Author Topic: SEGA - production from 1994 to 1999  (Read 108 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
SEGA - production from 1994 to 1999
« on: September 30, 2012, 01:00:51 PM »
I have compiled a list of machines produced by SEGA between 1994 and 1999.
I have excluded 1 x only produced titles.

Here is the list of titles below

1994-01 Maverick (continued production from Data East)

1995-01 Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
1995-02 Baywatch
1995-07 Batman Forever
1995-10 Apollo 13

1996-03 Goldeneye 
1996-04 Twister
1996-07 Independence Day
1996-12 Space Jam 

1997-03 Star Wars Trilogy 
1997-06 The Lost World Jurassic Park 
1997-09 The X Files
1997-12 Starship Troopers

1998 Viper Night Drivin'
1998-08 Godzilla 
1998-05 Lost In Space
1998-06 Golden Cue         
1998-08 Godzilla

1999-02 South Park
1999-09 Harley-Davidson®

Interesting to note -

At some stage during 1999 STERN Pinball acquired SEGA and some models produced by SEGA had already started using the STERN Whitestar boards.

Sega pinball machines were quite ahead of their time with titles like Starship Troopers and 5 other titles incorporating the different style concave headbox. It is interesting to look at these models produced by Sega because there is a large leap forward with the technology used in production with the computer boards and alot of the wiring harness and underplayfield hardware had been scaled down due to improvements in technology.
The very large computer boards of the past were now gone and the advancement of simplyfying production and un-needed costs were well n truly on their way. One only needs to look over a later model Sega game like Starship Troopers and you can see the modern design philosophy used.

During this period, the game design of playfield flow and speed were something that the designers had focused on alot more with most Sega games playing extremely fast compared to other manufacturers of the same time.
Unique headbox shapes with games like Godzilla and Lost in Space were introduced, games like Starship Troopers and the other 5 titles had unique concave headboxes, giving those titles a much more futuristic look, and games like Viper Night Drivin incorporated the first ever Glow balls used in a pinball game. Games like Lost World Jurrasic Park had mechanical toys/devices that picked up balls from the playfield which were extremely technicaL and advanced.

Overall, these games were just as good if not better than the other manufacturers of their times, but to this day, primarily due to lower production numbers, alot of people dont realise just how great these Sega branded games really are until they play them. Alot of Sega games can be purchased at very affordable rates, and more and more people are collecting these titles once they have played them.

Sega went on to become STERN, and to this day, most Stern games have a very similar design philosophy as the Sega games did.

I hope this list has helped people identify and remember the great Sega games that were produced.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !