Author Topic: APR on facebook  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
APR on facebook
« on: November 02, 2012, 11:23:55 PM »

I thought I'd never see the day..

I've joined Facebook as "Australian Pinball Restorations" to widen my boundaries outside of Aussie Pinball. It is a Business decision, rather than a social requirement ! NOTHING changes as far as AP is concerned - All my restos etc will still be documented here. I'm just "branching out" a little - to test the water, from a business perspective.. I don't have a personal Facebook account, and I probably won't even create one.

I can't give a link out as google and Bing don't know me yet - but if you are on Facebook - you can find me as "Australian Pinball Restorations".
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: APR on facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
I'll like you if you like me back  :o)  (Drift Inn)
Addicted to pins.

Offline TSPP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
I'll like you if you like me back  :o)  (Drift Inn)

+1 I'll like you if you like my business too. Miteq  &&
.....something witty here

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 02:06:23 PM »
I thought I'd never see the day..

:lol

seriously though Well done Nino  ^^^

I too was VERY anti facebook (i still am to a point), i only joined last weekend for no other reason than to see what my family and friends were putting on there  :D

i knew there just HAD to be a practical reason for its existance, now that your business is on there being one good reason   *%* maybe i should look into doing something similar  #@#
I had a look this morning, your website looks good too btw  ^^^
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:12:32 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »
Yesterday i only had 354 facebook friends.
Today will see me with 355  :lol

See u there Nino <.>
DW Drums rule !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 06:47:30 PM »

Nice one mate - I have a  Stalkbook page for my business too, it is useful for that.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 07:49:49 PM »
wotto liked APR, and it's appeared on my FB page. FB works, allthough I loathe much about it.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 08:24:16 PM »
Not sure that ive ever obtained any business from Facebook but its a good way to profile all the things that dont need to go onto your website... anyhow... NPSIGNS also " liked" APR

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »

Trying to get used to the sloppy interface. I always hated Facebook, but it is difficult to manage and navigate. I put photos in an album, and then they "scatter" across my page according to the timeline.

Thanks to everyone for "liking" my page. For some STUPID reason, I can't "like" you all back ? I would have thought I just click your facebook name and it takes me to your page and I "like" your page. But I have no "like" icon visible on your page. I've also waited two days for the "verification code" so I can create a "username" so google can find me. Facebook "support" is hopeless !

I'll work it out next week sometime..

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 02:26:10 AM »

Trying to get used to the sloppy interface. I always hated Facebook, but it is difficult to manage and navigate. I put photos in an album, and then they "scatter" across my page according to the timeline.

Thanks to everyone for "liking" my page. For some STUPID reason, I can't "like" you all back ? I would have thought I just click your facebook name and it takes me to your page and I "like" your page. But I have no "like" icon visible on your page. I've also waited two days for the "verification code" so I can create a "username" so google can find me. Facebook "support" is hopeless !

I'll work it out next week sometime..

ok as a business page you cant like just people from that profile, its a spam protection thing. the idea is members which business they like not a business choosing randoms to join, you can like other business pages however. if you want to friend people you will need a personal account.

anyways even if you arent gaining new customers from it these updates on them are good for your current customers if you get them to join and will help with loyalty, at least it can be that way till you grow your fan base then you get a better viral reach and certainly then helps with gaining new customers, mostly its about helping your businesses profile. its a good way to learn about a business by their facebook page, and a good way to sell your business to people.

dont worry about where your pictures apear, the user will see them. its not like a traditional website, Im subscribed to your page mate, heres what it looks like when i logged into my facebook.

Your update you did appeared on my news feed, in case you are wondering how people see your posts. this is how, because when i log into my facebook i get a list of all my friends and likes updates, i dont have to go onto their page to see it, i just get shown them as soon as i log in, this is how people are kept informed of whats going on when you post something, the order it appears on your page isnt of importance,

now if i click like of those pictures that you posted that appear on my page news, guess what it will post on every one of my friends page saying Jason coultis like Apr pictures, if im really nice i can click SHARE, and that will post your images on my personal time line. another handy part Nino is at the bottom of post you make on your page you can see how many people have seen your posts, it will tell you how many are seen by friends being "Organic" and by "viral", ViraL is viewings by friend of friend of friends of friends and so on, ive included a view of the stats to help you understand Viral and Organic, once you start to grow your page abit, at first it wont be so clear cut as mine as its more established, so i thought mine would make a good example of how it all works, hope that helps cheers
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:15:38 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 03:31:56 AM »
Ill explain those stats quickly, i have 276 people who are subscribed to my page via Like, those 276 people might not sound like much but they expose me to 66792 people, on a perfect situation. 50 people are talking about my page at the time i took that snap shot meaning they are actually talking about my buisnes that goes up and down all the time as you can see, by the up arrow, now this week i have derectly reached 6,149 of those people, thats how many people have seen my buisness out of those 66792 people, i could have easily been more but i direct target at the moment im not targeting all 66792, im targeting new people who have recently moved to a 25km radius of my town, people who like food and eating out, people who are motor cars, and people who are over the age of 20, and people who like to travel.
i change that demographic and direct targeting every now and again, also my stats go up and down depending on what i post and how often, its up a bit this week as ive been doing a bit of posting, i test the water and advertise one Items and see how much sales improve on that item to see if those figures relate to better sales, and it does majority of the time, last week i was advertising one of our burgers, and from that time of post onwards we had the biggest sales of it.
there is allot of strategy involved with online marketing and there are ways to test if its working or not, but keep in mind you have to first get the correct audience before this helps with sales, and that can take time, but once it happens its very successful way of marketing
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:05:29 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 12:28:15 PM »

Hi Jason - Thanks for explaining it to me. I did a bit or reading last night and you are correct. As a Business account, I can't "like" people back (sorry guys!).

I've worked out the pictures and the relationship with the timeline. I posted the CFTBL last night as a test and it worked well.

I can see the marketing potential with a Facebook Business page. It certainly will reach people outside of Forums, which will help raise awareness of my services.

My facebook page URL now works ;

http://www.facebook.com/AustralianPinballRestorations

^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
In order for your business to " like" back you have to type the name in the search bar and then you can click " like"... this is how NPSIGNS liked APR

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
In order for your business to " like" back you have to type the name in the search bar and then you can click " like"... this is how NPSIGNS liked APR

yer thats how you can like one business to another, you cant like some ones personal account who may like your page just a buisness page, it also helps to promote other business in your area, i promote other shops in my town, its good PR lol

now that i think about it REtro i might like your page now i know you have one, if a business person on my page sees your neons they might be interested, i might add you to my time line, ill do that at  better time so more people will see, it could be worth targeting business.

can you post your url Retro?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:54:23 PM by Olivia_jason »