbit pin sold for $2K - I wouldn't buy it 'cause I have no idea what the theme is about AND I'm not interested in finding out.

Of those only CV and MM are worth buyng and hold any value and even CV is on the decline..MM is a great game but way over-priced..maybe toss in TOM and TOTAN but those two are losing ground also in the $$ they once went for.  

Looks like you will have plenty of cash to save for older non themed pins or other pursuits in the future, can't see any non themed new pins any time soon, if at all.
If you were to start a new pinball company today and build only original themes I bet you would go broke quick smart.

The kids of today who are the future of pinball sales in the future if pinball is to survive will have little or no interest in games they can't associate with their childhood...ie movie themes etc until they really catch the bug and even then it is still up for debate.
Unfortunatley you are in the vast minority.

Btw, I think Hobbit is a crap theme also.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:41:33 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"