Author Topic: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !  (Read 10285 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »
The demographic for pinball machines is adults, plain n simple...arcades already with ticket dispensing will help pinball machines to stay there with ticket dispensers added etc, but in the scheme of things, 70 percent of pin sales are now to home users. The days of siting machines are over...all operators I have met are saying they are not making money on a $7,000 pinny purchase for the returns they are/arent getting.

Just go to a Timezone (the biggest and best in Australasia is here in QLD just 10 minutes away at Surfers) and u see that 18 yr olds plus, but mostly 30 ish old people or 45 yr old parents play the pinballs. Kids rarely even stop or play unless the parent has a go, and then, the attention span is less than 5 minutes tops. 30 yrs ago, when computers n video games werent invented, different story. All the arcades shut for a reason.

Pinball machines are not fun enough in any way shape or form for young kids compared to what they have to chose from. Just go to a proper Timezone, look at what unbelievable machiney is on offer, and u quickly see that there are many many things that kids will play well before pinball. The fact that 99 percent of people in the place dont even know, or have ever seen a pinball doesnt help.

The ticket dispenser will help, but it aint going to set the world on fire..it might help the arcade operator let the pinball operator leave it there for another 12 months, til the play figures come back.

At least Stern has had a go. The future is home use everywhere in the world...if thats your strongest market, build on it, work it to the bone, do everything to grow that segment because the operator market has and will continue to die a slow death.
Clever marketing to the home market will replace the operator market inside of 3 yrs if someone with some nouse got involved and started thinking 2012 and 2020 versus 1980.lol

p.s - someone said WOZ was a broad market appeal machine...only if you visit old persons homes, cause only 70 yr old people were around when the movie came out....how old is Jack from JJP the boss, close to 65 yrs probably...point made...
The wizard of who ??.....replied the mass market of 2013.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 01:25:23 AM »
The demographic for pinball machines is adults, plain n simple...arcades already with ticket dispensing will help pinball machines to stay there with ticket dispensers added etc, but in the scheme of things, 70 percent of pin sales are now to home users. The days of siting machines are over...all operators I have met are saying they are not making money on a $7,000 pinny purchase for the returns they are/arent getting.

Just go to a Timezone (the biggest and best in Australasia is here in QLD just 10 minutes away at Surfers) and u see that 18 yr olds plus, but mostly 30 ish old people or 45 yr old parents play the pinballs. Kids rarely even stop or play unless the parent has a go, and then, the attention span is less than 5 minutes tops. 30 yrs ago, when computers n video games werent invented, different story. All the arcades shut for a reason.

Pinball machines are not fun enough in any way shape or form for young kids compared to what they have to chose from. Just go to a proper Timezone, look at what unbelievable machiney is on offer, and u quickly see that there are many many things that kids will play well before pinball. The fact that 99 percent of people in the place dont even know, or have ever seen a pinball doesnt help.

The ticket dispenser will help, but it aint going to set the world on fire..it might help the arcade operator let the pinball operator leave it there for another 12 months, til the play figures come back.

At least Stern has had a go. The future is home use everywhere in the world...if thats your strongest market, build on it, work it to the bone, do everything to grow that segment because the operator market has and will continue to die a slow death.
Clever marketing to the home market will replace the operator market inside of 3 yrs if someone with some nouse got involved and started thinking 2012 and 2020 versus 1980.lol

p.s - someone said WOZ was a broad market appeal machine...only if you visit old persons homes, cause only 70 yr old people were around when the movie came out....how old is Jack from JJP the boss, close to 65 yrs probably...point made...
The wizard of who ??.....replied the mass market of 2013.

Undeniably arcades are fewer and far between, but there is a market there still and that may die off eventually.
but im sure we would all love to see pinballs in arcades more than they currently are at least till the arcades dissapear.
ticket dispenser will hep imo.
like we have said this is just for this demographic.
for pinball to truly survive pinball needs to be more innovative as many ideas have been said by members on the innovation thread. in areas you say, home use, and other places that could site pinballs. again talked about in the innovation thread

now as for WOZ well the theme is certainly correct to what you say Cavey. however  there is a new WOZ movie coming out
so maybe that will help?? i dont know. its still a shit theme. hmm bit of luck maybe???

but seeing what WOZ machine is offering as far as innovation then it certainly has market appeal, its not a complete package because of theme, i am sure we can agree on that. i recon whilst the theme is shit the next title will have allot of appeal,

i do think people here are a bit negative and unfair on how pinball is seen by kids and not entirely correct. Im going to get some of my security camera photage of almost every kids that walks into the shop and how they react when they see a pinball machine, lol its insane they are all over it.
i think the cliche of all kids only wanting to play video games is a bit far fetched, (just a little) other things do interest them believe it or not. lol
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:31:50 AM by Olivia_jason »