Author Topic: Most popular pins (other than ACDC & WOZ)  (Read 770 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Most popular pins (other than ACDC & WOZ)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
yep, dmd machines to importers meansd more $$/profit...
Ninos points are spot on about demand for older games, cause whilst newbies might go for dmd, most experienced collectors/players will always want to buy SS and older as well to have a varied mix of all eras......

dmd containers are rarely all pre-sold before arriving, but containers full of SS and EM usually are pretty much sold out b4 the container lands, if not sold very very soon thereafter.....

I only have the one x Phoenix 1978 machine (over and above all the dmd titles) but I wouldnt ever sell the Phoenix because older games are much harder to replace, and have alot more sentimental value to us 40 plus year olds. Its only when u stick a dmd machine next to a SS game or wahtever, do they compliment each other and really highlight each others differences and strengths.  I often call pre dmd machines pure pinball, because its all about making the right shots without all the distractions.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 01:03:30 AM »
And thats why I have a bunch of Woodrails and Wedge heads heading over because I love the purity and the nostalgia they radiant.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:04 AM »
And thats why I have a bunch of Woodrails and Wedge heads heading over because I love the purity and the nostalgia they radiant.

Well done Tony, will be great to see more info on this when the time is close. Excellent.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 01:45:09 AM »
A mate of mine has done apx nine containers, pinshed would have double that, mark has done a dozen min, bike city has done dozen, wayne has done close to ten, that's fifty containers already, plus oscars ten, Ddaz has done four plus, plus oz pinball has done seven plus, amd does one hundred machines a year, that's prob a dozen in five years, game works has done five, Kenny priest has done apx eight, another guy in qld has done three I know of, judge boz in Adelaide has done two or three, plus ninos two or three, the list goes on, it's easily gets to over one hundred containers.....u wouldn't think so but it adds up very very quickly.....

i recon it comes down simply to your clients as to what pins would be requested. but i still recon the best judge of what is popular or not would be looking at the list of pins people own on this forum, there is data here already to get that idea. i notice pinball shed is taking a whiles to move on data east and sterns atm, most of the gtb and bally ss games and bally dmds and sys11s he had are almost gone from that last container

but i bet what a importer sells and doesnt sell would vary week to week. he said he had months on end where zacs would out sell dmd's and sys11's. then dmds would be better sellers, then old ss bally's would be best sellers.

I personally recon DMD's get swapped out more often from collections than ss's and sys11. i do think dmd's would sell the most often but are kept the least in a lineup, i have had more trouble trying to find sys11 titles i want than i have dmd's, most of the sys11s i wont that are held in collections not on ebay.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:51:26 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »

I salute you, Tony !

My next two containers are mainly rare and collectible SS, EMs and only a handful of DMDs. Included is a HUO Bally "Fireball" which only collectors would appreciate the value. Straight into my private collection !

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 12:58:44 PM »
That's from only one seller, and I'm sure each seller has different clients, I doubt that is reflection on aus wide, you would get a better idea of popular machines in Australia by this forum owner list

I agree with the above comment! But I wonder how many non forum members are out there with pinballs versus forum members?

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »
That's from only one seller, and I'm sure each seller has different clients, I doubt that is reflection on aus wide, you would get a better idea of popular machines in Australia by this forum owner list

I agree with the above comment! But I wonder how many non forum members are out there with pinballs versus forum members?

Peter

id say lots,
so it wouldnt be 100% but surely would be more accurate than going off what just one seller has found.
but in saying that we have pretty vast number of people here buying from a vast number of pinball dealers and private, so id recon it would be enough numbers to get a prety good data of the most popular machines by numbers of people owning them.

i would think many of those titles would be towards the top end, but i do recon there would be a a few older games in that list. just from what i have seen people with around this forum and what they are working on atm
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:19:53 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »

Peter

id say lots,
so it wouldnt be 100% but surely would be more accurate than going off what just one seller has found.
but in saying that we have pretty vast number of people here buying from a vast number of pinball dealers and private, so id recon it would be enough numbers to get a prety good data of the most popular machines by numbers of people owning them.

i would think many of those titles would be towards the top end, but i do recon there would be a a few older games in that list. just from what i have seen people with around this forum and what they are working on atm

Yep I agree one seller isn't a fair gauge on what's popular and what's not we probably won't ever know the true percentage, it always amazes me how it's hard to find certain games although they made thousands of them :-) and where I work there's 3 blokes that have pinballs that aren't on forums they just have games in there games room.

Peter

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »

Peter

And there's the rub. Non forum members are going to be heading to the nearest dealer for advice and they are going to recommend whatever they have sitting on the floor as "the must have pinball machine" so it is going to skew results to some extent.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:12 PM »

Peter

Some of the biggest collectors I know of are not forum participants, and they have been around a long time to know the tricks of the trade. I know some collectors who love pinball, and only buy of reputable sellers - but they don't have time for forums, or are not forum savvy.

Newbies that don't do their homework are the unfortunate victims of the old trick - "Rare and collectible" for only the games on "their" showroom floor.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia