Author Topic: Electronic component history test  (Read 5358 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Electronic component history test
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
Not sure what you'd call them, but my guess is that they contain an LDR (light dependent resistor) and a light bulb or LED for a light source, like an opto coupler type thing i guess  !@# probably used to simulate a gunshot or explosion perhaps ??  #@#

I've seen a similar thing in old guitar amps for the tremolo circuits  *%*

we have a winner  $#$  $#$ $#$ $#$

well done. 6 volt lamp on one side and an LDR on the other and yes they help control the explosion sounds.

and i don't know what they are called either.  !@#  !@)

Yay i won  #*#  whats my prize for winning  ??  :lol :lol
you have won 100 either 44 or 555 black lights, they all have a high quality black and silver coating guaranteed to stop any light leaving the lamp but you will still have full heat output from most of the lamps.  :lol :lol just send $500 "in good faith" so we can send your prize out quickly
send you payment to:
po box 555, capital city. Nigeria  && 
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Electronic component history test
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »

you have won 100 either 44 or 555 black lights, they all have a high quality black and silver coating guaranteed to stop any light leaving the lamp but you will still have full heat output from most of the lamps.  :lol :lol just send $500 "in good faith" so we can send your prize out quickly
send you payment to:
po box 555, capital city. Nigeria  &&  

%.% %.% %.% %.%  @@* @@*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:43:52 PM by Mr Pinbologist »