Author Topic: KISS Thread  (Read 588 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
KISS Thread
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:34 AM »
 <..>
If there's money to be made Gary will do it .
Will it sell ?, with an LCD and Video clips playing it will exceed  AC/DC .
Would I buy it YES .

Would I buy a Queen Pinball if made Yes !

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:09:23 AM by Ant68 »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: KISS Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:07:41 AM »
I noticed in the Avengers thread that comments were made about the guys not dressing in character. I have watched a few of Gene's reality series - Family Jewels and they once again dress up in their costumes for their concerts so in affect returned back to the 80's as that is where the money is as no one else is doing it. Here are 2 images of 2012 concerts:

http://www.ishootshows.com/2012/08/28/preview-kiss-the-tour-2012/
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:40:48 AM »
Got my concert tickets and can't wait to get tickets for there 2nd Melbourne show all I need next to my BIB LE is a KISS LE  pinball, like AC/DC it'll be current lineup and that's fair enough most likely hints of the past a sort of tribute. Come on Gene drop your price your asking to much and let Stern make it there first LCD game and please Stern give us live songs. Imagine hitting start and the machine saying " you wanted the best you got the best the hottest band in the world KISS"  .
I'd pre order one unseen like acca dacca.

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 08:53:15 AM »
Who is this?

is it some boyband from the UK?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »
The ONLY music pin worth doing is HENDRIX, that would be out of control cool!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 10:37:24 AM »
How many more KISS pinballs do we need ? Move on to something else. Let KISS R.I.P

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
most other boards are saying that Metalica is the next band machine from Stern

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »
most other boards are saying that Metalica is the next band machine from Stern

I have read that as well, according to som in the know it will be Metallica and then Star Trek after Avengers.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »
<..>
If there's money to be made Gary will do it .
Will it sell ?, with an LCD and Video clips playing it will exceed  AC/DC .
Would I buy it YES .

Would I buy a Queen Pinball if made Yes !

"If there's money to be made" - I know Stern have asked KISS several times and the answer from the band has been "no". Gene will take the spoils from the profits, not Stern. Thats the way it is with the KISS license. All the other (3000) ish products that bear the logo have the same deal. Stern are more than aware that this is the license that will make more money than any other.

If it is made, it will sell far more than AC/DC - simply because of the fanbase.

Stern have looked into Metallica, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. But KISS has always been their priority.

I don't care who makes it. I will but it, and I know KISS collectors that don't care about pinball OTHER than having the 1978 KISS AND the new game. Stern know the fanbase will buy it.

Queen ? Yes - a good choice. This would sell well like AC/DC.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
As I've said before, if Stern make a KISS machine, I'm in. Big fan of what they did with AC/DC and with the addition of an LCD somewhere, I reckon KISS would be a winner!

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 06:35:11 PM »
Kiss would be a big selling machine no matter what it was or how it played.  Whether you like them or not or whether you think they are over the hill or whatever, it would sell a massive amount of numbers I reckon.  As a theme, Kiss would be bigger than AC/DC around the world.  Even if margins were small, I think Kiss would be well worth doing.  Publicity alone would be well worth it. 

As long as there is not a nett loss it would have to be good to get pinball out to the masses again.  Remember there are spare parts to be sold.  If I was Mr Stern, I would be making my own mods to sell to the public as well.  Imagine genuine authentic mods straight from the manufacturer before anyone else gets the chance to get their hands on a machine to develop and make the mods.......$$$$$$$ to be made there I'd say.
Addicted to pins.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »
Kiss would be a big selling machine no matter what it was or how it played.  Whether you like them or not or whether you think they are over the hill or whatever, it would sell a massive amount of numbers I reckon.  As a theme, Kiss would be bigger than AC/DC around the world.  Even if margins were small, I think Kiss would be well worth doing.  Publicity alone would be well worth it.  

As long as there is not a nett loss it would have to be good to get pinball out to the masses again.  Remember there are spare parts to be sold.  If I was Mr Stern, I would be making my own mods to sell to the public as well.  Imagine genuine authentic mods straight from the manufacturer before anyone else gets the chance to get their hands on a machine to develop and make the mods.......$$$$$$$ to be made there I'd say.

My sentiments exactly, Blair....also like your idea of Stern factory mods. Like when you buy a car and have the option of purchasing all the extras. As an example, I want to buy the cheapest machine Stern brings out, but I like the option afterwards of adding my own mods. Hopefully someone brings this up with Gary Stern when he's in Australia. I'd also like someone to press him on KISS again. Sure, we've heard the forum stories about costs being too high, but I don't think we're hearing the whole story on this, or it's in the pipeline. As you said, it's too big of a cash cow to write off simply because of "licensing costs". Both AC/DC and KISS have toy pinball machines (Beatles Yellow Submarine also), so KISS pinball machines must be fresh in the minds of the powers that be.

Cheers!
Adam.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:53:01 PM by delarge »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »
I'll have a Gene Simmons LE please :-)

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »
Would be a smash for sure...KISS is the #1 asked for machine and ive never had one for sale. The price puts a lot of people off but it is the one im asked about the most.
KISS fans are right in the demographic of Sterns target home market... making this title would be maximising your sales to your target audience.

But if they cant get KISS then MOTORHEAD with black leather cab covers and the logo on the caps would do me fine, but i dont want the band members heads centre stage.. something more like the cover to OVERKILL would be better.

Rock on dudes....

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »
Ooh Motorhead, never thought of that as a pinball theme. LOUD!!!

I'm still after an old KISS machine. Hoping for one that needs a bit of TLC. My holy grail machine now.

Cheers!
Adam.