Author Topic: Heighway Pinball - Full Throttle (Motorbike racing theme)  (Read 80738 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I get the feeling that he might want to finalise / look into a distribution base here as it won't be long until production starts.

He stated that he is setting up his own warehouse and distributorship in the US so he can effectively keep some of the money in his pocket which is fair enough.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline fireaway

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Anyone wanting to play it...
There's one at Zax Amusements, Port Melb.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Thats cool. Really looking forward to this manufacturer and games to follow.
Love to hear a report on how it is.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Anyone wanting to play it...
There's one at Zax Amusements, Port Melb.

We now have an Australian distributor:  Zax Amusements! @@*

http://heighwaypinball.com/distribution/

So we should have prices available soon.  Nothing yet on their website (http://www.zax.com.au)

Zax are also a Stern distributor (via AMD). 

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
I went down to Zax Amusements today and had a few games on Full Throttle. A few initial thoughts:

Its a big, wide game and looks even wider because of the thick bezel around the playfield glass. You really feel like you are standing in front of something substantial. It dwarfs the Kiss machine next to it and after I played a few games and moved over to the Kiss it felt kind of cramped in comparison.
It has a very open, modern feel. Partly because of the layout and partly because there are no switches in areas such as the outlanes. The game is very fast however, it didn't feel like there was too much space. There are heaps of shots.

Everything is super smooth. The ramps feel satisfying and solid when you hit them. The flippers are strong and seemed very light, almost effortless to flip. I played Judge Dredd afterwards which felt much heavier and almost clunky in comparison. The flippers have superbands on them.

One thing I liked was that a ball coming down the inlane could be cradled easily, even when it was going very fast.

The LCD in the playfield was cool. It gave plenty of information, especially when you were in a 'race'. This particular model did not have the LCD in the backbox which I actually felt was OK, but the backbox LCD would be a nice addition.

There was heaps of code. I started several modes and different multiballs but I felt that I had only scratched the surface. The game was a lot of fun, not really a theme I am interested in but I would like to play it more on location. I can't remember the exact price, but it is about 10 grand, a similar price to the premium Sterns which they sell there as well. The staff were very friendly and enthusiastic and seemed to be happy for me to stay and play this and the other machines as long as I liked. I'd encourage people to go down and have a look.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:00:03 PM by solar value »

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
good write up Dude, would love to play one and even maybe with a few crew over here pitch in and get one???????????

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
Heighway Pinball - Full Throttle (Motorbike racing theme)
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2015, 11:06:03 PM »
Thanks for the write up. Wife and I hoping to go down at some stage to have a gander, as interested in Alien and would be good to see how full throttle plays as a baseline :)

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
full game play video
utoplay=1&rel=0

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Cheers for video :) no toys? Just a turning head and a motorbike thingy am I missing something?

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
i like it!

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Full Throttle Tutorial by Bowan

utoplay=1&rel=0

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Great game, loved it and I am not a fan of motor racing at all.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
That looks fantastic - great use of colour screen and looks like some great rules

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Heck of a first effort, looks really fast, and that screen works so well - what a great spot for the info, much better than the normal DMD position. Does seem a little misaligned though with the top of the score info obscured??

One thing - that dude at the ball lock is rather creepy - Swinks - mod needed!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”