Author Topic: Old V New..?  (Read 30838 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Old V New..?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »
Its still the same technology Cavey. The technology at the time was very common place... we werent in the dark ages. Problem is that the games you mention are still the same as the games churned out now. DMD was new at the time and was an innovation... its no longer an innovation, it is in fact a poor way to display graphics in todays market.
As for the game itself.. coils, micro switches etc, this has hardly changed in 100 years.. the micro replaced the leaf switch, optos negated the need for a protruding switch etc.
Hardly anything has changed since IJ and TZ

Plus you can then consider the ColorDMD (LCD) for titles such as MM, AFM and TAF and those 15-20 year old games have in effect "leapfrogged" the current Sterns.  #@#

That doesn't make them better games, what is the big deal with displays anyway? I hardly ever look at a display while playing.
Although I love MM, it is not worth the $$$ that is being asked for it today...nowhere near it. Afm and Taf...pass all day...over-rated.
I would rather have a new stern or a couple of other b/w titles for the same money any day.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"