Author Topic: Ever Felt Like Selling Up and Finding A New Hobby  (Read 885 times)

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
Re: Ever Felt Like Selling Up and Finding A New Hobby
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »
I have taken quite a few steps back from the hobby... to return when I felt like it.

It's OK. It's normal. You can't eat, sleep and breathe pinball *all* the time, after all!

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 07:44:43 AM »
I have taken quite a few steps back from the hobby... to return when I felt like it.

It's OK. It's normal. You can't eat, sleep and breathe pinball *all* the time, after all!
Blasphemy

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »

Blasphemy

:lol :lol

Offline fte

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »
I find enjoyment when other people can play the games and discover the fun in them. If you keep your games for your own entertainment only, then they will grow stale on you.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »
I find enjoyment when other people can play the games and discover the fun in them. If you keep your games for your own entertainment only, then they will grow stale on you.

I couldn't agree more. It's always more fun to have people around playing and enjoying a game of pinball with you. It's a great social outlet.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 01:59:48 PM »
A change is as good as a holiday.....I used to race bikes n jetskis for many years before getting into Pinball...looks like I am going to restart an old hobby which is still alot of fun...I am convinced i will do something after xmas etc...

My brother has been harrassing me to buy a motorbike with him and go for rides like we always used to so i have been doing the rounds looking at the various motorbike dealerships.....If u think the car and pinball industry's are way down on sales, the motor bike industry is bleeding to death and is barely surviving on factory backed life support...bikes that were $18,990 a year ago, are now $13,490 incl all on roads plus extras plus many freebies just to move the stock...they have dozens, if not hundreds of unsold brand new in box (crete) stock from 2010, 2011, 2012, and most dealerships are cancelling bringing in 2013 stock cause they cant sell it..the finance industry isnt lending...the bike industry is a mess...

One bloke who owns 6 large bike dealerships, who sells usually 400 bikes a month between the 6 shops isnt even selling 40 bikes per the 6 shops...its bad, real bad, but good for buyers...

This is the bike I am looking at...one for me, one for my brother, just after xmas probably, cause prices will drop again.
Its apx $75 a week per bike over 4 yrs aprox if u finance the lot n keep the cash in ya pocket for pinballs or other stuff.

http://www.bikesales.com.au/bnbis/details/honda-vfr800x-crossrunner-2011-11530846?__Ns=p_IsPoa_Int32|0||p_RankSort_Int32|1||p_HasPhotos_Int32|1||p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0||p_YearMade_Int32|1||p_PriceSort_Decimal|1||p_PhotoCount_Int32|1&__Nne=15&__Qpb=1&__sid=13973A34AFD1&__N=1432 604 1430 1429 1626 1428 4294967259 4294955177

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 02:02:25 PM »
another quick video

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »
bikes= good way to kill yourself *.*
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:00:49 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 09:38:55 PM »
something different...

people who ride like idiots get killed the most often..no one is immune to fools in cars hitting you hats true.....but its a weekender thing mostly, and a few days at the quarter mile drag strip for some fun from time to time versus my brother on the same exact bike.lol

anything for something different..

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »
something different...

people who ride like idiots get killed the most often..no one is immune to fools in cars hitting you hats true.....but its a weekender thing mostly, and a few days at the quarter mile drag strip for some fun from time to time versus my brother on the same exact bike.lol

anything for something different..

Cool, enjoy the bike rides mate.
I have plenty of mates who enjoy bikes and have had surgery after the inevitable crash, mainly due to circumstances beyond their control.....all of them have had surgery at some stage due to bike crashes. Gotta hand it to them though as they all still ride...back on he horse as they say.
I will stick to golf as my other hobby/passion. Want a REAL challenge, play golf!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 10:47:49 PM »
I'd kill myself on a motorbike.  I have been the victim of a P plater hitting me whilst I was riding a push bike.....also have the scars to prove it.

In a previous life I attended a motor bike accident.  The guy had gone through a red light and collided with a car.  He Supermanned over the car and skidded down the road until he hit the median strip knee first and then wrapped himself around a traffic light pole.  Man his knee was smashed to bits, there was bits of bone and splatter marks over the median strip (he was only wearing jeans).  Plenty of scuff marks where he hit the light pole as well.  He was laying on his back with his knee bent, all you could see was his jeans torn to shreds and the whitest of white bits of knee bone where he used to have skin.  He survived but spent many many many months in hospital afterwards.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 10:49:11 PM »
I went to high school, was mates with and raced bikes for years with Troy Bayliss and Matt Malladdin who went on to become world champions...a few others went on to become champs in the USA, not bad for a batch of kids from a small country town being Forster/Nabiac mid north coast NSW.

anyone who has ever raced bikes and has never had an operation, has never raced.lol  ....had a bad knee reconstruction years back...still got the titanium aircraft screws in my R knee.lol    that was the deciding factor plus getting into cars n girls which made me move on to jetski racing...u could fall off at 140 klms ph and get up without breaking bones..I used to waterski alot as well...all back on the cards for this next year or so as i sell out more n more of the older pinballs n just keep the BNIB Sterns n ocassional JJP model ? goodbye 40, hello maybe a dozen max...mostly new machines..

as for golf, no sense in spending 3 hrs finding a ball, to then whack it away n lose it again...I just dig holes.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »
I went to high school, was mates with and raced bikes for years with Troy Bayliss and Matt Malladdin who went on to become world champions...a few others went on to become champs in the USA, not bad for a batch of kids from a small country town being Forster/Nabiac mid north coast NSW.

anyone who has ever raced bikes and has never had an operation, has never raced.lol  ....had a bad knee reconstruction years back...still got the titanium aircraft screws in my R knee.lol    that was the deciding factor plus getting into cars n girls which made me move on to jetski racing...u could fall off at 140 klms ph and get up without breaking bones..I used to waterski alot as well...all back on the cards for this next year or so as i sell out more n more of the older pinballs n just keep the BNIB Sterns n ocassional JJP model ? goodbye 40, hello maybe a dozen max...mostly new machines..

as for golf, no sense in spending 3 hrs finding a ball, to then whack it away n lose it again...I just dig holes.

If you can play golf you don't lose many balls if any at all....zen like skills takes zen like practice and a patience.
Yep your much better off digging holes with your head,body, bike  or all three into the dirt or road, that makes plenty of sense. After all the roads are getting less populated these days and the calibre of drivers is that high you don't need to worry about them at all.....enjoy.
 #@#
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:58:18 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »
I rode bikes for a while many years back.. add my own stupidity to that of the drivers around me and im suprised im still here.
Last bike accident i came across was a guy going up a hill.. a car had come the other way and gone round a bus making him on the wrong side of the road.. hit the poor guy head on. I went to help and the guy was folded in half.. on his back... legs up around his head crotch flat with his stomach... had a completely snapped spine and died there and then. Poor guy.. i still cant get the image out of my head.. absolutely sickening.
The worlds full of stupid people and i wont put faith in any of them anymore as much as id like to ride a bike again..

...Anyway.. selling up?? NEVER.
I pull back from the machines now and again.. will walk away from a restore for up to a year as it will be doing my head in. I normally go and start something else then when im ready i go back again. Complete playfield repaints normally get to me, theyll take a couple of years to complete