Author Topic: Old V New..?  (Read 30699 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Old V New..?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »
everyones a stern basher these days, but u have to look at what they had to deal with....

Pin2000 failed, it didnt keep pinball going for the biggest player, so was Stern to follow suit and try some INNOVATION like that and then closedown....or do u do what u know has worked for the last 100 years and stick to basics...?  they stuck to basics and survived...

..snip..

Pin2000 was innovation..didnt help at all did it...what innovation are we missing...everyone keeps saying there a lack of innovatio, so OK, lets have the people who keep talking about innovation please list all the innovation and great ideas that are so easy to imagine, we should have had it ages ago, list away the innovation which has been staring us all in the face we should have included as a pinball industry ?  !@# !@# !@# !@# !@# !@#

Stating facts does not mean anyone is a Stern basher.

As I've mentioned on another thread, Bally Williams simply moved their efforts into a more lucrative market. Pinball was secondary to them as the ENTIRE industry was fledgling. P2K was not an outright failure - it was simply BAD timing. ALL the other manufacturers had the insight to move on. Stern didn't. This is not Stern bashing at all. These are facts. Some may say Stern didn't have the insight to move into the gambling arena. Who knows, they may have done well. But the facts are that Stern have not innovated ANYTHING since the decline of the industry ??

Name something that Stern has brought to pinball since 1999 ?

Just so we are on the same page, Brett - I have two Sterns in my collection that I would NEVER part with, and BOTH have slight innovations for their time. But they are not DMDs.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia