Author Topic: Stern Speaker lighting and speaker characters - Pinball Toppers  (Read 16839 times)

Offline Supadave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hi David and welcome to AP,i have recieved and installed my light kits into my LOTR and POTC and pics as  posted on pinside look great,BUT once you see them in the flesh they look Awesome.I will try to get some pics up myself shortly,but all i can say is these are a great mod and very well made,and easy to install  @@*.

So glad to see that they made to ya ok. That's a long way for them to go. How did you mount the pirates? I like them in 3d mode myself. I'm just wondering what you did. I haven't heard much on the POTC but from what I have heard it seems like in front has been the popular way to go.

David

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Hi David and welcome to AP,i have recieved and installed my light kits into my LOTR and POTC and pics as  posted on pinside look great,BUT once you see them in the flesh they look Awesome.I will try to get some pics up myself shortly,but all i can say is these are a great mod and very well made,and easy to install  @@*.

So glad to see that they made to ya ok. That's a long way for them to go. How did you mount the pirates? I like them in 3d mode myself. I'm just wondering what you did. I haven't heard much on the POTC but from what I have heard it seems like in front has been the popular way to go.

David
I mounted the POTC in the 3d mode,i had one side done in this way and the other side with it in front also but with the grill right behind it.After turning it on the 3d mode is so much better.Cheers Tony.

Offline Supadave

• Forum Posts:
I mounted the POTC in the 3d mode,i had one side done in this way and the other side with it in front also but with the grill right behind it.After turning it on the 3d mode is so much better.Cheers Tony.
[/quote]

yeah, That's what I came to find out too. Turns out that some acrylics look better mounted in different ways. Kinda cool that with the 3 ways to install there is always some way to make the acrylic look good. TSPP is another that looks good in 3d mode but not so much on the other ways. Now, ACDC bolts I like them in peek-a-boo or stealth mode. They look really good hidden behind the grill as does Xmen. LOTR is a must to install in normal front mode along with other mirrored acrylics. We are about to release more designs soon. Avatar, and some others.

David

Offline Sgtmax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
This would look great with my blue dmd but there always out of stock. Must get snapped up fast

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Hey all

I saw Punters 2 games in the flesh with these units installed for the 1st time today.
These mods are simply OUTSTANDING and I am amazed they havent been discussed further by the community.
Maybe more of us need to see these in the flesh to understand how good they look

GREAT work  #*#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Supadave

• Forum Posts:
Hey all

I saw Punters 2 games in the flesh with these units installed for the 1st time today.
These mods are simply OUTSTANDING and I am amazed they havent been discussed further by the community.
Maybe more of us need to see these in the flesh to understand how good they look

GREAT work  #*#

Thanks for the nice words. There is a group from Australia that is putting together an order to go out most likely next Monday. We ran out of kits but will have more by Friday and will be able to complete the order but will use the weekend to get everything packed. Anyways, there is more heading your way so hopefully more will have the chance to see them. Also, last week I recall shipping 4 or 5 separate orders to Australia. Every day in general our sales numbers are rising. We are starting to have a tough time keeping up which is good news overall.

Thanks
David
www.pinballtoppers.com

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Hey all

GREAT work  #*#

Thanks for the nice words. There is a group from Australia that is putting together an order to go out most likely next Monday. We ran out of kits but will have more by Friday and will be able to complete the order but will use the weekend to get everything packed. Anyways, there is more heading your way so hopefully more will have the chance to see them. Also, last week I recall shipping 4 or 5 separate orders to Australia. Every day in general our sales numbers are rising. We are starting to have a tough time keeping up which is good news overall.

Thanks
David
www.pinballtoppers.com

I think I am that group   #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Hey all

Got our kits and installed them - WOW
For those of you that like / enjoy bling and mods like this - perfect  ^^^
Like most things they look better in RL than a photo

Deal with David with confidence guys - GREAT service and product and easy to install.
Remote control has a heap of colour options, fade out/in's or flash and you can ( somehow, yet to learn ) do some customs colour change selections yourself :)

DW Drums rule !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Wow they look awesome! You sure have a nice machine there ^^^ Gotta love mods hey.

Peter

Offline Supadave

• Forum Posts:
Wotto, the kits look great. Little tip, you should do the 3d install method for Metallica. It will look twice as nice. The details are in the back of the manual. But here is a quick guide to help as well. Trust me you won't be disappointed. We have discovered that most kits look better with the 3d method.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Wotto, the kits look great. Little tip, you should do the 3d install method for Metallica. It will look twice as nice. The details are in the back of the manual. But here is a quick guide to help as well. Trust me you won't be disappointed. We have discovered that most kits look better with the 3d method.

Will check that out - cheers
DW Drums rule !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
yep - heaps better - thanks for the heads up.
Better in many regards.
Compare to pic above in thread

Hides the speaker from being so 'seen'
Plus what you cant see in this photo is that the grill is physically visible about 15mm behind the hand -which looks good too.
Now the grill holes dont show through the hand either

DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
yep - heaps better - thanks for the heads up.
Better in many regards.
Compare to pic above in thread

Hides the speaker from being so 'seen'
Plus what you cant see in this photo is that the grill is physically visible about 15mm behind the hand -which looks good too.
Now the grill holes dont show through the hand either

looks heaps better  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Supadave

• Forum Posts:
Fixed the link to the picture. Sorry about that. I would have just edited the old post but couldn't figure out how. Oh well.