Author Topic: elektra issues  (Read 1991 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: elektra issues
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 11:11:08 PM »
listen to beaky not me - hes forgotten more than i'll ever know.  
thanks but there is no use checking any connectors on the boards in the back box until he has verified all the voltages are right on the rectifier board like you have suggested   ^^^

as the board says there are HIGH VOLTAGES present so take care when poking around with your multimeter

also Strangeways has had a lot of experience with these machines so he has some very good pointers to follow also  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:13:53 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 12:53:15 AM »
Probably at the point where the game might need to be looked at. The fuse holders might be fatigued as well.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline wiredoug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Werribee Vic
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 01:03:33 AM »
vanhos is a sparky from memory .. so he's safe in the high voltage section.

i'm easily bribed if you want help reworking the boards vanhos but its nothing you cant handle if you go step by step methodical approach

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »
Thanks guys. I will check out all the test points and get back to you. I will check the power supply first.

Currently relaxing on the murry river. But will be back in the icy cold weather of home on Saturday.

I have noticed a few other small issues as well but baby steps first.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »
i turned on the machine today and did some tests.

MPU

t1    5v
t2    14.6v
t3    23.4v
t5    5v

solonoid driver

t1   5v
t2   182v
t3   5v
t4   260v
t5   14v

lamp driver

5v

as-2518-54

t1   8.3v
t2   261v
t3   16.3v
t4   6.7v ac
t5   47v

at the fuses on the as-2518-54 both sides.

f1 5.7v ac
f2 109v ac
f3 7.5v ac
f4 29.6v ac
f5 6.5v ac

i also noticed the score registering points on the outhole kicker and other switches giving a lot higher scores than normal still no flippers.

what do you guys think
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 09:16:36 PM »
Any body no the part number for these posts and rubbers. Struggling to find some. As the plastic on the right was missing when I bought it plus the posts.

Any body have any for sale or better still send me in the right direction.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »
Hey hi guys was cleaning out my elektra the other day and I noticed these (triacs aren't they) one is on a angle not sure if its buggered or not. Also one of these controls the lower playfields doesn't it.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2014, 05:41:22 PM »
So I got all my boards back from the magician ( beaky). Installed them and all faults have been rectified. Apart from a bent switch and the lower playfield issue. With the switch adjusted I can now consintrate on this dam lower playfeild.

Here is what I no now:

555 globe is new. (Needed for relay to work)

Relay works fine. Beaky tested it. (See below)

Replaced both triacs on the power supply plate. (See pics)

Traced all cabling as per drawing. Seems fine.

Replaced test switch for lower flippers.

Both small expander boards have been reconditioned.

So when the game goes into elektra mode both top and middle gi turns off. (CORRECT)
But no lights come on (lower playfeild) or the lower flippers don't work. However the ball kicks out and targets register during the elektra mode time.

Here is the interesting part. I put the machine into switch test mode (for solonoieds) and pressed the test button under the playfeild. Bingo or do I say confused one of the gi globes on the lower playfeild lights up. I can hear the relay click and the 555 globe turns on aswell with every press. But no flippers.

So I'm thinking I have wiring issues. Any ideas.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:44:01 PM by vanhos »
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »
This is the globe that turns on instead of the flippers.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »
Update.
Played around today and now in sw test mode on solonoieds with the under playfeild switch held in the same arrow light comes on plus when I press each flipper button I get the lower playfeild flippers to work ( there is a sequence of all solonoieds in test mode so I hade to wait to test either side).
Also I run up over 20 elektra points and then let the ball finish so I could see if it went to elektra mode (lower playfeild) still no action. But when I held in the test button ( under the playfeild ) I could use the bottom flippers (top flippers stopped working).
So I'm thinking the relay is not getting a signal to switch over in elektra mode. I will study the drawings tonight.
Still not sure why the arrow lights up and nothing else does.
HOS

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2014, 05:56:17 PM »
Sorry haven't read the whole thread but my lower Playfield didn't work when I got it and it turned out to be a blown globe under the Playfield.  If the globe is blown the relay doesn't work.   So look under the boat field fr a globe socket just screwed there and replace the globe.

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2014, 06:06:15 PM »
Yep globe is fine. Also lights up when in test sw mode.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2014, 08:38:39 PM »
Update 2.

Couldn't help myself and after tea I went and checked on a few things. There was some electrical tape wrapped around a bunch of cables in behind the back glass so I decided to pull it off and see whats under neith, to my suprise nothing ahhhh ( for sure I thought Brocken wires fix them up and every thing would work).

So no idea why the tape was there. But while I was looking I noticed there was a group of cables coming off the side of the GI door then going into a connector then going back onto the GI door!!!! I opened them up and found the pin configuration was different to each other. I was confused (pulling my hair out here) I then stuck my hand down the hole in the back box into the base and low and behold I found another group of cables coming up from the base going into connectors then going back down into the base. I pulled these apart and noticed different configurations again. I then matched these up to the other cables coming of the GI door, cable colours matched to. So I plugged them together matching each pin configuration cable colours matched too well 90% of colours match.

Turned game on and played a game all good no difference to anything until I went into elektra mode (still nothing) I pressed the test sw under the playfield now the mystery arrow does not lite up.

So I'm assuming these connectors should of been connected in there new configuration instead of back feeding through each other. (Hope every one is understanding this)

I'm hoping with the cables back feeding I have not damaged any boards or equipment.

After all this I'm still chasing the lower playfield issue.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »
Few voltages.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts: