Author Topic: P3 Pinball - pre-orders being taken for Lexy Lightspeed  (Read 54132 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Big fan of the concept although I have reservations of too much video. The playfield is too open. I know there are digital targets to hit, but pinball is also about taking risks, and that means targets that can cause ball drains if not hit sweetly. So this system would need physical obstructions in the middle of the pf as well, not just up the top but can't see how this could be done. I can see a good player never losing a ball pretty much with this configuration. Dunno?

I've heard a few people say similar things. Gerry Stellenberg (the main designer) has stated in the past that they are working on ways to have more "floating" playfield elements which can be placed in the lower portion of the playfield, such as ramps, pop bumpers and even "reverse" scoops. I think once they accomplish that there may be a lot more interest.

Every part of the machine is modular. Other than the upper playfield, you can also swap out the flippers, the targets down the side of the playfield, the flipper button panels, etc. for different configurations. So there is the flexibility for different games to be physically very different.