Author Topic: STERN - webpage getting ready for Avengers ! Woo Hoo ! plus redisign jobs avail.  (Read 800 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I don't plan on buying one either, but still like finding out about a new game
Then hopefully find somebody who will let me play theirs

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Rumours are that the new game may have the Sam 2.0 system a Bus System with node boards reducing wiring - which The Pin is using and the next batch of AC/DC Premiums will be manufactured with. A good thing about these boards is that it can run a lcd and also stereo sound. So the big news today in the next few hours could be The Avengers with maybe (hoping) a lcd. They may want to get the jump on JJP and launch a game with a LCD to customers before JJP ?????
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Stern Avengers photos now up on their Facebook page. At first glance I thought "X-Men re-theme?" looks nice, but glad I ordered Tron.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:56:19 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:57:51 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
well stern are little girls,

I posted on their facebook a few days ago saying this.

"Hey Stern, is there any future thoughts of a non licensed theme?"

and i have now been banned from posting on their wall and my post was deleted lol, first and only time i posted on their facebook page. i guess the answer is no.

i also saw some one else ask if they are putting Lcd's in the screen like JJP are doing, again that post was deleted when i checked back.
none of these posts were rude.

stern are obviously an ignorant company,

Wow, that is really quite unbelievable. While I am not a fan of the Stern product, I had hoped the JJP competition would push them to lift their game - quite clearly they have a poor attitude to customer feedback, or a bee in their bonnet anyway.

I can't imagine a more innocent question than the "non licensed theme" one (the LCD one is a bit loaded though). Perfect opportunity for them to put their case for the licenced themes I would have thought - even something like marketing spin 'With the excellent licenced titles we have coming up, we have not considered this route for now, but you never know what the future might bring" or something like that.

Good old Monkey See, Monkey Do Stern, another marketing triumph!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I posted on their facebook a little while ago when the add was released in tat coin op mag that the cat was out of the bag with avengers and they deleted that and they placed the adds in the mags - whats the point of posting there.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
The blank space on the Stern Games in Production page, is still...... blank.lol....

So its weird that someone else has released the pictures to the public of the Avengers, but they arent on the Stern official normal website yet....maybe facebook gets priority....but i hate facebook, and its the last place i go to get any sort of serious or professional information...

I shall discuss this blank space still being blank with Mr Stern at next weeks pinballaholics meeting....7.30 pm people, dont be late !

P.S - Avengers - all models look great..well done so far.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Its easier to update on FB than it is a website

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:56:35 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
some companies dont want negative stuff from people on their websites...they may rightly or wrongly consider the people posting to be haters, and therefore not want that style of comment left for others to see....either way, if they own n control the website, its their call...

personally, i dont like seeing negative stuff splashed everywhere all the time on companies pages etc....its just soo much more enjoyable seeing the positive stuff, otherwise you wonder each time u log into certain sites, if u have to look thru 100 negative comments to see a positive one that may be educational, cause usually the neg ones are not...thats been my experience....each to their own....but negativity on a business site or a site to attrract income is best off deleting all negative stuff. I certainly would if i owned the site.  People can still email in their negative feedback if they want to, leaving the webpage positive only....

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:56:53 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
some companies dont want negative stuff from people on their websites...they may rightly or wrongly consider the people posting to be haters, and therefore not want that style of comment left for others to see....either way, if they own n control the website, its their call...

personally, i dont like seeing negative stuff splashed everywhere all the time on companies pages etc....its just soo much more enjoyable seeing the positive stuff, otherwise you wonder each time u log into certain sites, if u have to look thru 100 negative comments to see a positive one that may be educational, cause usually the neg ones are not...thats been my experience....each to their own....but negativity on a business site or a site to attrract income is best off deleting all negative stuff. I certainly would if i owned the site.  People can still email in their negative feedback if they want to, leaving the webpage positive only....

negative would have been cavey,"you guys are shit you dont make nonlicenced themes"

not negative was

Totally agree here. They shouldnt have deleted a question.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

not negative was

100% right - it was as I mentioned a chance for them to spin about how good their upcoming licensed titles are going to be. Missed opportunity to use a possible perceived negative and turn it around.

Really sums up Stern's lack of marketing skill.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:57:07 AM by Olivia_jason »