Author Topic: Any briz collectors know of any Medievil Madness around  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I like a man with a sense of humour, so points to you...lol

on a serious note, paying $10,000 for a MM is a serious proposition but they are still very much in demand...people outside of pinball must think us collectors are nuts for paying that sort of money for 15 yr old wood n wires etc...

Q - Why hasnt someone done a MM remake, cause I could see 500 selling easily from Pre-orders...will Planetary Pinball start getting into a production deal with JJP ? I bet he does sooner or later...that may hurt Stern if the classic Bally/Williams titles get remakes...ouch $$$$
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline SwingLid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Thats a good question.....

With all the tech around etc what would it take to "build" a MM from scratch???

Whats parts would you need that are impossible to get?

With the cost a a cab + decals etc surely it would only cost a few K..

?

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Thats a good question.....

With all the tech around etc what would it take to "build" a MM from scratch???

Whats parts would you need that are impossible to get?

With the cost a a cab + decals etc surely it would only cost a few K..

?

If you are going to build one privately, that is paying retail prices for parts, there are quite literally thousands of individual parts that will all add up.

There was a guy in the US who has built one from scratch and he gave a figure of $12,000 by paying retail prices for parts and building one from the ground up.

Impossible to get parts (or would need to be refabricated):
Wireform ramps
Wiring loom (need to be remade)
Lane guides (the long metal strips that run around the playfield loops)
Underplayfield PCB's.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:23:18 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Its definately do-able ...espescially for 12 grand if its basically a brand new in box machine.....

If someone from Planetary Pinball did up a MM kit (with all the parts that it required)...how many kits and people would go for it...
It would most definately help if u borrowed a mates MM and built them side by side...

Rumours are that all Bally/Williams licences that are available to be reproduced by Planetary Pinball are being discussed with JJP !

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Q - Why hasnt someone done a MM remake, cause I could see 500 selling easily from Pre-orders...will Planetary Pinball start getting into a production deal with JJP ? I bet he does sooner or later...that may hurt Stern if the classic Bally/Williams titles get remakes...ouch $$$$

Someone missed the MM remake fiasco!!  :lol
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I shld have said why hasnt "someone serious with credibility" tried making the MM machine ? (versus crocodile hunter pinballs and things that were never going to get off the ground.lol)

The machine has the demand, it just needs someone with the ability now...Planetary Pinball and JJP seem to be the only hope for any of these wanted titles...

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Just reading on pinside Dennis Nordman is considering doing an Elvira 3 for 2013  $#$

SWEEET *%*
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Just reading on pinside Dennis Nordman is considering doing an Elvira 3 for 2013  $#$

SWEEET *%*

I saw that on pinside too, another elvira game....geez and people winge about movie and superhero themes...this would be pin # 3 for big jugs.
 (((

Nordman and crew would be way better off doing some type of zombie pin.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
I shld have said why hasnt "someone serious with credibility" tried making the MM machine ? (versus crocodile hunter pinballs and things that were never going to get off the ground.lol)

The machine has the demand, it just needs someone with the ability now...Planetary Pinball and JJP seem to be the only hope for any of these wanted titles...

Well Mirco has just completed the playfields under license from PP (I just received this in my inbox direct from Mirco - so no I wouldn't lay a brand new playfield down in the dirt).  #@#

Anticipating the obvious question - price is $879 plus 75 shipping to Aus plus 70 if paying by paypal (US dollars).

EDIT: And they are ceramic clearcoated (all of them).

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:06:42 PM by pinsanity »