Author Topic: Pinpal's Flash Gordon  (Read 1613 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Pinpal's Flash Gordon
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:35:35 PM »
Just playing my Flash Gordon and thought I would post a picture of it lite without a flash. Tried to capture the strobe lite but as its only on for a second its not easy..
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:17:12 PM by PinPal »

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Pinpal's Flash Gordon
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »
Looks great thanks for posting. This is definatly a title I'd like to own.  *%*

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
Always liked the look of this title but never played one or even seen one are they a rare title in Oz?

Peter

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 11:24:03 PM »
I also would like one   I use to play this at roxy pic Theater in Parramatta  #*#

Its very high on my wish list      yours is looking very nice             Howzat                     

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
First time I seen a Bally Flash Gordon was in a Pinball  Parlor in Elizabeth st  Melbourne just a couple of doors down from Batman Records, must have been the late 80s.
And I am a big fan of the Flash Gordon Movie, FG pin was on my wanted games list for a while.

Got mine from  www.pinballclassics.com  You can see mine is still in there under Bally Games.
I belive my FG came over in a container from Germany and It had been in sorage for a while.

I bought this one as the playfeild is very good for a 31 year old game BG is about a 8/10 and the cab is 7/10 .
Had a couple of transistors replaced in the lamp driver board and the Aux lamp driver that controls the chacer lights at the top of the BG.

Bought a compleat used set of FG plastics from the US just to replace two badly chiped plastics.
Am very happy with it , its a grate game...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:49:04 PM by PinPal »

Offline Abren

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »
Wow man. I think flash would have to be one of the main pins id like to get and this just confirms it.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 10:11:23 PM »
Hey Pinpal, do you have LEDs in yours or the standard incandescent lights? Personally I like the LEDs in the dmd machines but in anything older I think it's good to keep them original with a warmer light, but with FG I'm in two minds.  My playfield swap will start soon but I'm probably still leaning towards the incandescents.