Author Topic: What innovations can you suggest for a new DMD game.  (Read 9701 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: What innovations can you suggest for a new DMD game.
« on: November 13, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »

i also think the LCD screens should be used for Advertising in a shop, they should allow advertising to be uploaded on the screen, so if your arcade or cafe has a special or event its displayed making use of the lcd for advertising in your business.

I heard a interview with Jack (spooky I think) and he said this about the LCD in WOZ and future others can be uterlised for advertising.

it makes perfect sense imo, and if you the machine is for home use people can put custom pictures in there or favorite pictures in it for the machine to scroll through. but having the option to put pictures in the screen is great for shop and being able to put store advertising in it, also might help cover site fee's for hirers if they can sell some advertising o nthe machine when sited in a shopping center or what not. anything that makes it more attractive to operators and makes the machine look less of dead space will help the machine be sited imo

if the machine is sited people will take a look at it, so why not use that opportunity to jam their face with some adds when the machine isnt being used.
this is thinking from an operators point of view especially when not in use it is using electricity to do nothing so make it do something.

another idea for arcades, is provisions for a ticket reel, people have mentioned these ticket games are the most played games in arcade, kids want to get a few tickets after playing a game to try and claim some crappy prize at the end of the day or playing arcades lol.
now kids play those crappy games like throwing a basket ball through a hoop to claim a few tickets,"BORING"
 im dam sure they would play a pinball if it can be easally modded for a dispensing tickets out the coin door on a pinball,
i wouldnt think it should have the mech on all models but certainly have provisions for it if an arcade uses redemption machines. and i know most of the arcades in qld are full of redemption machines these days.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 07:15:14 PM by Olivia_jason »