Author Topic: What innovations can you suggest for a new DMD game.  (Read 9689 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: What innovations can you suggest for a new DMD game.
« on: November 13, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »
** Look at linking pinball with world wide web for competition scoring, but be realistic and understand people will cheat n take glass off to get crazy scores, or add a webcamera to the translite area which activates when u go online via hitting tournament button etc, so people can see u playing etc, via a dial in website or something similar u can join n belong to/share scores n be part of a world wide web competition, held anytime, anywhere....

that is a  bit more of an argument for a LCD screen.

i still recon stern can make money from online gaming with pinball, with paid sub******ions to their servers.
but they would have to make it worth while, like different games and types of battle matches.

I do recon limiting a game to one set of rules is stupid with the technology we have today.
and not just one set of rules but one type of game, you could have traditional rules for traditional gameplay, and also other types of games like skill games or battle matches.
they could also sell different games for you to buy.
and just like xbox or playstation games they come out with one set of rules, and later on the company develops other sets for sale which you buy and download from xboxlive as an example, addons are very popular.
 stern could do this so they can release the game you buy, a few weeks later develop new rules you upload and you can select to play those rules.

i also think the LCD screens should be used for Advertising in a shop, they should allow advertising to be uploaded on the screen, so if your arcade or cafe has a special or event its displayed making use of the lcd for advertising in your business.
that would make it very attractive to shop owners, which would help with more sited pinballs and at least whilest the machine isnt in use the space it takes up isnt dead space.

another thing, a jukebox mode, usb to plug in your mp3's so you can use the pinball as jukebox in your man cave.

these are the sorts of things they should look into imo.

as for the getting word out about stern or who ever else is making pinballs?, well i agree, i have people weekly and even daily come into my shop trying to sell me, claw machines, Atm machines, retro cocktail machines, any sort of vending machine known to man but not once has any rep tried to sell me a pinball machine.
and to be honest out side of this hobby no one knows who stern are, or even if pinballs are being made any more.

some one here have contact with stern or JJP, should send them a link to this thread.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:33:07 PM by Olivia_jason »