Author Topic: Heighway Pinball - Full Throttle (Motorbike racing theme)  (Read 80752 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
PC based = DISASTER!!!! -  no matter how 'whizzy' the playfield is.....no future...my $0.02
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Cant wait to see the Chain Loop Accelerator in action.. vertical loops... i like it!

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Interesting idea that LCD in the lower pf !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I didn't pick this up at first and some one brought it up on pin side - interesting idea

The flippers no longer have to assembly through the playfield, they are a kit that just bolts in.. I think this is a great idea - these guys are thinking  ^^^

"Hi Guys,

There is a nylon flipper infill that sits below the flipper bat and level with the playfield wood surface.
The flipper bat is at the normal height you would expect on most machines
If the ball passes a raised flipper bat, then it will roll over a smooth nylon surface and then through till it drains

Andrew"

"We are looking to have a launch party towards the end of February in Central London
We are hoping to have 2 pre-production models on display there"
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline HeighwayPinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hi Guys,

Very interesting to read all your comments.

If I can answer any questions then please let me know.

Andrew

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
 %)% Andrew
maybe start your own thread on your business and keep us Aussies informed?
that would be cool to have an answer straight form the horses mouth.
ie.when, how much, what titles etc etc
I am sure you will find most people really want this to work for not only you but pinball in general
Oh Yeah and why did you kill Circes??????  ^.^ was really looking forward to this original theme.
Cheers Andy ^^^
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline HeighwayPinball

• Forum Posts:
Hi Oldskool,

Thanks for your comments - they are much appreciated.

Re: Circe - don't worry, she's not dead. We have plans to bring her back at some point.

I will look to get a new thread started.

Andrew

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Andrew stated this else where, and glad you found us  ^^^

Over the next couple of years we are looking to release a mixture of licensed and unlicensed titles. We have at least 1 more title scheduled for release this year.

Price is due to be revealed within the next 2 weeks, when we will also be launching our website.

We are looking to begin production in April and begin delivering to customers in May.

As our game code is essentially complete now, we are expecting our games to ship out with finished game code - although that's not to say that we won't be doing updates in the future - especially if any bugs materialise over time

As for production numbers? We will be geared up for mass production so we should be able to deal with the market's needs sufficiently

Finally, we are working hard to keep the price down as much as possible. We already have distributers in a number of countries, including the USA - so high shipping costs should not be an issue as distributers import quantities of games

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them

Andrew

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I didnt like this much to start off with, but it has evolved to be even better than what i thought it would be.

I am not a fan of the LCD in the playfield, but I am imagining the audio to be very good.

Well done to these guys for having a red hot crack at it for sure.  ^^^

...also, dont the pop bumpers for wheels look good, some great thought was put into this design.....it looks very nice, and who doesnt like nice long looping ramp shots...very good flow i reckon it will have...hope the chain drive is a winner, and if its designed to be bullet proof will be very unique....looks fun hey.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:37:39 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I'm not into motorbikes but this looks great and some fresh ideas......  #*# Andrew and team

for pinball t-shirts

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Really looking forward to seeing the LCD screen on the playfield, this will be a great feature imo.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Really looking forward to seeing the LCD screen on the playfield, this will be a great feature imo.

I agree  *%* those ramps look sweet too   ()

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
One important question hasn't been answered....is it PC based?

If it is it will prove to be a monumental disaster I'm afraid......it matters not how fantastic the game play, build quality, theme etc is.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
One important question hasn't been answered....is it PC based?

If it is it will prove to be a monumental disaster I'm afraid......it matters not how fantastic the game play, build quality, theme etc is.
I don't understand why the issue with this Mr Homepin? At the end of the day it is all electronic in some way, isn't it?
Can you relate to me why you are so against this format and that IF it is, it will be a disaster.
I want to understand your reasoning
Cheers  ^^^
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I asked the question on pinside if it was proc, pinterface, other....

answer was "We have our own custom operating system."

Their machines are also going to be a playfield changeout system including changing the back box translite and the new cabinet side translites and said with 10 minutes you can have another game up and running - finally some great innovation - liking the cabinet translite idea as well as quick flipper unit change outs. So now one cabinet and then buy extra playfields - and the playfield will come in a box for storage on on selling.  ^^^

well done guys  ^^^

for pinball t-shirts