Author Topic: STERN - webpage getting ready for Avengers ! Woo Hoo ! plus redisign jobs avail.  (Read 759 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I thought Sterns marketing people were all ex Bally/Williams employees....lol  #@# #@# #@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:55:47 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
it.
its free data collection from your fans
A
Which is facebooks business plan in a nutshell

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
well stern are little girls,

I posted on their facebook a few days ago saying this.

"Hey Stern, is there any future thoughts of a non licensed theme?"

and i have now been banned from posting on their wall and my post was deleted lol, first and only time i posted on their facebook page. i guess the answer is no.

i also saw some one else ask if they are putting Lcd's in the screen like JJP are doing, again that post was deleted when i checked back.
none of these posts were rude.

stern are obviously an ignorant company,

Wow, that is really quite unbelievable. While I am not a fan of the Stern product, I had hoped the JJP competition would push them to lift their game - quite clearly they have a poor attitude to customer feedback, or a bee in their bonnet anyway.

I can't imagine a more innocent question than the "non licensed theme" one (the LCD one is a bit loaded though). Perfect opportunity for them to put their case for the licenced themes I would have thought - even something like marketing spin 'With the excellent licenced titles we have coming up, we have not considered this route for now, but you never know what the future might bring" or something like that.

Good old Monkey See, Monkey Do Stern, another marketing triumph!!

+1

Proof that Stern are shaking in their boots. New kid on the block is going to stir up more than just their Facebook page. Over moderation like this tends to alienate people. Again, Stern Marketing dept are still in the stone age.

I am looking forward to Stern's future releases, but they need to spend more time understanding the pinball public. Whichever of the two manufacturers realizes that the future of pinball is the home market, will be the survivor. Stern can't "dictate" the industry. Those days are gone.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria

not negative was

"Hey Stern, is there any future thoughts of a non licensed theme?"

100% right - it was as I mentioned a chance for them to spin about how good their upcoming licensed titles are going to be. Missed opportunity to use a possible perceived negative and turn it around.

Really sums up Stern's lack of marketing skill.

exactly right and a strategy used by almost every single company who uses social media.
Another thing is if you keep those posts and see the same
questions over and over again, you can use that as a mandate to do something about it and the same goes if not then you have good reason not to do it.
its free data collection from your fans

They can't get any feedback if they ban anyone with a question about future releases that differs from what they are planning or banning anyone with any opinion other than stern is god, at least we know Brett won't get banned  *)*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Good point, if they ban me from their Stern site, the world will be over... !!!

OK, something I have to admit, you guys are going to just love this.....sitting down, even make a alcoholic drink...

A month ago, I wrote Stern Head Office in USA a letter of dis-approval about their Transformers Hasbro Toy Pin via their public relations dept.
I have written about AC/DC and X Men and have had my letters passed on and recieved nice letters back from both Steve Ritchie and John Borg.

But this time, I didnt get the same response, not even close...the response was unfriendly and tearse to say the least....I was a totally shocked.
I thought they could have at least said thankyou for your feedback, and thats all they had to say...but i felt like I got scolded like a 12 yr old school kid...so it just goes to show, not even a man who wears Stern pyjamas to bed everynight (only joking about the pyjamas) not even criticism from the Caveman is even appreciated unless its 100 percent positive and pro Stern.  !!! !!! !!!

I just know u guys will be laughing at me over this one.....Cavey copped it from Stern...what a pisser.... #*# #*# %.% %.% %.% %.%

But, I have moved on. I just didnt go ahead with the 26 foot Stern flagpole in my front yard, and canned the Gary tattoo I was getting on my butt.lol

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE

OK, something I have to admit, you guys are going to just love this.....sitting down, even make a alcoholic drink...

A month ago, I wrote Stern Head Office in USA a letter of dis-approval about their Transformers Hasbro Toy Pin via their public relations dept.
I have written about AC/DC and X Men and have had my letters passed on and recieved nice letters back from both Steve Ritchie and John Borg.

But this time, I didnt get the same response, not even close...the response was unfriendly and tearse to say the least....I was a totally shocked.
I thought they could have at least said thankyou for your feedback, and thats all they had to say...but i felt like I got scolded like a 12 yr old school kid...so it just goes to show, not even a man who wears Stern pyjamas to bed everynight (only joking about the pyjamas) not even criticism from the Caveman is even appreciated unless its 100 percent positive and pro Stern.  !!! !!! !!!

I just know u guys will be laughing at me over this one.....Cavey copped it from Stern...what a pisser.... #*# #*# %.% %.% %.% %.%

But, I have moved on. I just didnt go ahead with the 26 foot Stern flagpole in my front yard, and canned the Gary tattoo I was getting on my butt.lol

No tatt come on you know you want it Lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
That blank space on the Stern page just got exciting with all those cool Avengers photos....
The new shape headbox for the LE models is interesting....there are so many things to talk about with Avengers.....

** Anyway, this thread has probably run its course now...because that blanks space is no longer blank.lol

Next time I see another blank space, we will do another infamous blank space thread.....until then.... $!&

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day

so it just goes to show, not even a man who wears Stern pyjamas to bed everynight (only joking about the pyjamas)

Not sure about this - the only person mentioning Stern pyjamas is you; maybe if you write a nice letter to Stern (and buy a couple of their pinball machines) they send you a pair?