Author Topic: DIY Pinball Trolley  (Read 13049 times)

Offline Redback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: DIY Pinball Trolley
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »
Very nice,

Seal it as homepin mentioned.

I like the guides for play fields.

Thanks for sharing,
Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Marty Machine

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 12:16:26 AM »
Very handy workbench/trolley, i can imagine a few of them scattered around the workshop and/or put away in a corner until parts arrive or restored and just pull each game as needed.....

You might consider putting some form of tool-tray along the sides (along the carpet edge) so all your screwdrivers and things are *there* and accessable....
The tool tray could simply be a series of various-sized holes right along one edge of the carpeted layer, assuming it would be a bit wider to accomodate the pinny cabinet AND the tools alongside it.......food for thought...

You could also mount a floodlight on extender arm to the main framework, which then pulls up into place into the cabinet and so forth, and possible mount a kambrook powerboard on the framework to allow soldering iron, heatgun and test gear to easily plug in to.....the extension lead could roll up and hang on a hook on the end of the trolley too and remain permanent on EACH trolley to eliminate mucking around with power cables and tools and other time-wasting crap ;-)

The ideas above are based on some tool/work trolleys i made at my last workplace, and VERY handy to have a few around.

Oh, if you decide to fill in the sides with solid sheeting, you could always decorate it with retro pinny artwork to suit ;-)

Cool stuff Nino!!!  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:10:12 PM by Marty Machine »

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 10:35:02 AM »
Very handy workbench/trolley, i can imagine a few of them scattered around the workshop and/or put away in a corner until parts arrive or restored and just pull each game as needed.....

You might consider putting some form of tool-tray along the sides (along the carpet edge) so all your screwdrivers and things are *there* and accessable....
The tool tray could simply be a series of various-sized holes right along one edge of the carpeted layer, assuming it would be a bit wider to accomodate the pinny cabinet AND the tools alongside it.......food for thought...

You could also mount a floodlight on extender arm to the main framework, which then pulls up into place into the cabinet and so forth, and possible mount a kambrook powerboard on the framework to allow soldering iron, heatgun and test gear to easily plug in to.....the extension lead could roll up and hang on a hook on the end of the trolley too and remain permanent on EACH trolley to eliminate mucking around with power cables and tools and other time-wasting crap ;-)

The ideas above are based on some tool/work trolleys i made at my last workplace, and VERY handy to have a few around.

Oh, if you decide to fill in the sides with sold sheeting, you could always decorate it with retro pinny artwork to suit ;-)

Cool stuff Nino!!!  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Some great ideas there Marty  ^^^ .. I can see myself building one of these methinks
I need more room ! and more $$$