Author Topic: Rubber Kit  (Read 489 times)

Offline pinball-collector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Rubber Kit
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »
hello,, l have a large collection, but been out of it for a while..where is the cheapest and best place to order pinball rubber kits and globes from? melbourne would be nice, but not bothered..Thank you

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Rubber Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »
With rubbers I try to avoid the ones on eBay, some have been in storage for 10 plus years and are no longer fresh.

RTBB (http://www.rtbb.com.au) is a great guy to deal with, has fresh rubber in bulk as well as bulk globes and quality LEDs not the cheap rubbish.

Otherwise overseas Pinball Life is probably the next best in value.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:25:36 PM »
Pinball Life are the best to deal with. I don't buy anything from local suppliers if possible.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 05:44:03 PM »
Pinball Life are the best to deal with. I don't buy anything from local suppliers if possible.

Pinball Life are great. Of course, locally there is RTBB as mentioned, who are terrific.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »

Pinball Life are great. Of course, locally there is RTBB as mentioned, who are terrific.

+1

RTBB has always processed my orders within a day or two. I always try Greg first and then PBR.

With rubbers I try to avoid the ones on eBay, some have been in storage for 10 plus years and are no longer fresh.

RTBB (http://www.rtbb.com.au) is a great guy to deal with, has fresh rubber in bulk as well as bulk globes and quality LEDs not the cheap rubbish.

Otherwise overseas Pinball Life is probably the next best in value.

A LOT of repairs I've seen recently have the cheap and nasty LEDs off eBay. One #89 el cheapo LED caused a few issues with flashers on a recent SYS80a repair. Buy the good quality LEDs from RTBB or if you HAVE to go overseas - Cointaker.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »
ok, thank you, some of those names are starting to ring a bell,,in regards to the US,, whats postage time takes ?,, l used to deal with coin play, but has moved somewhere,,did contact think mark c on ebay about rubbers but never go back to me..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »
Pinball life's LEDs are perfect n cheapest I have found....I have bought apx four thousand units from terry the owner n never had a failure yet.

I won't buy from any local company who doesn't have auto postage calculator like the big companies and won't deal with companies who don't have PayPal set up. 

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:28 PM »
Usually around 10 days max from the US. I've also bought from Cointaker and their LEDS are very good.

I've bought lots of items from Pinball Life, but never LEDS. I've added some to my latest order to give them a try.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:55:18 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
Usually around 10 days max from the US. I've also bought from Cointaker and their LEDS are very good.

+1

Had as low as five bus days from pinball life but about ten is usually right

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:34 PM »
Always nice to support the local Aussie guys if and where possible.  You will save a bit in postage to put towards your order. As others have mentioned, Pinball Life would be the pick of them in the US.
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »
Pinball life's LEDs are perfect n cheapest I have found....I have bought apx four thousand units from terry the owner n never had a failure yet.

I won't buy from any local company who doesn't have auto postage calculator like the big companies and won't deal with companies who don't have PayPal set up.  

Hmm.

The auto Aust Post calculators are very rarely accurate, and you generally end up paying a lot more for your postage than what it truly costs.  Geez, I can think of another LOCAL supplier that charged $6.90 for postage, then it arrived with $.50c worth of stamps.  At least with RTBB the postage quoted in your followup email is what it costs.  Worth the extra wait and generally products will have the same dispatch time.

^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:29:36 PM by MartyJ »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »

Hmm.

The auto Aust Post calculators are very rarely accurate, and you generally end up paying a lot more for your postage than what it truly costs.

^^^ ^^^

Correct Marty, BUT have only found that with Marco Spec which everyone knows about....never had a issue with other Aussie sellers unless they are charging for a decent size box n packing etc, but mostly rare...but i guess it happens.

Pinball-Life are always on the money, and Terry does postage refunds on a very rare basis if the postage cost has ever gone over by even $2 than quoted. Last time he emailed me a $2 refund and i said dont worry, but he insisted. Also, the savings on the parts prices usually pay for the postage anyway.

(shld have added, not worth going overseas only for 1 x rubber kit.lol...only for larger orders go to USA, so stick with rtbb for that rubber kit as suggested..)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:50:38 PM by Caveoftreasures »

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »
Ok, have sent them both emails, see how things go, if you go to the pinball owners list on this site, will see l will have to start putting in large orders, all my machines, will need a rubbers put through them,all need something,most have been sitting around for years, one of the Jurrassic parks, has not been played for 15 years,, thank you very much pinballers..

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 12:37:27 AM »

Pinball-Life are always on the money, and Terry does postage refunds on a very rare basis if the postage cost has ever gone over by even $2 than quoted. Last time he emailed me a $2 refund and i said dont worry, but he insisted. Also, the savings on the parts prices usually pay for the postage anyway.

(shld have added, not worth going overseas only for 1 x rubber kit.lol...only for larger orders go to USA, so stick with rtbb for that rubber kit as suggested..)

Yeah Pinball Life are great to deal with. I got refunded $19 on the freight for the order i received just today, that was an order of about $350 worth of parts, including a couple of DMD displays, i needed one for a clients resto job, plus a spare to go into stock.

I've done several orders with them now, this one being the first where they over quoted on the freight. When i got the email from PayPal notifying me of the refund, at first i thought it was because something was out of stock.. then i re-read the email properly a day later  @.@

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:39:33 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »
I tend to support the local aussie vendors for most general pinball parts (rubbers, bulbs etc) I only order overseas if I can't find the parts within Australia.

Australian pinball collectors should be supporting Australian vendors first imo.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.