Author Topic: Caution - Mad Amusements  (Read 1132 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Caution - Mad Amusements
« on: October 14, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
just thought to warn people that on pinside there is a hot topic of Mad Amusements - not communicating or delivering. So purchase with caution.

I am not saying don't purchase but use caution as there seems to be a hell of alot of guys complaining on RPG and Pinside and there was a thread on here but couldn't find it - confirming alot of the same comments - non delivery, poor communication and abusive responses at times

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-gets-called-to-the-carpet-by-cpr

personally I only purchased once but that was 18 months ago without a drama but a bit hesitate now.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:24:10 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Warning - Mad Amusements
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:18:04 AM »
I have heard a lot of good and bad things about Mad.....

Perhaps they are just slack, perhaps it's a hobby business (like Homepin) ad he can't devote the time at the moment, perhaps his cat was just run over (that would be reason for celebration &&) - who knows what's happening in peoples lives???
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Warning - Mad Amusements
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »
EDIT
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:22:06 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Caution - Mad Amusements
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »
Edit - downsized from a Warning to a Caution as don't want to de-fame some one but just caution people - hopefully like what Homepin said the guy is going through some thing and will come out at the other side providing to the pinballers out there.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »
I've done a few orders with then now... never had a problem. Once they were a little slow to respond to an email i sent, and yes they can be a bit slow sending stuff out but everything i've ordered has arrived intact.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:28:26 AM »
I doubt anyone sets up a business like MAD with the intention of taking small orders and not sending out the goods. As Mike says, chances are that he has other things to attend to also.

When i get an order for stencils, i dont drop everything to make the customers stencils... they are scheduled in with everything else that goes on, sometimes that schedule goes tits up on me... it happens.. what do you do?

My experience with pinball fanatics is that they get emotionally involved and want everything immediately... for some reason common sense often disappears with pinheads.
Comments on Pinside, RGP etc should always be taken with a pinch of salt, i recently had to check out a dealer in US and looked to RGP to see if there was any feedback on him... there was and it was all negative.
Comments like:
Always gets the upperhand in a deal
Wont budge on price
Takes too long to send pictures.

These are the bleatings of buyers who bought machines but wanted them cheaper or expected the guy to drop everything to take some pictures... the same comments came with a warning to deal with caution.

I dont know anything about MAD.. never dealt with them and dont have much need to in the future but i do know to take the anonamous wingeings on a forum with a dose of salt

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »
I doubt anyone sets up a business like MAD with the intention of taking small orders and not sending out the goods. As Mike says, chances are that he has other things to attend to also.

When i get an order for stencils, i dont drop everything to make the customers stencils... they are scheduled in with everything else that goes on, sometimes that schedule goes tits up on me... it happens.. what do you do?

Valid point, though all that is needed is a simple email to say, yep got the money and will be X amount of days or weeks and your job is in the cue, most people would appreciate it. Basic friendly communication goes along way as well as honesty.

In the end this thread was just to make people aware, and give them a educated choice.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »

Valid point, though all that is needed is a simple email to say, yep got the money and will be X amount of days or weeks and your job is in the cue, most people would appreciate it. Basic friendly communication goes along way as well as honesty.

In the end this thread was just to make people aware, and give them a educated choice.

Yep.. agreed.
Like i said, i dont know much about MAD or the situation, but if money has exchanged hands and he is not replying to emails enquiring about  where the goods are then..Yes... thats just plain rude.
I never ask for payment until goods are packed and ready to go... often they are already posted and in the hands of the recipient and they are emailing me asking how to pay...LOL

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »

I have cautioned members of earlier threads to take care with this vendor, as there has been way too much smoke to not be a fire. Sure, some members have had good dealings, but there has been a pattern of non-delivery claims for overseas buyers for several years now. Given the quality suppliers locally (eg RTBB) and a lot of other choices overseas, it is worth thinking hard about the possible risks given the number of complaints.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »
It is interesting that CPR are now hammering Mad publicly on the forums - watch this space I think..... ()
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »
Never had a problem. Looking at placing an order for something no one else seems to have, but may hold off now.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline shootar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • brisbane
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 08:57:24 PM »
I think he may have some health issues. Mike has always come through for but I never go there when I need something asap.....
The mallard anas platyrhynchos is not all he's quacked up to be.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »
Always expect to have to chase Mike (MAD) up with delivery and be ready for his pathetic excuses as to why he hasn't sent the order yet.

Unless there is absolutely no-one else stocking the item you need, I wouldn't bother personally.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 10:43:58 AM »
Its amazing how different people can have such DIFFERENT results.  Never had a problem in 3 years and 20 orders.

Something aint right for it to be sooo hit n miss. If I had a issue i would send him a email and publish/post the reply, but I havent got anything to complain about at all. I will update the moment I have a hassle.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline casperthefriendly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 12:55:03 AM »
I've ordered from him twice with no issue. His range is good and his prices are great, but delivery times are pot luck.

The last time I ordered, my mate ordered a similar $200 bunch of stuff a couple of days later. Mine turned up in 2 1/2 weeks with no dramas, my mate's took over 6 weeks.