Author Topic: Upgrade the forum software  (Read 7389 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Upgrade the forum software
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »
One of the issues we have on the forum is that people jump on regularly, type 20 useless posts in a 30 minute period just so they can see the pinball machines for sale, then they jump off and never post again. Everyone says welcome, but they never post again or comeback...

The 20 post rule needs to be scrapped cause it serves no valid purpose, but creates useless one off posts. Some people are readers and will never post, so if access to sales threads are given, without 20 posts, it wont hurt imo. Does anyone else think the same thing.?

Otherwise the forum layout works very well and is exceptionally easy to navigate. I am hoping it stays very much the same and simple.
This forum is much easier to use than most, and I find the AA site no where as user friendly as this forum. Keep AP like AP and ignore being the same as others out there.

The 20 post rule will stay as it does more good than harm in our opinion.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”